Daily: 08:00 - 18:00
Located at Kandahar Street, Rumah Makan Minang serves Malay food and Nasi Padang.
I have tried alot of malay food as i grow up eating these food. This place have nice malay food.
The only set back is the place is cramp , but the food is good and reasonable price. Only hope it open on sunday.
Went to the shop today after watching the stall being highlighted in Food empire on Saturday. Ordered Tahu Telor, two small pieces of fishes, 1 veg, 2 small pieces of beef rendang and 2 lime juices...all came out to $28.50. Rather expensive. Taste so..so..but the beef rendang was good. Unfortunately, I had diarrhea more than 5 times in the evening. I suspect it was the blachang chili I ate as my son shared the same dishes but he did not take the chilli and nothing wrong with him. Very disappointed.
I had a craving for nasi padang and my friend brought me here, after I told him about it.
Its located at a corner shophouse, next to Sultan Mosque and faces the old Istana at Kampung Glam.
They serve Indonesian style Nasi Padang.
I left the ordering to my friend. Here are the highlights of my meal:
- Rendang: This was the highlight of the meal. The beef was reddish in color, unlike the usual dark brown color of the rending I’ve had before. It tasted really great with plain rice.
- Sambal Goreng: I learnt that different stalls and chefs have got different recipes for this dish and different ingredients are used to make the dish. This one had bean curd, long beans and tempeh. It was spicy!
- Ayam Lemak: Chicken pieces cooked in coconut gravy. I kept scooping the orangey gravy over my rice, as it’s really tasty. Its good!
- Bergedil: Mash potato patty rolled into balls, coated with flour and deep fried. Its not bad.
- Brinjal with sambal: Chunks of brinjal deep fried and laden with sambal chilli. Yum!
We had the above with plain rice.
We spent $22.