Summary

gyozas, Black sesame ramen, Gyokai Leek Ramen, Spicy Sanji Ramen, ladies set View all
After Work, Ala Carte View all

Good ramen, value for money, good service

Had a ladies ramen set, portions were just right such that i neither overate nor was hungry after that, and ramen was cooked nicely. Waters were really polite and efficient! And to end the meal off nicely, the price was very reasonable.

Most helpful reviews for Sanji Kagoshima Ramen

Another Good Ramen Place!

This place opened up in Singapore last year in the basement of the Orchid Hotel just around the corner from Keisuke.

I went for the spicy version of their Sanji Ramen. The pork based broth is thick and rich and the added chili oil heats it up nicely but not overwhelming. I was happy that my spicy version had more depth than I expected and the noodles were nice and chewy that next time I have to ask them if they make it themselves. I also ordered some extra eggs that were slightly overcooked and chashu which I would have wished to be leaner.

They also have a pork-chicken and even a pork-fish based ramen which I found a bit odd when finding them on the menu but definately something adventures to try the next time.

It's good to have another place in town that offers a solid bowl of this Japanese goodness and the very friendly service and the substantial shorter wait compared to the competition next door will make me come back for more.

For my full review and pictures please check out my blog:

Get Your Grub On!

Dinner

Located at the ground level of the hotel, there was a number of causal Japanese restaurants. One of them was this ramen shop. It had dining in are for both indoor and outdoor. As this outlet had the least queue on a Friday, I decided to dine in here. Although the outlet was known for its soup base ramen, it also sold cold ramen and dry ramen. The dry ramen caught my attention and I decide to order it to have a try.

DRY ramen TSUYOSHI ($14.90+)
It was served with 3 pieces of Gyoza and chicken soup.
Mix Sanji's chewy noodles with secret soy sauce, fried leek and burnt garlic oil.
Kind of remind one of the hawker centre fishball noodle stall's version of dry yellow noodle. Wish that there was more sauce. A bit too dry. The noodle looked and tasted like yellow noodle. Some may wish to add vinegar or chilli oil to the noodle for additional flavours. There was also spicy pickled vegetables and ground fish powder too. The soup was light and flavourful. As I had order gyoza, I requested for the gyoza to be changed to another side dish, which ended up to be 3 pieces of karrage, commonly known as Japanese style fried chicken. The fried chicken was boneless and quite juicy, although I prefer it to be served with mayonnaise.

Gyoza ($6++)
The five pieces of gyoza were served with soy sauce. There was white vinegar and chilli oil on the counter to help yourself to.

Overall food was not bad. Staffs were quite friendly too.

To die-for black sesame ramen

Can't get enough of this delectable bowl of goodness. It's extremely flavourful with the right balance of black sesame that's neither too heavy nor too underwhelming.

Overall verdict:
Price: Super value for money. Good portion size.
Broth: Flavourful without overwhelming
Noodles: Not overly starchy.
Bonus: The spicy preserved veg condiments on the side (add a few dollops for an extra punch)
Service: Prompt and polite. Attentive servers who are quick to seat and attend to you.

Must try: Their gyoza!

Perfectly Done Gyoza & Non-Oily Ramen

something worth trying for, be it ramen or gyoza...
 their gyoza truely impress me!! no other shops did gyoza like them, crispy on the side & non-stick together (absolutely perfect)
 the milky soup base definitely attracts me with no signs of oil present.

Good Ramen & Yummy Gyozas

We have been to Sanji about 4 times in 2 weeks. This is a very, very small ramen place that seats about 10 - 12 on the 2-table settings (very squeezy) and about 8 - 10 at the counter seats (again, very squeezy). The ventilation is also not very good so be prepared to come out fumed with ramen smell.

But we love the ramen. The black sesame version is very thick and savory, which husband prefers. I enjoy the lighter tonkatsu version which in the ladies set which I always order, is just the right amount and portion. The ladies set is really value for money as well - being less than $15 with a drink and a side dish. Their crispy gyozas are simply wonderful! It's large and crispy. Their fried chicken is also crispy an yummy. Only flaw to us is that the soup was luke-warm the first time we went. But this was easily rectified when I always inform the waitress to ensure that the kitchen prepares boiling hot bowls for us.

Service was always good and prompt when we were there.