Reviews for Absinthe

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Worth every penny

For more review, visit: http://www.huipingtay.blogspot.com

Nested at Boat Quay, Absinthe is a comfortable and unassuming French restaurant. They serves an extensive selection of reasonably priced wines covering most of France and other countries as well. During out visit, we opt for the Set lunch menu ($40) which comes with a starters, mains and dessert.

The meal begins with an Assortment of Homemade Charcuterie. This was slightly salty to me, but my friends enjoyed it. For starters, we had the Australian King Prawn served with angel hair and ikura. The prawn was fresh and juicy. For mains, the Braised Kurobuta Pork Belly is served with sauteed button mushroom, savoy cabbage and polenta. The pork belly's texture is smooth, fatty and melts in the mouth. For dessert, the Menage a Trois is served. The trilogy of Valrhona Chocolate is definitely a sinful pleasure.

The place is slightly pricey but definitely worth visiting during the restaurant week.
• 20 May 2015 • 21 reviews • 0 follower

Worth every penny

For more review, visit: http://www.huipingtay.blogspot.com

• Assortment of Homemade Charcuterie
• 12 Mar 2015 • 147 reviews • 8 followers

Alright, worth a visit

Overall
For pictures abd full review, pls visit:

After climbing a long flight of stairs, we were lead to our seats on the second level, which had dark walls and contrasting white paintings illustrating the romance on French streets, complete with white pressed table cloth and plush velvet chairs. The space isn’t huge and tables are rather cramped together-you can hear your neighbor’s conversation clearly. If you prefer dining with a view, alfresco dining is available too.

Instead of Amuse Bouche, we started lunch with an Assortment of Homemade Charcuterie, gherkin and bread slices.

Australian King Prawn starter, complemented with al dente angel hair pasta and pops of ikura. The entree could have been better if the prawns were fresh.

Nesting on a bed of polenta, savoy cabbage and sauteed mushrooms, the Braised Kurobuta Pork Belly had a crispy exterior. While it did not melt in the mouth, the sufficiently tender meat had just the right amount of fat and bite. However, this dish fell slightly short as it was not as juicy as we would’ve liked.

Due to its low fat content, Halibut can easily become too dry when cooking. Absinthe’s Grilled Fillet of Halibut was skillfully prepared, retaining its moisture and mild sweet flavor. The lean fish was harmoniously complemented with zucchini ribbon, crushed potatoes and chorizo foam.

A play on textures, the Trilogy of Valrhona Chocolate consists of velvety chocolate mousse on chocolate sponge, adorned with a dark chocolate strip and crunchy chocolate bits. It may take you a few mouthfuls to fully investigate the delights of this treat. We love the fact that the chocolate isn’t overly sweet and its richness isn’t cloying in the throat.

• 23 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Absolute wonderful dinner

Overall
I spent my last evening there just before heading to the Airport and I still have the taste of the delicious food in my mouth. I had the Lobster Bisque which I adored and the Black Cod with Saffron Risotto which was a delight. There was no more room left for the dessert.
I am from Switzerland and French food is my favorite kind so I must say that I was extremely happy with my choice to come here. I sat right by the river and enjoyed my last hours with glass of wine and wonderful food before returning to Europe.
I highly recommend this Restaurant and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have. Cheers Zena