Robata Robata has closed.

Summary

Chocolate Fondue, Sashimi, Live Oyster, Prawn Mentaiyaki, Sake Kabuto, Tempura, Abalone Lobster Porridge, Tebasaki, onion rings, BBQ corn, Beef, Chawamushi, Green Tea Soya Milk, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Ice-cream, Rendang, Salad and Pizza, Teppanyaki, Waffles, matcha soya, scallop mentaiyaki View all
Buffet, Children/Family, After Work, Birthdays, Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner, BBQ, Chillout, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Anniversary, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Corporate Events View all

Good option, Good deal

I was there last Sunday with my family of 28 persons. Most of us like the place; variety may not be as much as other places, but quality food was served. With the promotion of 1 person free for every 4 persons, we saved more than $200 dollars. Service was good but it would help if they have sufficient manpower. I will definitely go there again.

We also like the furnishing and design of the restaurant.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Robata Robata

Limited variety

Came here with a group of 6 friends. Food choice was limited. Went there at 7pm yet all the dishes were empty already. Took very long to refill.

Sushi tray was empty for the entire duration that we were there for. The scallops were not fresh at all. Servings were miniature size, have to refill multiple times.

Even with the good service, definitely will think twice before coming again. 40++ per pax could easily be spent on better food.

Horrible Horrible Experience

For a buffet @40++ per pax, you would expect food to be served. Nopey! Not at Robata Westgate. We were there at 7pm and most of the buffet tray were empty. I am not kidding you. No salmon. No sushi. No prawn. No desserts. Pathetic serving, everything was snapped up in a blink of an eye. And it wast even full House! So many people walking around with nothing much to put on their plates. It's so sad! What kind of buffet is this? I was so shocked.

Oyster (if you even manage to get some) is unbelievably small. They are PUNY (my friend got me one, left it on my plate and I thought it was an empty shell). Salmon is not fresh at all (super turnoff). "Sushi" was overloaded with sauce, I have no idea w** I was eating. I wanted some desserts but there was NOTHING at the dessert station cept some crumbs. I had to walk to the manager and ask if he can get his staff to top up some desserts??? What kind of c*** service is this?! As much as I sympathize with the overworked poor aunties and uncles.. This is truly the WORST buffet ever.

I wish I have taken photos. They reallyyyy deserve a review with image.

If you are short handed, then dont take in so many diners! They kept accepting new diners and have no time to replenish the food/ clear the table. Seriously, whats the point? Ohhhh, they want to make money. Why of course! Stupid me. d*** disguested the way business is run at this restaurant.

I will never be back. And you who are reading this review, I pray that you will not make the same mistake as I do. Save your $$ and go to the basement foodcourt. The food there tastes way better.

Environment

Food is about average. I don't find the fish prepared in a proper way by your chef. Air conditioned blasting to it maximum speed make the environment too cold and uncomfortable to dine. Service wise is good. Need some improvement in certain area. Thank you.

More than Just a Japanese Buffer Restaurant

A very special buffet you can try in the western region.

At raw oyster section, you will find a standing board informs the customers at all times that the next batch of oysters are being prepared. You will feel excited as you hardly know when the next batch will be served to you. When it does, all the oysters vanish in 30 seconds. Thanks God each person will get two pieces. If you are lucky enough, a slightly bigger oyster will be put on your plate.

For Chawanmushi lovers, you will find the top wooden steam tray is always empty at first glance. Please do not step away, there are more chawanmushi at the bottom tray!! Unlike many other restaurants, the top empty tray is not meant to be removed but preserve steam heat. After removing the top HEAVY tray by yourself, you are able to enjoy the hot chawanmushi.

At ready-to-eat food section, you will find most of the serve ware are empty. To get the good successfully, you have to apply ninja covert skills. Master ninja level put you in great advantage. Enjoy variety of robatayaki food in minuature size, one of the prominent Japanese food arts you can eat. Adorable lamb steak, mini salmon fillet, etc. The yaki food are so fine that next orders are always irresistible.

どうぞお召し上がりください