Back to Robata#03-10/11, Westgate, 3 Gateway Drive

BBQ4 votes

DestinaL
 • 09 Sep 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Visited with my mother-in-law for dinner on a weekday night and the restaurant was pretty crowded, almost full. It was a random decision to dine there so that we can eat our fill and have a nice chatting session in the beautifully decorated restaurant.

It's the first time my mother-in-law had Japanese buffet and I must said that she really did enjoy herself with all the selections. We started the buffet with a bowl of nice warm lobster abalone congee before we went on with the sashimi and oysters selection. The seafood were fresh and nicely plated neatly on the ice bed. In fact, we were very much attracted by the pretty tank displaying all the fresh seafood. We started our dinner with all the sashimi, grills, teppanyaki and yakimono.

Being my second visit to the buffet restaurant, I realise that they have changed quite a bit in terms of selections. There's hotpot, more salads, more desserts and even the beverage selections are different.

As I was busy bringing food to the table, a young waiter approached my mother - in - law and asked if she like to drink hot matcha soya and she said okay. In the end, she drank 3 cups and keep telling me she love me. I tried and indeed it's nice and unique.

We both enjoyed the dinner, food was good, especially their signature grills.. I forgot how many scallop mentaiyaki I had, the seafood was fresh, the cooked items are nicely done and we enjoyed the hotpot and dessert selections after our meal. Will definitely come back again for their seasonal items.. enjoyed the penang hawker fare.. especially the "tze char" spicy clams.

Needless to say, my dinner ended with a cup of matcha soya as well.

It was a great decision to bring my mother-in-law and thank you for the great service.

Must tries: scallop mentaiyaki, matcha soya, onion rings

After Work, Anniversary, BBQ, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Buffet, Children/Family, Corporate Events, Dinner, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Relaxed, Vibrant/Noisy

Jared Gan
 • 02 Aug 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Came for lunch buffet at 1.45 pm. Majority of the food variety are gone by the time we step in. Although the buffet hours are stated between 11 to 3 pm, there was no more refilling and yet we are paying full amount. Totally not worth it. Rather go somewhere else.

MelzoYUM
 • 13 Jul 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This is my second time visiting ROBATA ROBATA. Came across the National Day promotion (value price) and spoke to the friendly manager who was sharing with us on the new items and changes in the buffet restaurant. Thus, my girlfriend and I decided to dine in again.

We were glad that we made the right choice. There were indeed more selections and even the presentation looked different. The simple salad bar provides more options and the food looked really yummy in the way they presented it. There were also more selections at the dessert counter such as mango glutinous rice, one of my favorite. Sashimi was fresh as usual and food were being topped up quite frequently.

Other than that, they were serving Hainanese Chicken Rice at the Seasonal counter and it was surprisingly good with simple side dishes. Though simple, but it was really well done and taste great. Tender chicken, fragrant chicken rice ball, coupled with the spicy chilli sauce and quality soy sauce.

We had a great lunch and really look forward to our next meal in ROBATA ROBATA.