Back to Sawadee Thai Cuisine#01-01, 9 Tan Quee Lan Street

Prawn Crystal Noodle3 votes

Birthdays6 votes
Ala Carte4 votes
Nice Deco3 votes

30licious dinner menu at S$30++ when you pay with your American Express Card! . Other deals are available, find out more

Hoongy !
 • 05 Nov 2014 1871 reviews 257 followers
Overall
From now till 3 Dec 2014, Sawadee Thai Cuisine is offering a set menu for $30 under the American Express 30licious program.

At a recent visit, I had the chance to try their offerings. The meal starts with an appetiser consisting of a trio of mango salad, Thai rice cracker with chicken dip and Thai Otah.

For the main course one has a choice of Duck Curry and Pan Seared Beef Steak with Green Curry Sauce. I liked both. The duck curry was well executed with very thick gravy, generous portions of duck and not too spicy. The beef tasted very natural and the green curry surprisingly paired very well with the meat.

To pair with the dish, one can choose the Seafood Fried Rice or Olive Rice to go with it. Once again, both were goo options. The seafood fried rice had a good level of "wok hei" while the olive fried rice had a nice lemongrass sour finish.

For dessert, it was a mango sticky rice and red ruby in coconut milk to end it all.

The set also comes with one drink of lemongrass as well.

Overall, I found it to be  a good value for money offering, especially for dinner.

Must tries: Olive Rice, Chicken Dip, Miang Kum, Hearty Duck Curry

Business Dining, Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch, Romance/First Dates

Deming Lee
 • 02 Nov 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Had a pleasant experience at sawadee from a prompt online reservation confirmation up to leaving the restaurant.

We ordered ala carte and found most of their thai dishes pretty tasty, especially the tom yum goong, garlic chicken and kang kong! The tom yum had a stronger lemongrass taste than most, which gave it a nice refreshing feel! We ordered 2 pots of that!

Sienna Ma
 • 16 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile now ever since many blogs rave about their dishes.

We were so impressed by every single dish! We ordered their signatures like:

Mango Salad
Tomyum Soup
Spicy Steamed Fish Sea Bass
3 Flavoured prawns
Fish Maw with Beansprouts
Olive Rice
Thai Otah

The girls and I ended our night with their mango sticky rice. The owner told me that they use some kind Thai Flowers (I cant remember the name lol) to get the purplish colour on their sticky rice.

Mega mega love all their dishes!!
Forgot to take pics of their lovely food as we were too hungry. Only got to take the dessert :(

Overall full marks from us in terms of food, service, ambience, and value. We are already planning our next trip and promise I will post pics this time!

Must tries: Olive Rice, Spicy Steamed Fish, Thai Otah, Fish Maw with beansprouts

After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Business Dining, Corporate Events, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Night Out
  • Pretty Mango Sticky Rice