Daily: 10:00 - 21:30
Rive Gauche is a confectionery that specializes in cakes and pastries. For any memorable occasions that you wanna celebrate, just call Rive Gauche for you customized cake and the celebration will be complete.
well lit and clean, i was served by polite and pleasant staff while taking my pick of my fave eclairs and the guanaja cake for a friend's birthday. not for the faint hearted, this chocolate cake house a bittersweet chocolate mouse, chocolate sponge, and a crunchy crispy chocolate biscuit bottom. simply divine!
After hearing so much good reviews from my friends and the forums, Scoopy decided to drop by the Suntec City branch yesterday afternoon. Guess what?!?! There was a rather long queue! Probably due to the lunch time? Anyway, Scoopy lined up and got 4 pieces of cakes.
1) Guanaja $6.00
2) Strawberry Shortcake $5.00
3) Mont Blanc $4.50
4) Oreo Cheesecake $3.80
Total Bill: $19.30
The cakes are packed in a rather simple and classy box (good as gifts). Dry ice was also given to maintain the temperature suitable for the cakes. Service was rather good too.
1) Guanaja : I like this the best among the 4 cakes. The crispy layer at the bottom gives the cake an extra crunch. The shiny chocolate layer is rather bitter on its own, however when eaten together with the sponge and the crispy biscuit, its super yummy! The taste did bring me and my friends scooping for more ^^ Guanaja does hold up being the Number 1 seller in the shop.
2) Strawberry Shortcake : Strawberry Shortcake seems to be the most popular as the trays are always emptied fast! However, I do not really like it. Firstly, the cakes are rather rough and crumpy. The cream is also not really fluffy as I expected. Strawberries are rather sour too. The only thing that I like is the presentation of the cake. This strawberry cake did not get my vote but my friend enjoyed it.
3) Mont Blanc : This is the first time I tried Mont Blanc. To be honest, I didn't like it. Too much cream and the brandy is too strong for my liking. It feels like more than 80% is the chestnut cream and heavy brandy. People who likes brandy may enjoy this. Presentation of this cake is rather interesting however, it fails to get the vote from both my friends and I.
4) Oreo Cheesecake: Nothing special in my opinion. We just got the cake as one of my friend loves oreo cheesecake. However, the oreo chessecake fan (my friend) enjoyed it.
Pricing rather reasonable. Worth a try. Will drop by again
my frequent outlet would be @ takashimaya basement but since i wanted to go carrefour @ suntec, i visited this outlet instead.
Wow, so many varities of cakes to choose frm. They have the new pistachio cherry n mocha which looks beautiful. The s/berry shortcake n guanaja is d best-seller. Since i have tried both of them before, i ask the person who served me to choose another one.
I got the napelon which is sort of like s/berry shortcake but it consists of crisp flaky pastry @ d top. I would be back....