Reviews for Sawadee Thai Cuisine

AsianIndochineseThai
Emily08

Simple dishes but executed well.

My partner and I together with my bestie and her husband finally got to try this restaurant after weeks of arranging!

And it was worth the wait.

We ordered their 2 sets of their AMEX 30 licious, plus other alacarte dishes

We had the starter from the set and it was good. Mango salad, rice crackers and the thai Otah. We get to taste 3 of their appetizers with this set, and we will definitely come back for the others.

Mains were roast duck curry, oh so good especially with the pairing of their lychees and pineapple with it. Heavenly. Their steak paired with green curry by the side was awesome. The fats were crispy enough to melt in ur mouth. The steak can be eaten on its own, or with the green curry sauce, surprisingly it paired well.

We ordered also the fish maw with bean sprit and a Tomyum soup.

Simple dishes but executed well.

Rice was the olive and seafood fried rice. Excellent as well, and never have I tried a better olive rice

Desserts were pretty with 2 desserts as a platter.

Overall, it's value for money for a dining experience like this, without burning a hole in your pocket. We frequent Thailand a lot and my bestie has businesses there. We count this place as a very good Thai restaurant which ranks up there with the rest.
Starter
12 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Simple dishes but executed well.

And it was worth the wait.

We ordered their 2 sets of their AMEX 30 licious, plus other alacarte dishes

We ordered also the fish maw with bean sprit and a Tomyum soup.

Simple dishes but executed well.

Desserts were pretty with 2 desserts as a platter.

14 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Doesn't taste like Thai

I have to say it doesn't taste Thai to me at all. The green curry is very plain that unable to to taste any spice although the $30 set portion is quite huge.
The service is not professional. I repeated my order 3 times and seems like the manager is the only one familiar with the menu.
05 Nov 2014 • 1937 reviews • 259 followers

Amex 30Licious Menu Review

From now till 3 Dec 2014, Sawadee Thai Cuisine is offering a set menu for $30 under the American Express 30licious program.

At a recent visit, I had the chance to try their offerings. The meal starts with an appetiser consisting of a trio of mango salad, Thai rice cracker with chicken dip and Thai Otah.

For the main course one has a choice of Duck Curry and Pan Seared Beef Steak with Green Curry Sauce. I liked both. The duck curry was well executed with very thick gravy, generous portions of duck and not too spicy. The beef tasted very natural and the green curry surprisingly paired very well with the meat.

To pair with the dish, one can choose the Seafood Fried Rice or Olive Rice to go with it. Once again, both were goo options. The seafood fried rice had a good level of "wok hei" while the olive fried rice had a nice lemongrass sour finish.

For dessert, it was a mango sticky rice and red ruby in coconut milk to end it all.

The set also comes with one drink of lemongrass as well.

Overall, I found it to be  a good value for money offering, especially for dinner.