Review for Ricciotti Pizza Pasta Grill (The Star Vista)

2.2

EuropeanItalianPizza
Address: #01-33, The Star Vista, 1 Vista Exchange Green, 138617
02 Jul 2014
Overall

Lackluster Food but really affordable!

Ordered 9" Prosciutto Cotto E Funghi and Hawaiian. Not cheesy enough. Not enough fillings. There's no complexity of tastes to the pizzas. To be honest, it's actually rather bland.

But with the 1-for-1, it's really very affordable! It costs only about $5 per pax! Hence, I'll probably still return for lunch to try other pasta.

I like the woody decor because it makes a very nice ambience.

Service was so-so. The service staff appears to be new and not trained well. Like when we ask for water or  to take our order, the two waiters will look at each other and ask each other who to serve the table. But it's very obvious that they are trying their best and I'll give them credit for that. Actually, this kind of service makes this place feels homey :)

In conclusion, really affordable with the 1-for-1 deal. But don't come here expecting great food.

More reviews of Ricciotti Pizza Pasta Grill

Overall

Go with the pastas NOT on the 1 for 1 menu.

See the full review with pictures at: http://pickledpeas.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/lunch-at-ricciotti-star-vista/   I was craving some decent pasta since it’s been quite a while since we returned from Italy, and so we went to Ricciotti where I had good memories of their bolognese sauce and also their linguine al granchio. They have one for one pastas/pizzas, which one may think means you can get one pizza and one pasta and one of them will be free, but no, you have to get either two pizzas or two pastas to enjoy the one for one promotion. Lame. Obviously La Nonna’s one-for-one promotion is Doing It Right.   We had the spaghetti carbonara here, which was better than Follia’s but still too much cream and too little egg, and in fact a teeny smidge powdery to the mix. There was also waay too much of it, I even prefer Spaghetti Goemon’s carbonara, which has really nice chunks of bacon.   LZ ordered the Spinach linguine with beef meatballs (polpetta) in a tomato sauce. The meatballs were really nice! And the spinach linguine had a great bite to it different from ordinary durum wheat pastas.   We had a lemon meringue pie for dessert – it tasted rather unfresh but also is one of the cheapest things on the dessert menu so we weren’t expecting a whole lot. They should torch the meringue right before serving. The shortcrust pastry is also a little stiff.   To get the most bang for your buck here, I think one should come on Wednesdays, where you get $10 off your second pasta or pizza and can order whatever pasta you want instead of the options they put on the one-for-one menu which honestly aren’t that interesting.
Overall

Horribly long wait for our food. Staff forgot our order

The food is fine but the wait is horribly long. Even though we come as a big group, the restaurant is empty during lunch time. The food isn't so great that we will come again.

We had pretty much everything on the menu. ordered many pizzas, pasta and appetizers.

Poor

The service was slow, staff not interested and the food was average. The goats cheese was actually blue cheese and hence the pizza nothing like was requested. pizza was soggy and not very tasty.... Was hoping for better.

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

My friends and I (7 of us) went for the 1-1 lunch special. We ordered 6 items. 2 items were $18 each, 2 items were $24 each and 2 items $22.50 and $21. To our dismay, we were charged 3 of the more expensive items (i.e. $22.50+$24+$24) excluding GST and service charge. When I called up the restaurant to verify, they confirmed that it was their error and that they have over-charged us. They told us to make a trip back down to process the refund. However, when we went down, we were told that there was no mistake. The manager was also not polite when dealing with the situation. He kept on insisting that we do not understand Ricottis’ lunch special terms and conditions. Furthermore, they reserve the rights to amend the conditions any time. I didn’t think it was fair to us as customers to be cheated in this sense. And worst of all, they admitted it was their mistake in the first place and when we went down, they told us they were unable to do the refund as there was NO mistake, causing us to make a wasted trip.

The most ridiculous thing was the manager “advising” me to split tables with my friends in the future if I want to enjoy the cheapest deal. Hence, I strongly advise AGAINST visiting this restaurant, which reserve the rights to amend the conditions any time to suit to their favour.

So go, if you want to sit separately from your friends. I will NEVER go back again.