Summary

Buffalo Mozzarella wrapped in parma ham, Antipasti selections, Sauteed King Tiger Prawn, Tiramisu Rivisto, foie gras, Homemade Taglierini Pasta with Boston Lobster and fresh Basil, Chocolata, linguine, 8-hour Braised Beef Cheek, Bisque of Shellfish, Chocolate Cake, Curry chicken rice, Lemon Tartlet Big Meringue, Osso Bucco, Pasta with Sea Urchin and Tiramisu, Really nice wines, Risotto, Set lunch menu, Veal Shank Ossobuco, burrata & st daniele prosciutto, duo of risotto by Federico, fegato, gooseliver terrine with homemade mango chutney, hare risotto, lamb and wine, merluzzo, mozzarella, pappardelle, veal View all
Dinner, Quiet, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Fine Dining, Lunch, Private Dining, Wine Lists, After Work, Chillout, Corporate Events, Girls Night Out, Brunch, Anniversary, Birthdays, Hidden Find, Large Groups/Gathering, Weddings, Supper, Boys Night Out, Business Breakfast, Live Band, Wheelchair Friendly View all

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for Senso Ristorante & Bar

The food is average at best but amex card holders get crazy discount

Senso is an establishment, but the food is old fashioned and very outdated.

I took my girlfriend there for a tread and was dissapointed with the food. but we were happy cos it was so very affordable with the Amex card discount. we managed to get 50% off our entire bill.

So overall, it was a good meal and i can recommend this restaurant if u are using the disount card

we went to oxwell & co after where we got a little sloshed

Senso Revamped

Food/Drink 4| Ambience 4

Senso has been around for ten years! That's dinosaur ages for the restaurant industry, where turnover has been very high given the volatility in the economy in the past decade. It is also a sign that the restaurant has probably done something right to keep their customers intact.

As part of their ten year celebration, they have revamped their restaurant. Red has now become a darken chic atmosphere that is closer to a modern fine dining environment, and the food and wine does well to match the new environment.

Senso is an ambassador for the 'Ca' del Bosco Franciacorta sparkling wine, and it is thus no surprise that they would recommend it prior to the start of the meal. The sparkling wine, when served slightly chilled, makes a good relaxer to the nerves on a stressful day.

At a recent tasting, I started with the Pan-fried Buffalo Mozzarella wrapped in Parma Ham served with black Olives Tapenade ($22). This is a really good starter and the saltiness of the parma ham makes an excellent pairing with the slightly chewy cheese.

I then also tried the Sauteed King Tiger Prawn ($28), a new item on the menu, and another must-try starter. The prawn was really fresh and I could even taste the seawater after-taste that oozed out of the giant crustacean.

The Bisque of Shellfish ($22) was a well executed essence without the usual cream which makes it a lighter version that would not fill you up before the main course.

For the primi I tried the Homemade Taglierini Pasta with Boston Lobster and fresh Basil ($32). The pasta is fresh and the tomato based sauce does not give any inkling of the unfresh seafood after taste that I have been used to.

I also tried the Homemade Ravioli stuffed with braised Veal shank served with Porchini Mushroom sauce ($26). This would probably fit those with a bigger appetite as it can get really heavy.

As part of their ten year anniversary, Chef Federico has launched a Duo of Risotti ($32) which consists of the white Risotto Carnaroli with 'Ca' del Bosco' Franciacorta sparkling wine and the black Risotto Carnaroli with Baby Squid a la plancha. Unfortunately, I found the risotto a little undercooked to my liking.

The main course of the Traditional Veal Ossobuco with Lemon Gremolata ($36) also was a little of a let down as I found the meat too tough to chew. I did however, enjoy the Zinfandel that was paired with the dish.

Dessert was the Tiramisu Rivisto ($16). I always find that deconstructing a dessert is a risky option and very few chefs do a good job of it. The recommendation is the start with the light mousse coffee, then go with the homemade Mascarpone Ice Cream with Savoiardi Biscotto and finish off with the coffee milkshake, but I recommend mixing it up a bit if you do not want to end on a bitter coffee after-taste. My conclusion : I think I still would prefer the tiramisu the way it was meant to be.

Expect good service standards at Senso. Restaurant manager Najib, while a little too talkative at times, is well traveled and understands the epitome of managing a customer well.

Sunday brunch for special occasions

Scores for intimacy, European ambience, great service, good free flow prosecco and gd exquisite Italian cold cuts and exotic cheeses. the tiramisu dessert is awesome IMHO.

Disappoints with lack luster seafood spread, anorexic oysters and blah pasta.

Tries to make up for it with free flow orders of cooked veal/beef/salmon cuts and served in delectable sauces.

At the price of 180-200 (nett), I expected more. Some windows to open the place rather than a claustrophobic dining area could be nice too.

This restaurant is c***... I am Italian!!

Expensive! 200SGD for two people and we are still hungry!!!
- truffles (no taste) with canned artichokes (35sgd)
- seafood platter (50bucks) super small!
- the only good dish was the lobster pasta.
- service was too fast!!! They removed the plate from my wife before she finished without even asking her.
- the waitress was so fast that the bread fell on the floor. Unbelievable!

really bad experience!! There are way many more restaurant that are thousands times better than senso! what a bad experience. I will never ever return to this place!

Nice lunch place

My colleague brought me here for lunch last week. Service is polite and very cordial. For $40, the lunch set is affordable and in such a nice fine dining environment too! The courtyard is a little warm in the afternoon so be sure to request a table inside. It might be a little noisy as the place is quite echo-y.

Overall, I will come back for lunch on a weekday especially when it's a special occasion, like a colleague's bday.