Reviews for Seoul Yummy (The Central)

AsianKorean
Justin D. Pereira

A Bit of Yummy Seoul In Seoul Yummy. 어서오세요!

Imagine Korean food and I reckon anyone would immerse their imagination into the traditional and heritage beauty of Korea, exemplified greatly by the popular K-drama series Da Chang Jing. Fast forward that to today and what we get is Seoul Yummy, serving up Korean Casual Dining to all its patrons.

I must comment that service was excellent at Seoul Yummy. Warm greetings flowed through the establishment as all the staff echoed each other with welcome. The dishes served up were prompt as well and the service staff were almost always catering to your attention.

The Cheul Pan Go Deng Or (Hotplate Fried Saba Fish : $10.80) was literally frying in its oil on the hotplate and the sauce that was ladled over was bubbling in delight.

A very crispy skin coated the flesh within and with a delicate break using my chopsticks, I raveled in the delightful music of that little crispy crunch. Only to reveal a sparkle of juices bursting from within. Although the fish has been fried, the flesh remained firm and the taste of the sea never left the Saba. Accolades for this dish!

Read my full review at http://j2k3blogs.com/?p=1599

Honestly, I find that Seoul Yummy offers very affordable Korean fare. Now, if they only had Ginseng Chicken Soup...Hmmm =)
23 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Nightmare (health promotion board to take note)

Ok this is really one of the worst - I'm so upset that I’ve to create an account with hungrygowhere just to share my experience with everyone..

* Dirty, unhygienic kitchen staff that caused food poisoning the next day and im thinking if I should report them to HPB..

* Stay away from this place if you are looking for real solid Korean food. the quality of food taste is just like hawker korean food and most real koreans-owned restaurants serve free cold barley tea

* I believe this is not a real Korean owned restaurant.

Food is below average. Seafood bean curd soup tasted so plain and the seafood were not fresh. We found hair in our soup…

Tea cost like $1.99 (freeflow) to compare to a real Korean /Japanese restaurant for free or at most $1

way below average.. Young inexperienced ground staff

- Quiet with no background music, narrow and so quiet that you could hear everyone’s conversation.

- Kitchen staff (think mainland Chinese) was singing, whistling, stomping his feet on the floor like drum…

- we heard Kitchen staff sneezed with a loud “HA-Cheww…” you know how its like if you hear the “chewww”.. I feel so disgusted..

- Dirty waste/rubbish trolley was literally right infront of customer tables…. Geez.... just hide it somewhere right..

08 Mar 2014 • 55 reviews • 1 follower

Slow Service with Not too bad Food

Read my full reviews with pictures.

The place is quite crowded considering we went there for dinner before 6pm.The service was slow and they look short handed. We had wait for quite some time to get our bill. I think some of the staff couldn’t understand English too. The side dishes were quite so so. A lot of the other restaurants fare better than them at this.

13 Aug 2012 • 1 review • 0 follower

Rudest staff member ever

I tried on three occasions to eat at this restaurant. First time missed final order by 5 minutes and was turned away, second time went to book for ten family members and was told no bookings, third time arrived with family to be turned away and all by the same rude person who said they were the manager. Well clearly if this is the case it is sad that poor service makes me never want to eat at your restaurant chain ever. I encourage people not to support rude people and stay away from this restaurant.

Amazing that a small restaurant in the food court could help us with far less space than Seoul Yummy. Shame on your poor service.