Review for Rokeby

Australian
Goh Yue LIn • 30 Apr 2014 • 6 Reviews • 0 Follower

Pretty decent chill out place

I visited Rokeby Cafe with my friend on a Tuesday night after hearing some reviews about it.

We drove to Jalan Riang and parking was available. However do note that the area is in the private residencial area so parking may be a hassle on some days.

The table settings was already prepared and the atmosphere was warm and cosy. There is free flow of water but it is self-service. The waitress was friendly too. No complaints on that from me.

We ordered the Truffle Shoestring fries, the Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad, The Thunder Thigh Burger, Rokeby Chilli Mussles and an apple pie to top it off.

To be honest, the Smoked Salmon Caesar salad and the thunder thigh burger tasted mediocre and there isn't much to rave about. The truffle fries was a disappointment, they were soft and soggy. I'd prefer my fries to be crispy and with a bite. Moving on, the redeemer of the night was my Rokeby Chilli Mussles. Served in a pot with a side of wholemeal bread for dipping, the entire dish was finger-licking good. Do expect it to become messy. The sauce was indeed spicy and I could see chunks of tomatos and onions swmming inside. Dip the toasted bread into the sauce and it was a good combination of crispy and soggyness. I thoroughly enjoyed my dish and was disappointed when I came to the bottom of my bowl.

Lastly we had the apple pie with salted caramel. The pie crust had a nice bite and I could taste the apple chucks in cinnamon. It was a decent pairing with the salt caramel and both of us were scrapping off the plate at the end of it.

I would return to try their much talked about steak and their chilli mussles.

Fingers crossed!