Reviews for Serenity Spanish Bar & Restaurant (VivoCity)

3.6

BeerEuropeanMediterraneanSpanishWesternWine

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Great food

Went there last thursday with a group of friends after work. We ordered the sauteed prawns with garlic, potato bravas, dates with bacon, mushroom with garlic, fried baby squids, salad and a small paella to share.

The prawns with garlic was good, very aromatic and fresh. The potatos are roasted potatos with tomato salsa like sauce. The dates with bacon were very good, salty and sweet at the same time, but very oily. Mushroom is the same style as the prawns. The squid was deep fried and serve with mayo, commonly found in any restaurant, whereby the salad was just basic mix greens with balsamic vinegar sauce. The paella was ok, not too bad.

We ordered 2 sangrias, soft drinks and beer.

The food and service was ok. But a bit on the pricey side. But the view overlooking the water to sentosa was beautiful!

Will come back, only for special occasions.
• 08 Apr 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Great food

Overall

We ordered 2 sangrias, soft drinks and beer.

Will come back, only for special occasions.
• 11 Mar 2015 • 339 reviews • 2 followers

Good Spanish Food at Vivo City With A Sea View To Boot!

Overall
This restaurant is located at the back of Vivo City on the ground floor. It’s near the bridge that connects Singapore to Sentosa and has a good sea-facing view, with Resorts World Sentosa on the opposite shore. I was here for lunch with a group of friends who wanted to have Spanish Food. As it was lunch time, we decided to sit in the air-conditioned area where we could dine in air-conditioned comfort while still enjoying the view of the sea. Here are the highlights of our meal: Tapas - - Tortilla Espanola: $10.80. Spanish Omelette with potato and onion. It  came with a nice sour cream sauce, which goes well with the omelette. - Pan con Aliolo: $8.80. Homemade toast ciabatta bread with fresh tomato sauce and vegetables. This is Spanish Pizza, which is rectangular in shape and has a crunchy base. - Pincho Morun de Pollo: $15.80. Grilled marinated chicken on skewers. Like the local satay. The chicken were flavourful. And the dressing was good. - Datiles con Beicon: $14. Dates wrapped with several pieces of bacon and deep fried. A unique dish and I must say I like it a lot. The dates is sweet and went well when eaten with the bacon. - Butifarra: $12.80. Grilled Spanish sausage with butter beans. The sausage is good and the brown gravy complements the sausage. The butter beans look like broad beans. But the butter beans were boiled and has soft texture. Think of it like giant baked beans.  - Costillas de Cerdo Frito Marinadas en Vino Dulce Espanol: $22.80. 2 whole pieces of deep fried pork ribs marinated with Spanish Sweet Wine. The meat is moist and tender. Its not bad. - Calamares a la Plancha: $18.80. Freshly grilled squid in extra virgin olive oil. This is really good. Whole squid with cuts breath-wise across the body and grilled with olive oil and paprika powder sprinkled over it. A simple preparation and delicious! Must-try. Main course - - Fideua de Marisco: $68. Seafood Fideua. Spanish noodle with tiger pranws, squid, mussels and dory fish. This was the main course for the meal. The noodles were cooked paella style, in a pan with the seafood cooked on the top of the noodles before the chef lifted the pan off the fire. The noodles reminded me of spaghettini noodles compacted together and it was flavourful. Seafood also tasted good.  Dessert - - Churros with Chocolate Sauce: A good finale to the meal. 6 churros pieces for each order. It’s sprinkled with icing sugar and came with a small bowl of hot chocolate. You can eat it on its own or dip it into the chocolate to savour it. Its good.  Drinks -
- White Sangria
: White wine, Gin, Brandy, Orange Liquoe, Juices and lemonade. I have previously tried the red Sangria. The white version is more citrusy and personally, I preferred the red Sangria, which I find is stronger in terms of taste and alcohol content. A wide selection of tapas that can cater to what you fancy for the day. Also with a variety of drinks such as wines, sangrias and hard liquor, you will be spoilt for choice. Recommended!
  • Fideua de Marisco
• 08 Mar 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Forgetful service, disappointing food

Overall
I made a reservation for my friend's birthday celebration. In the online booking, I made a note to the restaurant to arrange a slice of cake to serve my friend for his birthday. The day before our dinner, I called the restaurant to double-confirm the reservation, and they said they would serve us a complimentary brownie for his birthday.

However, on the day itself, they forgot the brownie. They also forgot a few items we had ordered. I had to get up and remind them about the brownie. After that, the way they went about it was so obvious that my friend obviously knew they were getting the brownie ready. The best part? They charged me for it. I really cannot believe they charged me for the 'complimentary' brownie that they forgot in the first place.

Also, the food cannot make it and is really expensive. Example: $18 for a small bowl of stir fried mushrooms. Please go somewhere else more worth your time and money.