Review for Riders Cafe

3.6

Steak and GrillsWestern
12 Nov 2013
Overall

A great place for brunch!

This is my fourth time here for brunch. The service is consistent, early breakfast (served till 11am) is yummy and the place is great for watching horses gallop etc. We usually order the black stone Benedict, cream corn polenta and lemon ricotta pancakes. They are always tasty and never fail to make my day! I tried their lunch spaghetti aglio and braised lamb before and it's not too bad. But I prefer their early breakfast menu. So I will always try to reach there before 11 am on weekdays :) try to make reservations as it can get really crowded esp on weekends. The service is great too as u can pre-order desserts to give your family a birthday surprise! :)
eggs benedict

More reviews of Riders Cafe

nicer ambiance, generic food

I enjoy coming here from brunch from time to time. it is always a rather relaxing time here and the ambiance here is great.

they probably do most of their business on the weekends and hence the high prices., but I guess tats to be expected paying upwards of 30 bucks for some pancakes and a latte.

overall great and I will be back
Overall

Try the Salted Caramel Brioche!

For pictures and full review, pls visit:

Concealed somewhere behind the lush greenery in Bukit Timah, Riders Cafe is thriving despite its inaccessibility. The cafe’s location is unique, situated among the facilities of a saddle club. In hopes of catching a glimpse of a pony, we requested for a table along the balcony, however after a few minutes the heat was too unbearable, so we moved.

I love cafes but due to space constraints; most cafes in Singapore are too cramped and uncomfortable. Rider’s Café is spacious, however, rather noisy, so after a while we gave up talking as it was too tiring to raise our voices all the time. As Riders Café is not air-conditioned, do dress light.

The aroma of the Chilli Lime Fried Squid ($13) with dill tartar hit our senses before it reached our table. However, its batter was not evenly coated, and wasn’t as crisps as we’d have liked. Not the best but not the worst fried squid I’ve tried but for $13, one would have expected better execution and a bigger portion.

Prepared with roasted sweet peppers, the Cheese and Forest Mushroom Omelette ($15) was moist and luscious, but taste-wise underwhelming and one-dimensional. I had hopes that the spuds could save the day but alas the potato hash was too dry.

Fried Chicken BLT ($17) fared much better. It’s constructed with well-marinated and perfectly fried chicken, savory bacon and purple slaw sandwiched between sesame buns, with kimchi mayonnaise to cut through the oiliness. The accompanying fries could have been better with a drizzle of truffle oil but they were nevertheless satisfying with a sweet chilli dip (you’ve to request for it). Super comfort food I must say.

This was what attracted me to Riders Café; was practically drooling at the monitor when I read the menu description. The Salted Caramel Brioche ($12) comes with crumbled honeycomb, butterscotch and vanilla ice cream. What a beautiful mess! It started off being superb. The toasted brioche soaked up a little ice cream and salted caramel sauce-the crumbly texture and combination of sweet and salty was irresistible! The homemade honeycomb was spot on- neither overly sweet nor hard. As we chowed along however, the dessert gets overwhelming saccharine as there was insufficient vanilla ice cream for balance.

Other dessert options (all made in-house) include Freshly Baked tea Scone ($9), Death by Chocolate Cake ($13) and Pound Cake Cinnamon Churros ($10).

Hits and misses with the food, but Riders Café’s one-of-a-kind ambiance and excellent service made up for it. As the venue is popular brunch spot during weekends, reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment.  Brunch is available on weekends from 8am to 9pm.

Good and Exclusive

Went there for breakfast this morning.
The main dishes are all very good, with appropriate size, and the staff are friendly. Though I think they could make better coffee.
The view is what I like most, it is so different from normal cafes. We can see horses and riders passing by, very interesting.
It gets more crowded and noisier from 10:30 onwards.
Overall

Away from the bustling city

Full review: http://www.jacqsowhat.com/2015/08/riders-cafe-bukit-timah-saddle-club.html

Riders Cafe is one of Singapore most popular brunch spot, that reservations have to be placed in advance. It is located beside the ranches and you will occasionally get to see some horses galloping past outside the window. It's like an great escape from the bustling city. Truffle fries were disappointing while Riders Burger $18 - 200g of Angus beef, smokey cheddar, branston pickle, house sauce and fries. An additional of $1 for each topping such as mushrooms, bacon or fried egg. The Angus beef were good, firm and tender in it's texture - full flavoured in one mouth-full.

Seared Tilapia with Rice Shaped Pasta $26 - This is one of their lunch special which also means it is not always available on the menu. Not taking the steep price into consideration, this is one of my favourite pick. The tilapia was nicely seared, crisp on the skin and succulent on the meat. The rice shaped pasta were unique and a delight to have. One of the most highly raved dessert at Riders Cafe, Death By Chocolate Cake $13. The warm chocolate cake is accompanied with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it. This is quantity > quality, if you fancy really rich and sweet chocolate, this is definitely for you.

BRUNCH WITH HORSES: 5 MUST-TRIES AT RIDERS CAFE

Get up-close to nature this weekend by making a reservation at Riders Cafe! This famous eating-house is not air-conditioned, but that does not stop locals and expatriates from dining in the heat. Here’s a guide to 5 mouthwatering must-tries at Riders Cafe.

Here's our top-5! Head over to our site for a review completed with description, prices and pictures: http://www.snappytrend.com/food/cafes/riders-cafe-review-singapore/

1. BRIOCHE FRENCH TOAST 2. PACIFIC BENEDICT 3. SMOKED SALMON & SWEET CORN HASH 4. PEANUT BUTTER JELLY SHAKE 5. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE

Read more (accompanied with tips) at http://www.snappytrend.com/food/cafes/riders-cafe-review-singapore/