Are you sure you want to delete this photo?
This stall is an institution at the Adam Road Food Centre. I came here for breakfast and it had a long queue of people waiting to place their order. It took about 10 mins to get to the front of the queue and then I realised that the people in front had placed many orders to go.
They are open from daily, from 7am – 5pm, except for Fridays.
Parking is convenient with many open air carpark lots around the food centre.
This stall has a long list of awards garnered over the years.
The stall gives their nasi lemak sets interesting names, such as:
- Flash meal: Most basic meal, with ikan bilis, sunny side up egg, rice, cucumber and sambal belachan.
- Fish meal: Fish meat with and 2 fried pieces of fried tamban fish
- Otak Meal: Fish meal with a piece of otah
- Chicken Wing Meal: Fish meal with a fried chicken wing
- Full House: Chicken Wing Meal with a piece of otah
- Royal Flush: Fish meal with fried chicken wing, a piece of otah and a potato bergedil (potato patty)
- Royal Rumble: Royal flush with fried tamban fish
I ordered the Full House meal, which came with ikan bilis, sunny side up egg, rice, cucumber and sambal belachan, fried chicken wing and a piece of otah.
The stall uses Basmati rice for their nasi lemak. The rice is nice and fragrant. It pairs well with the sambal belachan. The sambal belachan taste sweet in the beginning and the spiciness came after.
The chicken wing’s batter is a little thick, and I would prefer it to be thinner. The chicken wing is alright. Ikan bilis portion is sufficient for my whole meal. Cucumber is a little bitter.
I also ordered two packets for my colleagues and they enjoyed their meals.
Overall, an OK meal.