Shinkei Japanese Restaurant has closed.

Summary

Service3
Sashimi, Tempura, Yakitori, Chawanmushi, Homemade fish cake, sashimi, tempura, Aburi Salmon, Asari Clams, Calfornia Handroll, Salmon belly sashimi, Ninniku Yaki Meshi, Satsuma Age, Sweet Potato Roll, Takoyaki View all
Buffet, Dinner, After Work, Birthdays, Large Groups, Lunch, Anniversary, Children/Family, Business Dining, Ala Carte, Large Groups/Gathering, Relaxed, Chillout View all

Happy Happy & Will be Back

I won the 5&Dine contest from them. I decided to brought my family to try the foods.

The food was great. service was great and overall we did have an enjoyable time.

I like the spider handroll, cold noodle, chicken meat ball & of course the sashimi too.

my kids love the tempura prawns, crabmeat and egg ssushi.

anyway I feel worth the money

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Shinkei Japanese Restaurant

The worst experience I've ever had at a Japanese restaurant.

A completely abysmal experience, made an order at 11.30am, after 2 hours, our order hasn't even been completed.

Food isn't fantastic, and the servings are tiny. Even simple fried food takes forever to arrive, when it does, it's the wrong amount of food.

Food arrives at a glacial pace, terrible service, average food, above average price.

Please patronize this restaurant if you're hoping to drink lots of tea, and have a nice long conversation with your friends. You won't be doing much eating here.

Wide Selection and Delicious!

It is a gathering night with my friends and we have made a reservation with this new Japanese Restaurant. To our surprise the menu comes with so many dishes that we can choose from and I must say that even they have so many dishes on the menu, the taste of all the dishes that we have order was “OISHII”. Ambience was nice and staffs where very polite and efficient. There is one dish that is a must try, Satsuma Age, the homemade Japanese fish cake as it is so tasty!

1st Experience

Service was good. Food was not up to standard. Sad to say, i will not encourage a visit. Operating in a HDB area, I would expect them to serve more variety and better quality after all HDB dwellers have got high taste buds now and much better than those living in D 09 , 10 or 11. They make up of the bulk of business even in Orchard road areas and Shinkei:s standard in an important market is disappointing. They can ask for a slightly higher price but serve with value. I will not encourage any visiting to this restaurant.

Mediocre food for the price.

Decided to try out the buffet since 2nd person was 50% off. Started to order off the buffet menu and when food arrived it was rather disappointing. The salmon and maguro sashimi lacked color. Maguro not even red but pale in color. Salmon was tasteless. Overall, I think any supermarket's sashimi fared better than this place.  Ordered the tonkatsu and the size was a joke as it was a 1/3 the size of my samsung mobile phone. Although service was attentive and prompt in clearing empty plates and all, I really wouldn't recommend this place.

The management of (Closed) Shinkei Japanese Restaurant responded to this review:
23 Dec 2015
Dear ahsoka, Thank you for dining with us at Shinkei Japanese Restaurant. We had noted your feedback on the quality of our salmon and maguro sashimi. We will also bring your comment on the size of the tonkatsu to our kitchen team. Nonetheless, we are glad to know our service team served you well during your visit. We do hope to see you and serve you better next time! Yours sincerely, The Management Shinkei Japanese Restaurant

Eat to your heart's content @ Superb Environment!

I like this restaurant a lot cos of the spacious and comfortable seating. Been to a few Japanese ala carte buffet restaurant and this is the most relaxing and condusive place for meet up session with friends. There is a VIP room where we celebrated farewell and birthday parties for colleagues. The food is not superbly raving (you will be spoilt by the selection of food) but the sushi and fresh sashimi made up the total worth of our $. Highly recommend for friends who want to hang out for hours and not worried about been hassled out of the restaurant.