Reviews for Sawadee Thai Cuisine

AsianIndochineseThai

Book a Table

section8

Fantastic! Go.

Great food, great service, really nice crab curry and the durian gluttinous rice was also awesome, as were the betel nut wraps. Even if the place has less customers than the nearby restaurants on Liang Seah street, give it a try! Well worth it!
27 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Fantastic! Go.

12 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Simple dishes but executed well.

Overall
My partner and I together with my bestie and her husband finally got to try this restaurant after weeks of arranging!

And it was worth the wait.

We ordered their 2 sets of their AMEX 30 licious, plus other alacarte dishes

We had the starter from the set and it was good. Mango salad, rice crackers and the thai Otah. We get to taste 3 of their appetizers with this set, and we will definitely come back for the others.

Mains were roast duck curry, oh so good especially with the pairing of their lychees and pineapple with it. Heavenly. Their steak paired with green curry by the side was awesome. The fats were crispy enough to melt in ur mouth. The steak can be eaten on its own, or with the green curry sauce, surprisingly it paired well.

We ordered also the fish maw with bean sprit and a Tomyum soup.

Simple dishes but executed well.

Rice was the olive and seafood fried rice. Excellent as well, and never have I tried a better olive rice

Desserts were pretty with 2 desserts as a platter.

Overall, it's value for money for a dining experience like this, without burning a hole in your pocket. We frequent Thailand a lot and my bestie has businesses there. We count this place as a very good Thai restaurant which ranks up there with the rest.
  • Starter
14 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Doesn't taste like Thai

Overall
I have to say it doesn't taste Thai to me at all. The green curry is very plain that unable to to taste any spice although the $30 set portion is quite huge.
The service is not professional. I repeated my order 3 times and seems like the manager is the only one familiar with the menu.

Similar Listings