Review for Rida La Cuisine

EuropeanFrenchWestern
Address: 227 Upper Thomson Road, 574359
10 Aug 2014
Overall

Not flexible n bad service

I can't remember the name of the food we ordered, there was how impression the food were. As my friend does not take beef, we requested to change the beef sausage to another meat, but the cashier was not flexible and we have to pay $1 for the change of just ONE sausage! The cashier was just beside the kitchen, to me this is super unhygienic. The food was so so. I will not be visiting here again even if there is another deals or discount.

More reviews of Rida La Cuisine

Fave French eatery

One of my favourite French eateries. The onion soup and brocolli soup never fails to whet our appetite. My favourite entree would be the foie gras, which boasts a crispy outside and soft and fragrant on the inside. It is comparable or even better than many served in other reputable French restaurants that I have patronized. The mains like duck confit never disappoints, and the sea salt spaghetti is tasty with a generous serving of prawns. The desserts pale in comparison but with the tasty entrees and mains, it'll be enough to satisfy your tastebuds. :)

Yummy

Love the food! There was only one chef, but all meals were served pretty promptly, and all tasted yummy. Must try: Duck, snails, and garlic prawn pasta! The soup was ok, but the creme brulee was very good! The chef welcomed us and bid everyone goodbye. She was friendly and humble, made us feel very homey. Will be back soon!

FRENCH FAST FOOD

They serve western, French cuisine. With the on going promotion, we had 2 kinds of soup, which was ok. The entree foie gras was served just about five minutes after the soup. Foie gras was pan seared with an orangey sauce, very tasty! Only thing we find the portion a bit small and the salad portion a bit overwhelming. But it was still yummy! The main courses, Confit De Carnard, Garlic Prawns with Spaghetti and fillet of chicken came right after we finished the entree dish. I tell you, the duck is a must try! The fragrance of the duck, and the crisp of the skin, marvellous! The garlic prawn was delightful, and the chicken breast was cooked nicely, not dry. Dessert was Creme Brûlée, which was also nice. The whole dinning session took us only about 40 minutes plus waiting time. We ate, and we were gone. No frills, no fuss, good food!! Recommended!! My only problem about the place is finding a parking lot. Good luck finding one! :p

VERY NICE FOOD!!!

Tucked away in one of the old shop houses along Upper Thomson Rd, we found this precious gem that serve French/Western cuisine. The setting is simple, but like the chef said, the selling point is their food. And they did not disappoint! We ordered the set meal and topped up to substitute soft drinks for wine. The onion soup was in a clear soup form, but it was very appetitizing, much better than many places that trY to thicken their soup with flour. We had the Escargot as the entree. It was very different from other places. 6 escargots were served in a French croissant with a sauce that work well together. Their signature dish, Confit De Carnard, was almost as good as the ones we had in Australia! It was fork tender and you can actually eat it on its own without the sauce as it was very well seasoned. (Better than the ones we had at Black Sheep Cafe, Absinthe, or Saveur!!) The steak was nothing to shout about, But the prawn spaghetti was very nice! I don't know how the chef did it, and sorry, I know it's just prawn spaghetti, aglio olio style, but she made many spaghetti places seem amateur. Lastly, the creme brûlée was nice. It was not too sweet with a very nice texture, except the sugar was a bit too burnt. And the house pour was fine for me. But wine tasting is subjective. So, I hope u guys find this review useful and help u make a decision onwhere to eat tonight. :)

Ducklicous, Delicious!

My family has been a huge fan of the Confit of Duck of the restaurant. Note: only the duck. But the recent visit changed our minds. We were so impressed by the new chef that I took the trouble to create this account to write a review.
We all wanted the duck, but the cashier convinced us to try something different. We ordered 2 promotion sets with entree of foie gras and salmon, 2 ducks, 1 garlic crystal prawn with spaghettI, and 1 salmon steak. As they have a open kitchen, I saw that it was a different person doing the cooking. But we were immediately impressed by the entrées. I remembered that the salmon was very very dry, and foie gras sauce too citric. But all's well this round. The Ducks were good as usual, even more tender as my wife said; the garlic prawns were delicious with the White wine sauce; salmon steak beautifully cooked, very nice texture.
Both sets were completed with 4 soups, 4 drinks and 2 desserts.
We walked out of the restaurant very satisfied.
A lot of times, standards drop at eating places because of change of cook. Well, not this place. This place will become one of our frequent dining place. U have new fans now, chef Alex!