4.5Jey Hedge •
15 Apr 2012
This time with a group of friends from overseas. They wanted to see the last village of Singapore and where else to show them but to Ubin.
We took the DIY Tree Trail route recommended by NParks and I must say its a wonderful experience even for a regular P. Ubin visitor like me. Of course, my overseas friends like the place too as it's so different from the concrete jungle they saw at mainland.
Anyway, I'm back to Season Live Seafood again... and by the time we ended our tour, it was just nice for dinner. It's packed (weekend) and seems like they are getting more popular as compared to the other restaurants you see at the island. Saw a few corporate groups there having dinner as well. Guess its the only place there which can hold so many people.
We sat at the table with the Jetty view and the view is just exhilarating, just nice to end the day trip! Did not experience any mosquito bites as claimed by other reviewers and it was cool and breezy.
Ordered the following:
1) Chilli Crab with fried buns (MUST TRY!! Especially the snowy buns which go very well with the gravy)
2) Sambal Kang Kong
3) Salted Eggs with Pumpkin (It's not on the menu, guess it's seasonal and you have to ask the service staff if they serve it) - We simply love this dish as we didnt find it anywhere else. We are glad we tried this and I will certainly come back for more!
4) Cereal Prawns (The prawns are very firm, shows its very fresh!)
5) Steamed Fish (cant remember the name of fish, but its those with the light soy sauce) ; light and flavourful
6) Sweet and Sour Pork ( I like the crunchiness and the fact its not overly sweet).
The place is clean and I must say they must have spent some effort in sprucing up the place a bit. It's so much pleasant having our dinner here under the huge tent (you wont miss this as its just beside the Opera stage) and view of the Jetty and sea. Once again, a satisfying dinner at this place.