Review for Senso Ristorante & Bar

EuropeanItalianWesternWine
Address: #01-01, 21 Club Street, 069410

10 Nov 2011
Overall

people found this review useful Was it useful to you?Yes

More reviews of Senso Ristorante & Bar

Overall

Sunday brunch for special occasions

Scores for intimacy, European ambience, great service, good free flow prosecco and gd exquisite Italian cold cuts and exotic cheeses. the tiramisu dessert is awesome IMHO.

Disappoints with lack luster seafood spread, anorexic oysters and blah pasta.

Tries to make up for it with free flow orders of cooked veal/beef/salmon cuts and served in delectable sauces.

At the price of 180-200 (nett), I expected more. Some windows to open the place rather than a claustrophobic dining area could be nice too.
Overall

This restaurant is c***... I am Italian!!

Expensive! 200SGD for two people and we are still hungry!!!
- truffles (no taste) with canned artichokes (35sgd)
- seafood platter (50bucks) super small!
- the only good dish was the lobster pasta.
- service was too fast!!! They removed the plate from my wife before she finished without even asking her.
- the waitress was so fast that the bread fell on the floor. Unbelievable!

really bad experience!! There are way many more restaurant that are thousands times better than senso! what a bad experience. I will never ever return to this place!

Nice lunch place

My colleague brought me here for lunch last week. Service is polite and very cordial. For $40, the lunch set is affordable and in such a nice fine dining environment too! The courtyard is a little warm in the afternoon so be sure to request a table inside. It might be a little noisy as the place is quite echo-y.

Overall, I will come back for lunch on a weekday especially when it's a special occasion, like a colleague's bday.
Overall

The food is average at best but amex card holders get crazy discount

Senso is an establishment, but the food is old fashioned and very outdated.

I took my girlfriend there for a tread and was dissapointed with the food. but we were happy cos it was so very affordable with the Amex card discount. we managed to get 50% off our entire bill.

So overall, it was a good meal and i can recommend this restaurant if u are using the disount card

we went to oxwell & co after where we got a little sloshed

Good Italian Fine Dining

For more reviews, visit www.ms-skinnyfat.com

Senso Ristorante & Bar, Club Street’s favorite Italian restaurant turns 14 this year and i must say it's a feat in our dynamic food scene! To celebrate this milestone, a Best of Senso’s Signatures menu is put together for this occasion. From 1 to 31 July only, sample popular dishes from over the years and also taste exclusive dishes from Senso’s international outlets.

The Manzo ($32), Beef Tartare, Roquette & Parmesan, Olive Oil, Chervil and Roasted Potatoes, was a sell-out dish in Crans Montana when it was introduced in 2010. Love the tender and well flavored meat.

The menu also features the Sogliola From Mediterranean, Dover Sole Meuniere with Orange Zest, Rucola and Ripened Tomatoes, a special dish from Senso’s outpost in Geneva. Only the Dover Sole is used, the preferred fish for an authentic Sole Meuniere and also the use of oranges from Sicily for that added authenticity.

We also had a mini olive oil tasting during the meal and that wonderfully aged (12 years) Balsamic vinegar that tasted like honey. It was amazing with the freshly baked breads.

The other dishes are from the Singapore menu. The Green Asparagus and Morels Soup (Singapore 2005) $24 was a light and refined soup, perhaps a little too delicate for my liking.

The Risotto (Singapore, 2006) $36, was probably the favorite dish of the night. The salty and creamy risotto paired simply with sweet and succulent grilled tiger prawns. While fresh zucchini flowers from Italy were used in the dish, i found it doing little to complement the already perfect combination. In fact, the fried flowers tasted oily and a little stale.

Premium NZ Lamb Rack (Singapore, 2011) $44. The lamb was cooked to perfection with a nice pink center and was good on its own. The olive crust came served as a disk by the side instead and was a little too dry and crumbly.

We ended our meal with a deconstructed Tiramisu Revisito (Singapore, 2011) $22. This was specially created by Executive Chef Yves Schmid in 2011. So there's coffee mousse, homemade mascarpone ice-cream with Savoiardi biscotto and coffee milkshake. Good flavors but give me a traditional tiramisu with all that richness anytime.

All dishes on the menu are available a la carte, but diners looking for a heartier meal can opt for the three, four or five course menus that start from $88. Wine pairing is also available.

The Senso experience was lovely as usual and i really love the atrium section where you get to dine under the stars but in comfort. Great place for a romantic date with your significant other.