Summary

Extremely disappointing lunch buffet

Visited this restaurant today for their teatime buffet. Was first disappointed with the quality of their food as many of the dishes were too salty. The majority of their sushi were at best supermarket standard if not worse and ingredients used didn't seem fresh to me. Upon complaining to their manager regarding the saltiness of the dishes, she shockingly retorted that I was the first customer of the day to say so. Unacceptable behaviour from any F&B manager to talk back to the customer. She also added that the dishes were only buttered so clearly she doesn't understand that butter is also salty?! The orange lighting used also made it very hot.

All in all poor dining experience , definitely will not return much less recommend this to anyone.

I spent $22 per pax.

Most helpful reviews for Sakae Sushi (Junction 8)

POOR SERVICE

I went to this outlet yesterday, and the service was really bad. I ordered 3 fried items, and one of it took 1 hour to be served to me. We were the first to get into the outlet and ordered first, but the food was served to other tables first. The service crews were not having smiles on the faces and when we asked for our orders, they just ask for that one item only. Then after the one item was here, the other items took a long time too. In overall, this outlet is not recommended. I will never come to this outlet again.

Good change!!

Passed by the newly opened outlet 2 weeks ago and I decided to dine there with a couple of my friends. The new outlet is easy to locate as it is positioned next to one of the exits at Bishan MRT station. What surprised us was not only the nicely-renovated outlet but also the service crew who greeted us warmly on our entrance and who seated us on a cleaned table. They were relatively quick in responding to our requests given the long queue at the entrance. Our orders reached us well within 15 to 20 minutes, which is considered acceptable during dinner time where the restaurant is full. The only down side is that they no longer provide wet towels or serviettes for free. This may be a bad thing to us, the diners. However, thinking of the bigger picture, they are actually doing a great effort to help us save the earth! Well, we can always bring out own tissue paper. :P

I would say Sakae Sushi is improving on their service standards. My friends and I are indeed impressed. I hope they can continue to keep up the good work to allow the customers to dine in comfort!

the hype is over

i remembered it used to be on the 2nd floor of junction 8. then it shifted to a quiet corner in the basement. After its shift somehow i also find the food getting boring. only during lunch or dinner time you see patrons in the restuarant else it is normally empty. recently they started to introduce tepanyaki meals to add to the variety but taste and value for money wise it is still a bit less attractive compared to other sushi chain restuarants. i will still come to this restaurant when the other restaurant is very crowded. but it will not be my first choice.

Bad delivery service

Denial and refuse to appologize for wrong orders. Happened twice! Had enough!