Review for Shinkei Japanese Restaurant

Address: #01-06/07/09, 600 @ Toa Payoh, scs Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, 319515

+65 6884 6884
03 Apr 2014

Happy Happy & Will be Back

I won the 5&Dine contest from them. I decided to brought my family to try the foods.

The food was great. service was great and overall we did have an enjoyable time.

I like the spider handroll, cold noodle, chicken meat ball & of course the sashimi too.

my kids love the tempura prawns, crabmeat and egg ssushi.

anyway I feel worth the money

Tempura, Sashimi, Yakitori

More reviews of Shinkei Japanese Restaurant

Good Set Lunches!

This restaurant is located at the building next to Toa Payoh Library.

They offer an ala carte buffet where you can order appetisers/ sashimi/ soups/ noodles etc and they will prepare for you ala minute and serve to you. If you like a particular dish, you can order it over and over again. And the best thing is, its fixed price!

I came by this restaurant for lunch and since it was a working day and had meetings in the afternoon, I opted for the bento lunch. They are quite affordable, around the price range of $13 - $20, depending on what you ordered.

I ordered the Yakitori bento set, while my colleague ordered the beef set. The portions were very well-proportioned, even though it was a set lunch. There were rice, several sticks of yakitori (chicken, chicken balls) side salad and soup.

Good value for money and I will come by to try their ala-carte Japanese Buffet soon.

1st Experience

Service was good. Food was not up to standard. Sad to say, i will not encourage a visit. Operating in a HDB area, I would expect them to serve more variety and better quality after all HDB dwellers have got high taste buds now and much better than those living in D 09 , 10 or 11. They make up of the bulk of business even in Orchard road areas and Shinkei:s standard in an important market is disappointing. They can ask for a slightly higher price but serve with value. I will not encourage any visiting to this restaurant.
Overall

Mediocre food for the price.

Decided to try out the buffet since 2nd person was 50% off. Started to order off the buffet menu and when food arrived it was rather disappointing. The salmon and maguro sashimi lacked color. Maguro not even red but pale in color. Salmon was tasteless. Overall, I think any supermarket's sashimi fared better than this place.  Ordered the tonkatsu and the size was a joke as it was a 1/3 the size of my samsung mobile phone. Although service was attentive and prompt in clearing empty plates and all, I really wouldn't recommend this place.
Management response from Shinkei Japanese Restaurant, published 23 Dec 2015
Dear ahsoka, Thank you for dining with us at Shinkei Japanese Restaurant. We had noted your feedback on the quality of our salmon and maguro sashimi. We will also bring your comment on the size of the tonkatsu to our kitchen team. Nonetheless, we are glad to know our service team served you well during your visit. We do hope to see you and serve you better next time! Yours sincerely, The Management Shinkei Japanese Restaurant
Overall

Eat to your heart's content @ Superb Environment!

I like this restaurant a lot cos of the spacious and comfortable seating. Been to a few Japanese ala carte buffet restaurant and this is the most relaxing and condusive place for meet up session with friends. There is a VIP room where we celebrated farewell and birthday parties for colleagues. The food is not superbly raving (you will be spoilt by the selection of food) but the sushi and fresh sashimi made up the total worth of our $. Highly recommend for friends who want to hang out for hours and not worried about been hassled out of the restaurant.

Great quality buffet

One of Japanese restaurants with a widespread selection to choose from. The ambience will give you a better time to relax and enjoy your Japanese dining. One of the best quality buffet restaurant with an ambience.