Summary

Kin Kin Pan Mee Original, Kin kin chilli pan mee dry, Signature Dry Chilli Ban Mian, Kin Kin Pan Mee Soup View all
Lunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner View all

Average taste..

For more details, please visit http://foodesteem.blogspot.com/2014/07/kin-kin-chilli-pan-mee.html

Most diners are sharing tables, so that Kin Kin can accommodate more diners at a time. It seems rather busy, in addition that it's a weekend dinner. But service is rather prompt and so is the food served.

Heard that the menu used to have more items than now, perhaps to make their service more effective and easier for chefs to prepare and narrow down the waiting time.

I was strongly recommended to try their Homemade Fishball Soup ($4.00). Quantity of 5 big and soft fishballs, which seems to be indeed homemade, but lacking of firmness and springy texture.

Signature Dry Chilli Pan Mee ($5.00) - Dry. Comes with a bunch of anchovies, 3 meatballs and a soft-boiled egg.

If you find it too plain, you may opt for Sea Asparagus Pan Mee ($8.00) - Dry. Everything is the same, but with addition of sea asparagus for another $3.00.

This is how it should roughly look like after mixing up. I love the thickness and the "gluey" feeling of the noodles, but not having the springy feeling is still a flaw to me.

Overall, it is ok to dine here once, but definitely not worth to queue and wait long hours for it. I would rather head to the nearest coffeshop and order a bowl of fishball noodle. To me, lack of springy texture in the fishball and the noodle are big mistakes.

Most helpful reviews for Restoran Kin Kin

Wanted to try items on the new menu

After the first visit and another subsequent revisit, I found myself here again at Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee. I also heard that they have a new menu, consisting of more items. Indeed, this time round, they have sea asparagus pan mee, clam pan mee, meatball soup and seafood soup etc. Service here is rather unbearable, so just remind yourself that you are here for the food; and even though they state closing time to be 8.00pm (last order 7.45pm), it may happen that you can step in at 7.35pm and are still being chased out.

I had wanted to try the Clams Pan Mee but it was sold out. So I settled for the Signature Dry Chilli Pan Mee (SGD$5.00) to satiate earlier cravings. The springy noodles were satin smooth. After tossing the poached egg, shallots, meat balls and minced meat, simply add in dollops of their homemade chilli paste, and we were all set to go. The noodle was delicious as I'd recalled (by Singapore's standard).

The Beau tried the Signature Pan Mee (SGD$5.00) in soup version, so that we could compare the difference. The broth was delicious, laden with the tiniest hint of sweetness. The noodles were silky strands of bounciness, and he had the same ingredients as me save for the egg. What a pity - we both felt that if there was an egg beaten in, it would have made the noodle more palatable and complete.

For full review and more detailed information, please feel free to refer:

Quite inedible

I've been to Kin Kin more than 5 times, the first time was a revelation -explosion of flavors. The standard has been slipping, my most recent visit was horrifyingly bad.

The overall dish was bland and mushy.

The noodles were gluey, rubbery and pretty inedible. They stuck together in clumps of starch, swimming in a pool of what was meant to be gravy, but tasted like dishwater. The Ee mian was not any better, completely overlooked.

Dried Pan Mee with awesome Chilli!

See photo here http://www.pepperminter.com/2015/04/kin-kin-chilli-pan-mee.html

Good to try if you are nearby and there's not much queue even during lunch hours. Service is fast and the noodle is good. Been there twice and will be heading back there often!

Tastes just like the one in KL - delicious!

Having tried the Dried Ban Mian in Restoran Kin Kin in Kuala Lumpur (KL) two years ago, and still remembering how nice it was, I was glad when Kin Kin came to Singapore. However, it took me a while to finally decide to drop by to try it, because when it first opened, the queue could take 2 hours (including waiting time) so I wasn't about to do that for any food at all. Today, I finally managed to pop by!

The Singapore's version ... oh well, there is a more extensive menu, for one. It came in a big bowl with a side bowl of vegetable soup on the side - something which I appreciated, and deemed as rather thoughtful. Of course, the price of one bowl of Ban Mian here cost SGD$5.00 here.

The noodles were served with a little chilli, ikan bilis (anchovies), meat balls, a poached egg and shallot in lieu of spring onion.

I began to toss the noodles with the other ingredients (always get a thrill of poking the egg yolk and watching it flowing luxuriously over my food). Upon taking the first bite, I found it to be rather bland in flavor - there was not much hint of spiciness, nothing like the one I had in KL. I tried a second bite, and came up with the same verdict. Maybe they are trying to tailor the taste to suit locals' tastebud (cannot be too spicy).

Then I spotted the "Pan Mee Chilli" on the tabletop and that made all the difference. I slowly added chilli powder in dollop after dollop - after about 5 full dollops (I love spicy food by the way), the taste was finally adjusted to a close resemblance of the one I had in KL. Now my noodles was spicy and crispy with the anchovies, and I enjoyed it tremendously.

The addition of meatballs was another nice touch. Lastly, the restaurant is air-conditioned so it was comfortable eating here, even during lunch hours.

For full review and more detailed information, please feel free to visit:

Not worth queueing for

For full review and photos, please visit shirlynnyang.blogspot.com

With much anticipation, Kin Kin Pan Mee opened a few months back in Singapore. For those who don't know, Kin Kin Pan Mee originated from KL and is famous for it's dry pan mee. I went on a Saturday when it first opened and there was no queue - the shop was almost empty! But soon after my visit, I heard that people have to queue for hours to have a bowl of their pan mee.

To be honest, I felt that the pan mee was very ordinary. It tastes good when everything is mixed together, but I definitely would not queue hours for it. I don't even think I would queue anything more than 15 minutes for it. The dry pan mee was served with crunchy ikan bilis, minced meat and fried shallots, together with a soft boiled egg and meat balls. The chili is provided on every table so feel free to add them on your own. The chili is fragrant but not spicy. As I'm a fan of spicy food, I wished the chili had more kick. The noodles were just normal. I liked the soup though. It looks very plain but is actually quite tasty. The fishball that came with it was quite different too. It tasted more like sotong ball.