Summary

Food/Drink4
Olive Rice, Thai Otah, Chicken Dip, Coconut Soup, Fried Fish Maw, Hearty Duck Curry, Prawn Crystal Noodle, Crab Spring Roll, Miang Kum, Betal leaves with filling, Betel Nut Wrap, Crab Curry, Crabmeat Springroll, Durian with Glutinous Rice, Fish Maw with beansprouts, Green Curry, Green Mango Salad, Spicy Steamed Fish View all
After Work, Birthdays, Dinner, Ala Carte, Business Dining, Lunch, Children/Family, Nice Deco, Anniversary, Large Groups/Gathering View all

Great Place for Awesome Food & Service

Many thanks to all at Sawadee Thai Cuisine for making our farewell dinner a successful one.

Food there was tasty and refreshing. Being a lover for Thai cuisine, I would say there were many selections on the menu that are unique; many to choose from. Would definitely patronize their restaurant again and highly recommend friends & family for those with tangy tastebuds...the experience will definitely be one you will not forget.

Thumbs up for to Sawadee Thai Cuisine for the great food & service!

Most helpful reviews for Sawadee Thai Cuisine

Will be back for MORE!

I was first attracted to the decor of the restaurant, it has rich colors of thai, the golden silk like fabric and the thai rattans on the wall of the restaurant.

Being a fan of thai food I’ve tried thai food around and what attracted me to this restaurant is an image on the banner the Thai snack Miang Kum [a snack where condiments are wrapped in wild pepper leaves]. Only a handful thai restaurants in Singapore serves this dish, this restaurant reminded me of the Miang Kum I had in Thailand’s Smooth Curry Restaurant. At Sawadee, they serve the condiments in many mini saucers on a plate with wild pepper leaves and we can do a DIY wrap, interactive and interesting!

Food Ordered:
Miang Kum - An acquired taste traditional thai snack that attracted me into this place.
Thai coconut soup - Love it!! will be back for more. Its a ladies killer drink, all my girlfriends love it.
Fish MAw Soup - comparing the 2 soups [fish maw vs coconut] definitely the Coconut soup, which is more appetising with distintive sour and spicy notes.
Thai Otah- served in a traditional clay plate [one of my favourite]
Pandan Chicken - Im not crazy over panda chicken and this one is a little salty to my liking.
Crab Spring Roll - Thai spring rolls are common but crab spring rolls are hard to find in sg.
Fried Pomfret with Mango Sauce - Be it taste or texture of the fried fish and raw mango chilli sauce, they compliment each other well. [DO ask for more sauce!]
Fried Fishmaw with bean sprout - Reminds me of Sg’s oyster omelette.
Olive Rice-interesting blend of ingredients
Prawns with crystal noodle- the fragrance of the cilantro filled the whole restaurant when the lid of the pot is lifted. The portion is huge, pretty much like the taste of it but it is a little dry.
Dessert- Way too full to order!
Wine: House wine, Charlotte St Semillion Chardonnay

It is a hidden gem along tan queue lan street! Will be back to try out more.

fanstastic food + great ambience

Great place to hang out for a sumptuous thai meal, not forgetting that I could dine with wine here at SAWADEE. Must try dishes include olive rice, tomyum soup, minced chicken with crackers - appetisers,  special kai lan,  prawns with vermicelli, stuffed chicken! their desserts were worthwhile to try to end an awesome meal. Will def recommend my friends to try out sawadee!

Authentic Thai Food with great service

Craving for Thai food, me and my 3 friends managed to discover this nice looking restaurant along Tan Quee Lan street, right beside Liang Seah Street.

The thai restaurant is very authentic in its decor and has a nice ambience with welcoming staff.

We tried the following dishes
* rice cracker with chicken bits dip (starter) - the dip was really appetising and made us crave for the rest of our food
* Spicy Fish soup (might have gotten the wrong name) - the soup was very delicious, great flavour and spicy. The fish was tender and was really tasty. Goes along with mushrooms and vegetable. Each of us were given a bowl and the remaining soup was served in a bigger bowl shown in the photo.
* Green curry - authentic taste, for those thai food lovers, you will definitely like this. Goes well with rice.
* Pandan Chicken - well cooked pandan stuffed chicken with corn
* Mango Sticky rice (dessert) - After a good meal of fish and chicken, this is really good. Just the right mix, not too creamy. Simply melts in your mouth.

This group consist of 3 females and a male, hence we couldn't order more. But I would definitely come back to try other dishes with prawns as one of my friends do not take prawns. The thai Otah and crab spring roll seems to be yummy as well.

We didn't have to wait very long for the food and the waiter / waitresses were very attentive. A really must try for all Thai food lovers or diners who want to try authentic Thai food.

My new favourite Thai restaurant

Been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile now ever since many blogs rave about their dishes. We were so impressed by every single dish! We ordered their signatures like: Mango Salad Tomyum Soup Spicy Steamed Fish Sea Bass 3 Flavoured prawns Fish Maw with Beansprouts Olive Rice Thai Otah The girls and I ended our night with their mango sticky rice. The owner told me that they use some kind Thai Flowers (I cant remember the name lol) to get the purplish colour on their sticky rice. Mega mega love all their dishes!! Forgot to take pics of their lovely food as we were too hungry. Only got to take the dessert :( Overall full marks from us in terms of food, service, ambience, and value. We are already planning our next trip and promise I will post pics this time!