Reviews for Absinthe

Address: 72 Boat Quay

Book a Table

Zenepina

Absolute wonderful dinner

I spent my last evening there just before heading to the Airport and I still have the taste of the delicious food in my mouth. I had the Lobster Bisque which I adored and the Black Cod with Saffron Risotto which was a delight. There was no more room left for the dessert.
I am from Switzerland and French food is my favorite kind so I must say that I was extremely happy with my choice to come here. I sat right by the river and enjoyed my last hours with glass of wine and wonderful food before returning to Europe.
I highly recommend this Restaurant and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have. Cheers Zena
23 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Absolute wonderful dinner

01 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Slight letdown after chef Francois left the restaurant

We had a great meal on Xmas eve 2013, and we decided to revisit Absinthe on New Year Eve 2014. Still the same cozy atmosphere, attentive and polite staff. The food taste good but the whole dinner experience just felt... Different. Dishes lacks finesse, presentation is less appealing compared to our previous trip. We had the cheese platter add-on and we were served with bread only (cheese serving is very small too), we have to ask for dry fruits. Back in 2013 we were served with generous portions, fresh grapes, crackers, cranberries etc. this time round it feels like someone took a plate to the buffet counter and gathered some cheese for us.

Not to mentioned the ala carte menu was not available on NY eve too. Price has increased a little but our dining experience went down. After we foot the bill only we got to know chef Francois has left and now replaced by chef Nicolas starting Dec 2014.

Overall the dinner was pleasant but we left with slight disappointment. Probably will try other places next year.
15 Aug 2014 • 15 reviews • 0 follower

Good but not great

I chose Absinthe for a business lunch yesterday, based on its score and reviews on HGW.  In summary it was good but not great.  The restaurant is located among the bars of boat quay, fronting the river (I preferred their old location).  It has a French bistro look and feel to it, more classic than modern.  I can't fault the interior.  The service was very good - friendly and accomodating.  We ordered the set lunch at $38++ for three courses.  One of us paid $10 extra for the foie gras appetizer and two of us paid $20 extra for the wagyu sirloin.  I had grilled king prawn on angel hair pasta (again, good but not great), the wagyu sirloin (i thought the beef had a strange smell and flavour and left half of it on my plate; the potato was very good though); and the bread & butter pudding (good but small).  We finished with coffees (notably at $8.50 each!)  The bill came to $70/head and I left thinking there are probably better options out there.

Similar Listings