Summary

paella, Spanish Suckling Pig, tapas, paella valenciana, sangria, seafood paella, baby octopus, fried calamari, seafood soup, patatas bravas, lamb specialty, spanish croqetas, vongole vino, Spanish Noodles, albondigas, bacon esparago, red wine sangria, Butifarra, Calamares a la Plancha, Cheese Plater, Chicken-Tomato Spaghetti, Churros with Chocolate Sauce, Cod, Costillas de Cerdo Frito Marinadas en Vino Dulce Espanol, Datiles con Beicon, Ensalada de colores, Fideua de Marisco, Gambas al Ajillo, Grilled Asparragus, Grilled Spanish Octopus, Grilled Spanish sausage with butter bean, Home-made bread, Mamamia, Nachos with Cheese, Original Sangria, Pan con Alioli, Pan con Aliolo, Peras al Vino Tinto, Pincho Morun de Pollo, Pincho Moruno de Pollo, Pork Skewer, Pork and Chicken with Broad Beans soup, Rollito de Bacon y Espárrago, Sauteed Mushrooms, Sautéed Brussels Sprout With Serrano Ham, Spanish Sausages, Spanish black pig ham, Special selection of foreign beers, The Churros, Tortilla Espanola, Vegetarian Paella, Vegetarian Tapas, bacalao, cocktails, cod fish salad, crispy pork leg, gin & tonic (very smooth), only main courses, pork knuckle, roast beef with foie gras, set lunch, tortilla, tuna puff View all
Dinner, Live Band, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Waterfront, After Work, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, View/Scenery, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Children/Family, Ala Carte, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Quiet, Vibrant/Noisy, Supper, Private Dining, Birthdays, Fine Dining, Brunch, Anniversary, People Watching, Wheelchair Friendly, Corporate Events, High Tea, Large Groups, Relaxed, Night Out View all

Tasty but the paella's got a ton of MSG

I sit on the fence about Serenity, because i do so love their paellas. however the first (and last ) time i tried it, i went home with a severe headache and was very parched.

I am very sensitive to MSG and it is an experience i do not want to repeat.

Most helpful reviews for Serenity Spanish Bar & Restaurant (VivoCity)

Pricey and Poor service.

A birthday celebration to a friend in this restaurant at Vivo. The servcing portion is very small. Not only that, requesting to refill water also have to ask twice. Very poor service! Look at the bill giving a big shock cost about S$250 for 4 person. Actually we dont really mind about the billing, but when we talk about the servicing portion and the way they handle customer is really suck! Even we wrote a feedback to them and dont even get a response. Do you think is it worth to recommend to any friends? No way!

Utterly disappointing.

The good news is that the tapas and the side dishes were quite tasty. However, the price is not justifiable.

The reviews previously mentioned that the suckling pig was really good. At first, I balked at the enormous price tag. $338++. I decided to try once. The suckling pig was disappointing to say the least. At that kind of reviews, I expected something extraordinary. It was disappointing as it seems no better than some of the zichar or posh chinese restaurants that I went to. At this price tag, it added to my disappointments.

The service was terrible. I asked for water and was given $12 per bottle of fiji water. Did I ask for Fiji water??? I later asked for tap water and was charged another $2 per person. Is it your job to rip off customers? At the minimum, the staff must have pointed to the menu to confirm what is the difference if your order are ambigious.

It was frustrating enough that I decided to stop arguing with the staff and write a review....

Mediocre at Best

We had previously visited this restaurant, but the first time the service was just so bad that we decided to leave. The waiter had an attitude for god knows what reason which put everyone off so we just got up to go. Mind you this was a year ago, we just left without having any food.

Visited this place again yesterday with my family for an early Father's Day, but this time we were pretty early so I guess most of the staff didn't have their hands tied. We ordered a Seafood Paella ($106) for four, a squid ink pasta ($60+), a few sides at $20 each and some drinks. The only saving dish was the 'Calamari', which just tasted like the squid version of KFC. That one was swept off the table pretty fast because we were hungry so no problems there. The Iberico Ham we ordered was terrible value, to say the least. $20 dollars for 25g of ham and two slices of bread? Well it was just our own fault I guess, that we didn't read the menu properly. The Octopus ($20) was also nothing to rave about.

Out comes the Paella after 30 minutes, honestly it was just alright. The majority of rice in the paella was a little on the mushy side but the sides were crispy enough. The seafood however was done a little too dry which I was not sure of the reason.

The squid ink pasta was the one that was majorly disappointing. We expected pasta but it was some kind of vermincelli? Terrible. We barely touched it.

All in all, service wasn't fantastic, the food was majorly disappointing, and the only saving grace was that they had a live band playing Spanish music which contributed to a relaxing atmosphere. If the restaurant needed any cue of this, our food that were all barely touched and for $280, definitely not "The Best Spanish Restaurant in Singapore." Please. We had to go somewhere else to fill our stomachs.

Great food

Went there last thursday with a group of friends after work. We ordered the sauteed prawns with garlic, potato bravas, dates with bacon, mushroom with garlic, fried baby squids, salad and a small paella to share.

The prawns with garlic was good, very aromatic and fresh. The potatos are roasted potatos with tomato salsa like sauce. The dates with bacon were very good, salty and sweet at the same time, but very oily. Mushroom is the same style as the prawns. The squid was deep fried and serve with mayo, commonly found in any restaurant, whereby the salad was just basic mix greens with balsamic vinegar sauce. The paella was ok, not too bad.

We ordered 2 sangrias, soft drinks and beer.

The food and service was ok. But a bit on the pricey side. But the view overlooking the water to sentosa was beautiful!

Will come back, only for special occasions.

Forgetful service, disappointing food

I made a reservation for my friend's birthday celebration. In the online booking, I made a note to the restaurant to arrange a slice of cake to serve my friend for his birthday. The day before our dinner, I called the restaurant to double-confirm the reservation, and they said they would serve us a complimentary brownie for his birthday.

However, on the day itself, they forgot the brownie. They also forgot a few items we had ordered. I had to get up and remind them about the brownie. After that, the way they went about it was so obvious that my friend obviously knew they were getting the brownie ready. The best part? They charged me for it. I really cannot believe they charged me for the 'complimentary' brownie that they forgot in the first place.

Also, the food cannot make it and is really expensive. Example: $18 for a small bowl of stir fried mushrooms. Please go somewhere else more worth your time and money.