Back to Ronin17 Hong Kong Street

Breakfast3 votes

Foodma
 • 21 Nov 2014 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The place is a little hard to locate because there isn't a sign board. But the decor is pretty cool.

Food is nice. I had a dirty ronin, iced latte and matcha latte- definitely artisan. Seats are a little uncomfy. Staff are uber nice. But the carpark is a turn-off though.

Otherwise, I had a pretty good time there.
  • After my coffee, I had the matcha tea.
  • Try the Dirty Ronin- it's good.
  • After my coffee, I had the matcha tea.
  • Try the Dirty Ronin- it's good.

Mellorello
 • 09 Nov 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
This was our 3rd F&B stop of what turned out to be 5 outlets of the day. It started off well with the 2 of us being seated in the corner of a communal table. The waitress was great even having a short conversation with us. One waiter was the complete opposite. My partner and I were starting to get into a great personal conversation when the waiter abruptly interuppted and asked if he could move us so we could seat opposite each other on the communal table to make way for others. I declined that arrangement as that would not allow us to continue such a conversation at all but obliged to move anyway, giving up the corner to sit beside my partner so we could continue said conversation. At no point were we taking up any more seats or space then we should.

After a while, the same waiter rudely interuppted again and asked if we were "waiting on any other orders?", indicating that there were other customers who wanted our seats. At this point, I stood up and decided to leave. I'll be happy to pay for another cup of coffee but do not appreciate being so rudely interuppted or moved around. Maybe we were easy targets because we were near the door but I paid for my coffee too. I shouldn't be made to feel unwelcome just because you have a revolving door of customers. Experience ruined and out of the 5 F&B places we were at today, Ronin was the worst. If you are looking for a place for good coffee and conversation, avoid this place.

veranda river
 • 04 Oct 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went there for breakfast this morning. Had scrambled eggs on toast ($9) topped with pork sausage ($4.50) and portobello mushroom ($3.50) while hub took the sandwich with cheese and avocado and stuff ($11). The scrambled eggs was good, smooth and done to the right texture. The rest are satisfactory except for the cappuccino and expresso which were not hot enough. The beverages came first, and by the time the food was here, the drinks were cold. I will have no complaints if the drinks were hot enough.

Must tries: Scrambled eggs with toast

Breakfast
  • The only let down in the whole experience..