Reviews for Ronin

3.6

Western
Address: 17 Hong Kong Street, 059660

Ingenious little hangout and coffee is Super

The name of this place, isn't the only thing cool about this place.
Its a very clever little place for coffee, food and a good conversation.

Food/Drink: Coffee was excellent. The special that day was a mint mocha. We were only there for arvo coffee and brownie.
Value: Well priced
Ambience: dark industrial interiors, mysterious yet an absolute good hangout with friends for a good chatter.
Service: Staff were polite and on the ball
• 26 Aug 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Attitude

Overall
I go to this place 3x/week or so.  Today I had $4.15 in exact change for a $4.20 cup of coffee.  I asked the cashier if it was ok that I give her the $4.15 since I only had a $10/bill otherwise.  She asks the manager lady whose response is total shock and says "why would I do that"  to which I said "coz i'm here several times a week"  she says "why should the 5 cents come out of my wallet??"

So now I'll get my next 10 cups of coffee somewhere else. That's $42 in lost sales b/c of c*** customer service.  Did she have an obligation to comp me the 5 cents, no.   Was it the right business decision? Guess not.

Btw they have no problem putting out a tip jar to solicit tips from customers.  Who the f tips in SG anyway?
• 02 Aug 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

These guys make a tortoise look quick

Overall
The scrambled eggs are amazing. But unfortunately, it only goes down hill from there on...

The service is utterly shambolic; so much so, they don't know what you have ordered when you come to pay. You get a free coffee as a result of them not actually knowing. How this place makes money I do not know. 5 staff members to serve less than 30 customers.

Would you like to have your meal in 3 different stages? It takes 45mins to deliver 4 simple items (their menu is small).

Remember to bring your own condiments such as sauce as these are not provided.

The seating is uncomfortable but there is a nice ambiance. Avoid if you are in a rush or a group larger than 2 persons but if you like good scrambled eggs and can wait for 45mins, this is the place to go!
• 13 Jun 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Ingenious little hangout and coffee is Super

Overall
The name of this place, isn't the only thing cool about this place.
Its a very clever little place for coffee, food and a good conversation.

Value: Well priced