31 Mar 2015
Last week, my colleagues and I were looking for a place to dine, and we decided on this restaurant at Vivo City.
I had all along thought it’s a solely Kushiyaki restaurant that serves grilled items.
I was surprised at their menu, which was extensive and includes food such as sushi and sashimi. Just for the Yakitori section, the menu had close to 50 items, divided into Pork, beef, chickens and vegetable sections.
We ordered from across the menu and the standouts were:
- Cold Somen: $14.20. Chilled thin noodles with dipping sauce. There are different toppings such as seaweed, sesame, shiso leaf that you can put into the dipping sauce to enjoy different taste for your somen. Came with prawns, shitake mushroom and a soft boiled egg. Nice!
- Tori Karrage: $8.60. Deep fried chicken. Chicken pieces are big and generous.
- Pumpkin Croquette:$8.60. Crispy pumpkin croquettes. Loved this. It was unique and taste good. A goma (sesame sauce) was served with it. Complemented the croquette.
- Lobster Maki: $16.20. Rock lobster topped sushi roll. This is also good. The lobster is chopped up with mayonnaise and topped on the maki. Order it.
- Aburi Salmon Maki: $15. Salmon was wrapped around the maki and flame broiled. Try it!
- Tsukune: $2.40. Grilled chicken meatballs. The balls were about ping pong sized with a good soy dressing.
- Negima: $2.40 Chicken and leek with soy sauce. This was not bad.
- Nikuzume Shitake: $2.80. Mushroom stuffed with minced chicken. I like mushrooms, so I enjoyed this.
- Tori Sasami Mentai: $2.80. Grilled pieces of chicken breast with spicy codfish roe over it. I like this.
- Gyu Enoki Maki: $4. Golden mushrooms wrapped with sliced beef. Beef is good.
- Miso Yaki Onigiri: Grilled Japanese rice ball with miso. I like this, as the rice ball has some burnt parts that give it a nice flavour.
- Mentai Yaki Onigiri: Grilled rice ball with spicy codfish roe. A different flavour from the earlier riceball. Also good.
- Tea Jelly with milk: The tea jelly has a mild tea flavour. Would have preferred the jelly to have a stronger flavour. It came with a side of milk that you can pour over the jelly.
- Sesame dessert cake with sesame ice cream: This was good. We finished this in a blink of an eye. The dessert cake is like deconstructed pudding and taste good.
They have interesting drinks menu that include mocktails made with Calpis (a refreshing drink) and Yakult.
They have a good variety of food here that will cater to different taste buds.
Go try it!