Summary

dim sum, har gao, custard bun, Barbeque pork puff, lobster noodle, Char Siew Bao, cheong fun, crispy aromatic duck, egg tarts, Peking Duck, Steamed Bun with Fresh Mango and Salted Egg Yolk, Steamed Scallop Dumpling, Crispy Taro Roll with Scallo, Deep Fried Beancurd Roll, Set Lunch, Steamed Chicken Claws in Spicy Sauce, XO fried carrot cake, bamboo clams, chilled pureed pumpkin with coconut ice cream, scallop dumplings, siew mai, Char Siew Shu, Crispy duck roll, Double-boiled Quail Soup, Long Har Mee, Mango Pudding, Prawn with scallop and egg white, Scallops cheong fun, String Bean Crystal Dumpling in Chilli Oil, char siew, cheung fun with prawns and chives, chrysanthemum jelly, crabmeat ee-fu noodles, crispy seafood noodles, deep-fried Soon Hock, orh nee, peking duck with caviar, prawn vermicelli, red bean pancake, soft shell crab, soups, steamed pork rib, yang zhi gan lu View all
Lunch, Children/Family, Quiet, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Brunch, Fine Dining, Private Dining, High Tea, After Work, Ala Carte, Breakfast, Corporate Events, Vibrant/Noisy, Chillout, People Watching, Business Breakfast, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Romance/First Dates View all

Really Good Dim Sum!

the quality of the dim sum, the freshness of ingredients and the ambience really impressed me. service crew also very friendly, efficient and will take the initiative to check with the kitchen when they notice that something is taking longer than usual to serve. really top notch restaurant that's still relatively friendly to the wallet (compared to Imperial /Mouth/Tim)

Most helpful reviews for Royal China at Raffles

Horrendous service

I'm sitting here in this restaurant, the food is not here yet and I'm hopping mad and quite ready to walk out. The service is terrible. The staff has got no eye contact and ignores customers. When we requested for more chilli sauce, and other condiments, the staff staff walked away without a word halfway not any acknowledgement while my mother was speaking. He came back with the chilli. The mustard wasn't there. We asked the same waiter for the other condiments and he had the gall to say - 你可以一次过说完吗? couldn't you have told me altogether? THAT WAS UNACCEPTABLE. . I will never come back here again and now that the food has arrived, we are all too angry. The food is ok, but there are a lot more establishments with better service and food. No way Roya China is going ever going to earn a single cent from me. I've seen hawkers with better service. me

One of best Cantonese, too bad about the culture of contempt for customers

Unusual dishes (crispy sea perch, charcoal rice with Kurobota pork), some requiring advance orders (Buddha Jump Over Great Wall, seafood consommé served in pumpkin). But the receptionists are quite snooty, and many of the serving staff are rude and brusque. Unbecoming for a restaurant of this caliber. At the high-end Imperial Treasures, ALL of them are ALWAYS nice.

Good food but service can be improved

Food: dishes were nice with v fresh ingredients. However, fish and compoy congee was a tad salty with only a few slices of fish. The scallop with yam is yummy but quite oily. Waiting time was acceptable too prob cos its weekday lunch. Service: Staff displayed impatience when taking orders. When we tried to get the attention of the staff to refill water for the tea, they merely glanced at us without acknowledging us. There was no attempt to try to get their colleague to help with our request even if they were preoccupied. On the whole, may return for the food but with the service, not anytime soon.

Bad service from GM of restaurant

I went to Royal China last Saturday for a dim sum lunch bringing two overseas guests. I have never had such a rude experience especially coming from a General Manager of a reputable restaurant like Royal China.

Upon entering the restaurant we were greeted without a smile and upon payment, he made very rude remarks to me and my husband in front of our overseas guests in a loud tone. It is so rude that it is not worth mentioning publicly.

Having held our wedding dinner at this restaurant, we always enjoyed coming back to this place. But the recent experience with the GM has disappointed us tremendously. It is time to find a new place for dim sum lunch. Nothing spoils your day more than rude service staff.

Bad service

Went for lunch and received very bad service from the staff. It was very obvious that all the staff were trying to push the job to one another, we didn't get served promptly. We expected better service