Reviews for Robata

AsianJapanese
DestinaL

Definitely an enjoyment

Visited with my mother-in-law for dinner on a weekday night and the restaurant was pretty crowded, almost full. It was a random decision to dine there so that we can eat our fill and have a nice chatting session in the beautifully decorated restaurant.

It's the first time my mother-in-law had Japanese buffet and I must said that she really did enjoy herself with all the selections. We started the buffet with a bowl of nice warm lobster abalone congee before we went on with the sashimi and oysters selection. The seafood were fresh and nicely plated neatly on the ice bed. In fact, we were very much attracted by the pretty tank displaying all the fresh seafood. We started our dinner with all the sashimi, grills, teppanyaki and yakimono.

Being my second visit to the buffet restaurant, I realise that they have changed quite a bit in terms of selections. There's hotpot, more salads, more desserts and even the beverage selections are different.

As I was busy bringing food to the table, a young waiter approached my mother - in - law and asked if she like to drink hot matcha soya and she said okay. In the end, she drank 3 cups and keep telling me she love me. I tried and indeed it's nice and unique.

We both enjoyed the dinner, food was good, especially their signature grills.. I forgot how many scallop mentaiyaki I had, the seafood was fresh, the cooked items are nicely done and we enjoyed the hotpot and dessert selections after our meal. Will definitely come back again for their seasonal items.. enjoyed the penang hawker fare.. especially the "tze char" spicy clams.

Needless to say, my dinner ended with a cup of matcha soya as well.

It was a great decision to bring my mother-in-law and thank you for the great service.
23 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Wait. Am I at the wrong place?

It was a Friday evening, a night to wind down and have a good meal. Apparently I somehow incurred the wrath of god by swearing at the aunty who blocked my way and I ended up at this place, Robata. Oysters were apparently producing pearls in the kitchen and took a freaking long time to arrive. The seafood. Yeah. More like sick food. Cold and unappealing like a bxxch who got her favorite cat murdered, it seriously looked and smelled like guts straight out of Moby d***. The main courses had a huge variety of choices and frankly, if a fly flew in here, it would have been delighted with the choices it had to feast on. Where should I start off, buzz buzz, I found some food which is probably related to my offspring. Soggy, sticky and maybe a bit foul smelling, the creme la creme is some french sounding beef whereby the only similarity is it looks and tastes like a french who doesn't take a bath. It is dry, crumbles upon impact and if my grandma somehow got dementia, she would have done a better job. The only saving grace is the ice cream. I can confirm it is ice cream. Good bye my 100 bucks.
16 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

My one and only review

It's a waste of money not worth it at all I have never wrote a review in my life and this is so bad that I cannot not warn everyone just don't go in at all it's not worth a cent of your hard earn money
09 Sep 2014 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

Definitely an enjoyment

Needless to say, my dinner ended with a cup of matcha soya as well.