Reviews for Shin Yuu Japanese Restaurant

AsianChineseJapaneseWine
Rebecca Teo

A little gem hidden at the Greenwood Estate

I have been to this place a couple of times. The quality of food is definitely value for money. At times u may get some interesting dishes that are not listed in the menu. Just like today, we even get to try the lobster.... Is really yummy... Is fresh and the meat is tender.
07 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

A little gem hidden at the Greenwood Estate

30 Sep 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

I can do what they do at home.

This is one of the worse place. Food look like zhichar when it is serve and some of their food taste like from ntuc frozen section. I think they can operate their staff at the coffee shop than in a restaurant. But there is only one thing that is reasonable. Which is their sashimi. That is the only ok dish.

Lastly. The place feels a bit run down too. Lack of maintenance.

To be very honest. They are not up to the cut when compared with other Japanese Buffet place in Singapore. And also They are not cheap. With 50+ per pax. I am expecting more than Zhichar
29 Jul 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Kena scolded for reserving table for six

The sashimi is unlike anything we've tried before. If you're lucky you get darker salmon varieties. If you're lucky you get better parts (tuna and sashimi). All in all the sashimi is the restaurant's strength. Hotate Mentaiyaki (scallops) wasn't the best around. In fact I was surprised because it was waaaay below Sushi Express' Hotate Mentai. Way below. But nevertheless Shin Yuu's Hotate is good. Just not the best. Wafu Beef is where the bad part about the restaurant starts. We ordered the Wafu Beef on the FIRST round of order-taking. It came only towards the end DESPITE several reminders to the waiters on their subsequent trips. We nicknamed this dish the Foxtrot Uniform (Wa-FU) Beef. Service-wise, one of the head staff committed customer-service suicide. He came in and was very disappointed that only 3 people turned up, although a table for 6 was reserved. The remaining 3 friends could not make it that day. We were given one of the private rooms. And because the kitchen was close to our private room, we could still hear that head staff bitching about us to his colleagues. And if that guy wasn't enough, another staff did not let the matter rest and showed disappointment on her face. I immediately went outside of the private room and saw the restaurant wasn't full, so their rant was unjustified. Dory and pork ribs were very well prepared. Soft Shelled crab wasn't nice to make us order it more (Suki Sushi's soft-shelled crab is leagues better). The seaweed rolls were pretty much empty, fileld with air. The rice was great, though. Shin Yuu can do Japanese rice. Their cooked food were generally good. Wafu Beef, despite coming only at the very end, was tender with great sauce that one could mistaken it for venison. Last complaint: there will be a long refractory period where the food comes slowly, perhaps hoping orders will be forgotten (we didn't forget the Wafu Beef!) or perhaps hoping we'll be digested enough to not order more food. It's a buffet after all, but I frown upon their economical, stingy, penny-pinching behavior. Just not right, whichever way I see it. All in all, I hope my review has been objective and to admit, I decided to be generous in the rating section. Else the service would get one star.