Reviews for Robata Robata

AsianJapanese

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Good Buffet Place!

Went to try out Robata Robata with my group of colleagues, there were 6 of us and i got to say we were all really satisfied with our lunch!

I like it that this buffet restaurant have got a wide range of food, like Sashimi & Sushi, Salad, Deep fried, Cooked food & Desserts. Started my buffet lunch with a special drink i would say - Matcha Soy, and it's so good that i can't remember how many cups i had that day & some of the items which i would recommend are:
 Sashimi & Prawns - they are really fresh.
 New California Maki - try it! it comes in 4 different colours, looks pretty and yummy!
 Chicken Floss Maki - Robata Robata's Signature! I really like this combination, the fried chicken and the floss, both the taste & the texture.
 Abalone Porridge - the porridge is really sweet, and i remember helping myself with a second serving.
 Tempura - when i was taking tempura prawn, one of the staff approached me and mentioned it goes well with the tempura sauce, so i went ahead to get some and try it with my tempura, the warm tempura sauce goes really well with it!
 Chicken wings & Fried squid - Chicken wings are juicy and it's sweet, as for the squid, the texture is not rubbery, it's easy to chew.
 Desserts - Wanted to take a few mini cakes to satisfy my sweet tooth but, what caught my attention at the Desserts section was the unique Waterfall Cascade Chocolate Fountain, (please take a look when you are there!) it's so pretty! and of course i had to try it myself, took marshmallows (small in size which is easy to eat) and fruits (juicy and sweet especially the watermelon and honeydew) to go with the chocolate sauce.

Will definitely say Robata Robata is anyone were to ask me for Buffet recommendations!
 What's even better that they are now having a 3 + 1 promotion on HGW.
 Can't wait to be back with my friends to try out their Dinner buffet because Dinner includes both Hotpot & Grilled items!
• 24 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

buffet lunch at Robata

Overall
Totally disapppointing buffet lunch. Nothing really special. Will not recommend buffet lunch. Not worth it.comparing to all other buffet lunch, I really cannot spots the different. review on internet about how great is the buffet was not true.
• 19 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Misleading advertisement

Overall
I went with 3 friends to Robata just this afternoon. I was made to pay up for 4 persons,reason being, this 1 dines free deal is only applicable if I buy their vouchers there and then for the Next time we dine there. The staff who served us at the entrance (he looked like the Manager) was adamant he mentioned about the purchase of vouchers and the condition of use i.e. Only to be used the next time we dine there. I was displeased but still, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I paid for 4.
 Now that I read this, i think I was right about him. This is very misleading advertising. There is nowhere under the T & C that mentions vouchers and the use of them the FOLLOWING time patrons dine there.
The management of Robata Robata responded to this review:
22 May 2015
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We noted that there is a misunderstanding on the promotions which are mentioned in your review.

We will like to clarify that the 'Buy 3 Get 1 Free' voucher promotion is an in-house voucher promotion which our guests can purchase for their next dine-in visit and these promotional vouchers are not valid for use on the same day of purchase. We noted from our restaurant manager that he had also clarified the terms of use of our voucher promotion with you on the day of your visit to our restaurant on 19 May.

As for the '3 Pays and 1 Dine Free' promotion on HungryGoWhere, kindly be advised that this offer is exclusive to HungryGoWhere guests only. However, we noted that you did not make your reservation on HungryGoWhere for your visit to our restaurant on 19 May and hence, regret that this exclusive offer was not extended to your group on that day.

We apologise for the confusion and hope that the above clarifies your misunderstanding.
• 13 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Good variety but slow replenishment

Overall
The variety was good but was disappointed that the good dishes like crab and oysters were slow in replenishing. A few others were also waiting but the server just ignored all of us. Scallop was also not available on that day. The long table comes with long benches (for 3 people) and we have to keep moving out of our seat to let the middle person come out. The bench makes it difficult to find the right position to sit. One may want to sit further away from the table and another may want to sit nearer. Individual chairs would have solved the problem.