Back to Sek Tong Gai#01-317, 47 Tanglin Halt

Destansl
 • Friday at 11:26pm 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Very good food in a quaint neighborhood, the pork and shark's fin was great.

just wanted to move our table back by a few inches to allow my friends more space but got into an argument with her

Based on this, I will not be returning no matter how good the food was.

Must tries: Black Pepper Lean Pork, Braised Shark’s Fin Soup in Claypot, with Crabmeat

After Work

howinston
 • 12 Sep 2014 115 reviews 1 follower
Overall
I have been recommending this hidden-find restaurant to my friends when they ask me for a new place to dine. They come back to tell me that they love the food here.

I heard from the lady boss that she has some shioment of oysters and I asked her to reserve some for me, and I came by for a meal.

The highlights of my dinner were:
- Steamed Bamboo clams with Fried Garlic and Premium Soy sauce: The bamboo clam is fresh and if you love your shell fish, you wil like this.
- Kai Lan done two ways: I always recommend this dish to my friends, and I always order this when I dine here. Try it.
- Stewed Ee Mian with Fish Slices: The usual Ee Mian is plain. I requested for some fish slices to be added. the fish slices gave the dish a new flavour. But the fresh fish slices addition do not come cheap.
- Baked Cheese Fresh Oyster: Fresh Oysters, topped with cheese and baked. I wished I had the oysters done in different preparation, so that I can have a different taste. But there's always a next time.
- Salted Fish Seafood Bee Hoon: This was the first time I had seafood bee hoon with salted fish and the salted fish sliced gave a nice flavour to the dish and I loved it. Recommended!

I will come to try out  their different prepartions for oyster when they have the next shipment, which I hope is soon.

Must tries: Stewed Ee Mian with Fish Slices, Steamed Bamboo clams with Fried Garlic and Premium Soy sauce, Baked Cheese Fresh Oyster, Salted Fish Seafood Bee Hoon

Ala Carte, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups/Gathering, Take Away

ArcticStar
 • 24 Jun 2014 274 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Providing a casual, relaxed ambience for families and friends alike to enjoy a good meal in a non-fussy environment, this clean-cut Chinese restaurant serves everything from soup to seafood, basically a wide range of zichar dishes, and the "menu" comes in the form of an electronic tablet.
The first dish that was served was the Chinese Spinach with mini dried scallops and cellophane noodles (more commonly known as "tang hoon"), at SGD$21.00. This seemingly simple dish was immersed in the most tasty broth, the fresh spinach was finely soft, and the cellophane noodles were silky smooth, so this dish passed on all counts - taste, texture and outlook.
Next, we had the Claypot chicken with salted fish (SGD$18.00) - the chicken was not ultra-tender, but the taste was superb in savoury's element. Imagine tiny bits of salted fish and the overture of spring onion orchestrating flavors on top of the saltish gravy the chicken was infused with.
Following this, we had the Soon Hock Fish (SGD$97.00) - cooked in traditional Cantonese style alongside cubes of beancurd, white mushrooms and brinjal. The fish was fresh and saccharine in its sea-worthy manner, and the brinjal was meltingly soft. This was a dish with everything - meat and vegetables tossed into one.
For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit :

Must tries: Soon Hock fish, Chinese spinach with cellophane noodles, Steamed pork ribs, Claypot chicken with salted fish, Herbal tea

Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch