Summary

Little Fuji, Chocolate choco-cro, Miyako, St Marc Hot Chocolate, croissant, mochi red bean choco cro, yogurt View all
After Work, Children/Family, Chillout, People Watching View all

Anything, except for Chococro

For the complete Chubby Botak Koala dining experience, click here:

Following our meal at The Chop House, we are looking for something to satisfy our sweet tooth. Quick check on desserts location around Vivocity, suggested St. Marc Cafe to be on the top of the list.

Apparently St. Marc Cafe originated from Japan with more than 300 outlets in Japan. This Japanese with French influence café promise to 'provide good quality service, vibrant atmosphere, freshly brewed coffee and other varieties of drinks, and freshly-baked breads for a reasonable price.' Their most popular product is Chococro.

Chococro is made from the best blend of Ghana and Ecuador Chocolate beans, wrapped with crispy rich buttery flavour Croissant dough. Unfortunately, Chococro - $2.40 (& White Chococro - $2.60) do not send my tongue wagging. The dough is not flaky, but it seems to be a little stale, the chocolate is just average, although it has good balance and not overly sweet. Maybe it was near closing time when we get there, or you can blame it on the recent rise of artisan bakery in Singapore, that expose us to better croissant base products compare to St Marc. (Chococros rating 6/10)

The coffee are produced from a fully automated machine. The latte ($4.50) is average, diluted with very airy frothed milk. The latte that I tasted in 7-11 in Taiwan is better than this (rating 6/10). St Marc hot chocolate ($6) fare better than their latte, it has a nice blend and a good balance of sweetness and creaminess. (rating 7/10).

However, what is worth your stomach space here. Little Fuji ($6.30). This combination of soft serve vanilla ice cream with brown butter Danish is just excellent. The Danish is very soft and flaky, while the soft serve ice cream has a perfect sweetness, texture and flavour. Beautiful. (Rating 8.5/10)

For something with green tea flavour and chewy, Miyako ($8.20) is a good option. Green Tea Ice cream, with Soft serve vanilla ice cream, mochi and a dollop of red bean. It is refreshing and it has most of the traditional Japanese desserts ingredients and most of the texture are well represented here. Yum Yum! (Rating 8/10)

The other positive factor about St Marc is their vibrant atmosphere. From far away, the cafe seems to invite you to come in and spend some time in the cafe. As promise, St Marc does provide a friendly and good service to a certain extend, most of the stuff is basically self service.

Overall, St Marc Cafe really deliver on its promise of good service and vibrant atmosphere. Their Chococro is not to my liking, however there are plenty of other breads and desserts that are worth coming back for. So if you are at Vivocity or Marina Square, give this place a try. Cheers!!

Most helpful reviews for Saint Marc Cafe (VivoCity)

I thought it would be a pleasant experience, but...

Well, as you all would have guessed what I would say next, the experience was an utter nightmare. I am referring to the new outlet at east coast park. First of all, when we started looking at the menu, there were not much choices to choose from. After we ordered our food, things got worse. Just a simple liter of plain water took about 1/2 hour to arrive! They charged it at $1 per liter. And, it took another 1/2 hour for most of our food to arrive, which tasted just AVERAGE. We were not expecting that at all! After we ate, we noticed that one of my family member's dish had not arrived yet! We were shocked and we told one of the staff to check if the Chef was preparing our order. To our horror, the chefs have forgotten my family member's order, which was carbonara, due to "some problems in the kitchen" (I got a feeling this reason was just an excuse). My family member became frustrated and he cancelled the order, asking for the bill immediately without eating his lunch at all! This has been a frustrating and upsetting experience for us as a family and I feel that good food should come with good service, and these two criteria were far from reach In this cafe we went. It turned out to be more bullshitting than we thought it would be. Nothing had been worth it in this cafe. I strong suggest that none of you should go to the St Marc cafe in East Coast Park. According to the other reviews, it looks like the vivocity brunch is much better :)

Nice Dessert

Saint Marc Cafe; located at Vivo City. This cafe is quite known in Tokyo and they sell really good croissant! Everyone should know that this place is famous specially for their choco cro which is the short form for chocolate croissant! I was actually first attracted to this place by it beautiful window display, the dessert looks so good there! I highly recommend you guys to try their milk matcha dessert! Other than that, I think their green tea matcha is also not bad!

Delicious Food, Nice Ambience

Delicious treat of icecream parfait with mixture of red beans and chewy stuffs around it. Enjoyed this hearty dessert aft walking around vivo. If you are finding a place to relax and chill, do visit here.

Disastrously bad coffee

Of the remaining coffee places in VivoCity this one probably has the most space to sit. But the coffee is coming from a machine rather than being made fresh by a barista, and it is a complete disaster. I do not understand how the management here dares to ask 5.50 dollar for a medium sized cappucino that's nothing better than instant coffee.

Bakery & Bar - St Marc

We've seen St. Marc cafes before in the malls (they have outlets at Vivocity, Marina Square and Raffles City), but never tried them somehow. We were pleasantly surprised when we eventually tried their branch at ECP, which is a Bakery & Bar. St. Marc originated from Tokyo, and serves Japanese fusion desserts, breads/pastries, and drinks. The outlet at ECP also offers reasonably priced meals/ mains.

The place is typically packed during weekends, though it is a pleasant place to hangout with friends, read a book over coffee or do some work near to the seaside. Our favourite so far are their Japanese desserts, which have not disappointed us so far.

For more information and photos, refer to our blog at https://angiekayexplorer.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/review-of-st-marc-bakery-bar-east-coast-park-singapore/