Tue to Sun, 12:00 to 14:15
Tue to Sun, 18:00 to 21:15
Shashlik Restaurant is located at Far East Shopping Centre. Serving traditionally superb Russian and continental cuisine. Nice ambience suitable for family gathering, couples and after a stressful day in work.
Our Specialities that you must never miss: Borshch , Shashlik Chicken, Chicken a la Kiev, Baked Alaska., Shashlik Beef and more…..
Kindly call for reservation at 6732 6401
I remember visiting Shashlik for my aunt's birthday when I was a young teenager. She brought me here for her birthday and as our birthdays are 1 day apart, I got a birthday treat as well!
When my office shifted location to near Orchard Road, I finally had a chance to visit this restaurant (loated at Far East Shopping Centre, next to Hilton Hotel) by walking over to the restaurant for lunch with my colleagues when we were looking for somewhere to dine.
We ordered the following dishes from the ala carte menu:
- Baked oysters: Oysters topped with cheese and baked. Yummy!
- Russian Borsch Soup with sour cream - This was lovely, with their own 'home-made' sour cream. Must-try!
- Shashlik of Beef: The grilled beef is served on a hot plate with a pickled cabbage salad on the side. If you love your beef medium, as the server to make your beef 'rare' and when it served on the hot plate, it will be done about right.
- Eggs with Caviar: Half an egg, cut into a nice v shape wedges and topped with caviar. A little piece of heaven on a plate!
- Ice-Cream with Brandied Cherries: This was good! We will try their Baked Alaskan the next time and their Crepes!
I learnt that they have set lunches that changes daily. I look forward to Wednesdays, where they have Oxtail on the menu!
I will be back soon...
There was a lot of excitement from my peers, who have dined at Shashlik before they closed in November 2015, as the news of its reopening spread like wildfire. I haven't been to Shashlik myself but I have definitely heard both good and bad comments on the restaurant. They had maintained the overall feel and look of the Russo-Hainanese restaurant according to my foodie bestie. And most of the staff were rehired from before. We tried some of their signature dishes - so do read full review at gastronomy.sg!
City location, good food at reasonable prices. After reading previous reviews I had a low expectation for the service. It started off ok to my surprise. We asked for the baked Alaska (around 745-8pm) when placing our order and told sold out. I think they couldn't be bothered actually. So we didn't order any desert. After our meals we did. Told kitchen closed and no more desert/orders. 10min later we asked another staff member and we got desert. When clearing table they spilt some liquid from desert on my friends dress and didn't give a s*** about helping to clean it up. At 950 they turned half the lights off. I guess it's time to leave. By the time we paid and went out to the elevator half the staff were changed and waiting for the elevator too!