Back to Rokeby15-9 Jalan Riang

Coffee and brunch3 votes
Relaxed6 votes
Breakfast3 votes
High Tea3 votes

1 For 1 for all bottled beers and all wines by the glass Happy Hour promotions. . Other deals are available, find out more

ArcticStar
 • Wednesday at 9:48pm 272 reviews 1 follower
Overall
It was time for lunch with *Sidney again, and we discovered this neat Australian bistro cafe named Rokeby by chance.  So we succumbed to the warm hospitality and serene ambience of this laid-back cafe set in an austerely pretty area near Serangoon. The dim and polished interior made it perfect as a cafe by daya and bar by night. Everything looked good on the menu so we didn't know what to order for a while.

I started with a Soy Mocha (SGD$6.70) - the coffee was nutty, with hints of creaminess. The soy milk in this case didn't rise above the flavor of the chocolately coffee to bring out a fragrance of its own, like the soy mocha I had at some other cafes. It tasted more like a good cup of strong-flavored Mocha with a slight dash of milk - the bear art on my beverage was very adorable though.

For mains, I ordered the Braised Ox Cheek Stew (SGD$20.90), being in the mood for beef cheeks, just nice. The beef cheek was stewed to a soft tenderness, retaining its bouncy texture against the rich juicy broth it was cast in. As it quivered in my mouth, I savoured the delicacy with satisfaction, and even pouring spoonfuls of the sauce over my otherwise-bland mashed potato.

*Sidney happened to choose another item that I was debating between - the Rokeby Chilli Mussels (SGD19.90) - it was awesome that they had different levels of spiciness for us to choose from, so we chose the mild (being a weekday and we had to continue working, so couldn't risk stomach upsets). The musels were pliable in its chewyness, the natural sweetness of mussels succint amongst the spicy coat of the broth. It was definitely a good choice - with or without the crispy toast slices it was served with.

For full review and more photographs, please feel free to visit:

Must tries: Coffee, Rokeby chilli mussles, Beef Cheek Stew

• Interior

Brett and Sarah
 • 14 Sep 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Really great brunch place. new twist on the eggs benny served on a big country style slice of thick toast. the waffles were awesome too. the coffee was a little bitter for me in macchiatto form but as a latte it was brilliant. it's a bit crowded on a Sunday lunchtime but the attentive staff really worked the floor well...highly recommended.
Parking the Harley right out front for free... icing on the cake. will be back for sure. aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi!

Must tries: Coffee, Waffles

• Eggs Benny in aussie country style
  • latte was great
  • Eggs Benny in aussie country style
  • latte was great

colourfulapple
 • 12 Aug 2014 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I only come here for the truffle fries. I find that it have just the right amount of truffle. The brunch and dinner menu is pretty limited. We came here for brunch before and ordered the Full Monty Breakfast & Waffles, Sausage & Bacon. I'll have to say that those dishes were average, nothing memorable.

When we went there for dinner, we ordered the spaghetti carbonara and fish & chip. The carbonara was good at first till you ate about half. Then you will find it too rich. The fish & chip was not fresh.

They used to have a strawberry shortcake on their dessert selection which was WONDERFUL! But the last time I went there, they longer have it, which is so sad. Please bring the strawberry shortcake back!

Must tries: Truffle Shoestring Fries