Reviews for Absinthe

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Alright, worth a visit

For pictures abd full review, pls visit:

After climbing a long flight of stairs, we were lead to our seats on the second level, which had dark walls and contrasting white paintings illustrating the romance on French streets, complete with white pressed table cloth and plush velvet chairs. The space isn’t huge and tables are rather cramped together-you can hear your neighbor’s conversation clearly. If you prefer dining with a view, alfresco dining is available too.

Instead of Amuse Bouche, we started lunch with an Assortment of Homemade Charcuterie, gherkin and bread slices.

Australian King Prawn starter, complemented with al dente angel hair pasta and pops of ikura. The entree could have been better if the prawns were fresh.

Nesting on a bed of polenta, savoy cabbage and sauteed mushrooms, the Braised Kurobuta Pork Belly had a crispy exterior. While it did not melt in the mouth, the sufficiently tender meat had just the right amount of fat and bite. However, this dish fell slightly short as it was not as juicy as we would’ve liked.

Due to its low fat content, Halibut can easily become too dry when cooking. Absinthe’s Grilled Fillet of Halibut was skillfully prepared, retaining its moisture and mild sweet flavor. The lean fish was harmoniously complemented with zucchini ribbon, crushed potatoes and chorizo foam.

A play on textures, the Trilogy of Valrhona Chocolate consists of velvety chocolate mousse on chocolate sponge, adorned with a dark chocolate strip and crunchy chocolate bits. It may take you a few mouthfuls to fully investigate the delights of this treat. We love the fact that the chocolate isn’t overly sweet and its richness isn’t cloying in the throat.

• 12 Mar 2015 • 137 reviews • 7 followers

Alright, worth a visit

For pictures abd full review, pls visit:

• 23 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Absolute wonderful dinner

Overall
I spent my last evening there just before heading to the Airport and I still have the taste of the delicious food in my mouth. I had the Lobster Bisque which I adored and the Black Cod with Saffron Risotto which was a delight. There was no more room left for the dessert.
I am from Switzerland and French food is my favorite kind so I must say that I was extremely happy with my choice to come here. I sat right by the river and enjoyed my last hours with glass of wine and wonderful food before returning to Europe.
I highly recommend this Restaurant and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have. Cheers Zena
• 01 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Slight letdown after chef Francois left the restaurant

Overall
We had a great meal on Xmas eve 2013, and we decided to revisit Absinthe on New Year Eve 2014. Still the same cozy atmosphere, attentive and polite staff. The food taste good but the whole dinner experience just felt... Different. Dishes lacks finesse, presentation is less appealing compared to our previous trip. We had the cheese platter add-on and we were served with bread only (cheese serving is very small too), we have to ask for dry fruits. Back in 2013 we were served with generous portions, fresh grapes, crackers, cranberries etc. this time round it feels like someone took a plate to the buffet counter and gathered some cheese for us.

Not to mentioned the ala carte menu was not available on NY eve too. Price has increased a little but our dining experience went down. After we foot the bill only we got to know chef Francois has left and now replaced by chef Nicolas starting Dec 2014.

Overall the dinner was pleasant but we left with slight disappointment. Probably will try other places next year.