Mon - Fri: 11:30 - 15:00
Mon - Fri: 18:00 - 23:00
Closed: Sun & PH
Are you sure you want to delete this photo?
This is my second visit to this restaurant. I was previously surprised by the wide offering, so I came back again.
Since my last visit, the menu has been revamped. There are new additions to the menu and I ordered a few items from their new menu to try:
- Houbou Sashimi: $39.80. This was Bluefin Sea Robin Sashimi that’s been imported directly from Japan. After we had finished the sashimi, the staff made soup with the fish bones. The soup was clear soup and has a slightly sweet taste. Its nice.
- Houbou Shioyaki: $48.80. Char-grilled sea robin with sea salt. The same fish as mentioned earlier but its now grilled with salt. The fish is nice and tender. I like the crispy parts of the fish skin/ fins. Those parts were a tad salty due to the salt.
- Black Dragon Maki: $17.80. Deep fried prawn sushi roll topped with sliced unagi, a dollop of mayonnaise and ebi roe. I love the unagi and the mayonnaise. Its nice, and I will order it again.
- Volcano Maki: $15.80. Deep fried maki with crab meat, salmon and unagi. This was interesting. A rolled maki that’s been cut to pieces and then coated with batter and deep fried. The batter is light, similar to tempura batter and it gave a nice unique texture to the maki. Its drizzled with sweet black sauce and mayonnaise and topped with ebi roe.
- Subuta: $11.80. Japanese style Sweet & Sour Pork. This is is very similar to the Chinese ‘Ko Lo Yoke’. The pork pieces are coated with flour and deep fried before it’s stir-fried with mixed vegetables – egg plane, capsicum, carrots and mushrooms. It’s nice. Portion is good for sharing.
- Buta Shioyaki: Char-grilled pork belly in sweet sauce and topped with fried minced garlic. Sliced pork belly nicely laid out on a serving plate. Its good. Personally, I would have preferred the pork belly to be more thinly sliced, which will make each bite perfect!
- Saba Misoni: $8.80. Braised Japanese mackerel in miso sauce. I am not usually a fan of saba fish, as most of the time its grilled and too dry for my liking. However, I loved this very much, as its steamed and then served atop Chinese spinach vegetables with a nice miso dressing. Its good. Must-order!
The new menu items are good and I like the food in the new menu.
Overall, a good meal and I will be back again with my family.