15 Sep 2014 • 211 reviews • 3 followers
After dining at the usual food outlets around the office, I would try to persuade my colleagues to go yonder and try out new dining places.
They were motivated one day and we visited this Thai restaurant located at Jalan Riang, in the middle of a landed residential estate.
We were glad we made the trip, cos the food were good!
Here are the highlights of our meal:
- Green Curry Chicken: This is one of the standard dishes that I will order when in a Thai restaurant. It didn't disappoint.
- Tom Yum Soup: chock-ful of squid, prawns and mushrooms. You can ask for different level of spiciness to suit your own tastebuds. Good.
- Fried Chye-poh Omelette: A thai take on the Chinese version. This was scrambled and had a lot of chye-poh (pickled radish) cooked in the omelette. Yummy!
- Yellow Curry Prawns: This is a must-order. Unlike the usual Thai green and red curry, it had a nice flavour and put on top of plain rice, it went well together. Loved it.
- Grilled Pork Neck: This was very good and we loved this dish. A Must-order, if you love pork.
- Grouper Fish: A whole fish in a fish-shaped metal pot and heated from below. The soup was tangy and sour, giving the dish a good 'kick'. Good to order if you have a group of at least 4, to share,.
- Deep fried chicken skin: This was also good. Crispy and crunchy. If not for my collleagues, I would have finished everything and feel guilty afterwards.
- Stir-fried Kang Kong: Greens stir-fried with garlic and oyster sauce.
- Mango and Glutinous Rice: The glutinous rice was warm and the mango was fresh. topped with coconut milk, a good end to the meal.
This is a nice place that you can come to enjoy authentic Thai food in a hidden location.