Summary

Scrambled eggs with toast, French Toast, Dirty Ronin, Ice Wicked, Hot Wicked, Matcha Latte, Matcha Toning, Salted caramel brownie, Wicked, French toast, matcha toning, n.a. View all
Brunch, Breakfast, Chillout, Ala Carte, After Work, Hidden Find, Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Decent brunch spot

full review: http://www.jacqsowhat.com/2016/02/ronin-cafe-17-hongkong-st-singapore.html

The menu on the wall is pretty straightforward, simple brunch food ranging from sandwiches to toast. Scrambled Eggs on Toast $9 and we add on sausage $4.50. The scrambled eggs were fluffy and creamy, better than the usual cafe's eggs. To think about it, two sliced of toast and scrambled eggs for $9? That's pricey. Read good reviews online about this highly raved Brioche French Toast $14.50. It is served with braised apple, bacon, hazelnut butter and syrup. The french toast was soft and moist, leans towards the less dense texture. It was good but nothing out of the world.

Ronin is a good space for coffee, just avoid weekends as it can get dreadfully crowded.

Most helpful reviews for Ronin

bad review

the service is literally bad. i came in to the cafe & its full house i waited with anoth 8-9 pax the attitude sucks. in the end my group of people was being rushed out of the cafe after we are done with the food. no chit chatting allowed. why nobody rush other customers when we are waiting?

One of my favourite hang outs

For the full post and pictures visit toseetofeeltoeat

Matchatone. Steamed milk with thick matcha syrup. Not too fond of this as I was too lazy to scrap the sides of the cup for the matcha syrup. I kind of prefer the types of matcha drink where the matcha is already evenly blended or mixed into the steamed milk. Ok I sound incredibly lazy oops.

A cup of flat white with my friends from office! I love the coffee at Ronin, aromatic, fragrant and low in acidity. Coffee which is acidic is bad for my stomach (I get the runs) so I am always excited to find good coffee which is low in acidity. Ronin fits the bill!

The Dirty Ronin Sandwich was yummy with crispy bread, salty chorizo, runny eggs and cheese. Everything melted together super well and burst with flavours when you bit into it. Perfect sandwich for a light lunch.

Attitude

I go to this place 3x/week or so.  Today I had $4.15 in exact change for a $4.20 cup of coffee.  I asked the cashier if it was ok that I give her the $4.15 since I only had a $10/bill otherwise.  She asks the manager lady whose response is total shock and says "why would I do that"  to which I said "coz i'm here several times a week"  she says "why should the 5 cents come out of my wallet??"

So now I'll get my next 10 cups of coffee somewhere else. That's $42 in lost sales b/c of c*** customer service.  Did she have an obligation to comp me the 5 cents, no.   Was it the right business decision? Guess not.

Btw they have no problem putting out a tip jar to solicit tips from customers.  Who the f tips in SG anyway?

Bloggers who have eaten here

These guys make a tortoise look quick

The scrambled eggs are amazing. But unfortunately, it only goes down hill from there on...

The service is utterly shambolic; so much so, they don't know what you have ordered when you come to pay. You get a free coffee as a result of them not actually knowing. How this place makes money I do not know. 5 staff members to serve less than 30 customers.

Would you like to have your meal in 3 different stages? It takes 45mins to deliver 4 simple items (their menu is small).

Remember to bring your own condiments such as sauce as these are not provided.

The seating is uncomfortable but there is a nice ambiance. Avoid if you are in a rush or a group larger than 2 persons but if you like good scrambled eggs and can wait for 45mins, this is the place to go!