Reviews for Siam Society

Address: 15 Jalan Riang

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Authentic Thai food

I love thai food. I have even attended a cooking school in Thailand to learn to cook thai dishes. I'm always on the lookout for Thai restaurants in Singapore as well. Decided to give this restaurant a try on my birthday. My first thought was that the dishes may not be that authentic based on the decor of the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised that the dishes were pretty good and certainly very authentic as Thai cuisine. Ordered the Phad Thai, minced pork, Tom Yum Goong, Green curry with beef & fried chicken. They're all good.
• 11 Nov 2014 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Authentic Thai food

• 15 Sep 2014 • 130 reviews • 0 follower

Siam Society @ Jalan Riang Singapore – Good Siam food!

Overall
Entering the restaurant, you’ll get an immediate feel of how the food’s going to be like – with modern, sleek and all-black furniture, Siam Society’s no ordinary neighborhood joint. Naturally, the food dished out matches the aesthetic of the interior – a modern, yet still casual and accessible take on classic Thai.   Overall, we can see that Siam Society @ Jalan Riang definitely makes a concerted effort to ensure that there’s fresh and high quality ingredients in every one of the dishes. Not only were the mains on the whole good, the sauces that complemented the dishes were also stars in their own right. We highly recommend the Yellow Curry Prawn, Seabass, Tom Yum and Fried chicken skin – all absolute must tries!   Please refer to www.ieatandeat.com for details review.
  • Fried chicken skin
• 15 Sep 2014 • 339 reviews • 3 followers

Authentic Thai food off the beaten track

Overall
After dining at the usual food outlets around the office, I would try to persuade my colleagues to go yonder and try out new dining places.

They were motivated one day and we visited this Thai restaurant located at Jalan Riang, in the middle of a landed residential estate.

We were glad we made the trip, cos the food were good!

Here are the highlights of our meal:
- Green Curry Chicken: This is one of the standard dishes that I will order when in a Thai restaurant. It didn't disappoint.
- Tom Yum Soup: chock-ful of squid, prawns and mushrooms. You can ask for different level of spiciness to suit your own tastebuds. Good.
- Fried Chye-poh Omelette: A thai take on the Chinese version. This was scrambled and had a lot of chye-poh (pickled radish) cooked in the omelette. Yummy!
- Yellow Curry Prawns: This is a must-order. Unlike the usual Thai green and red curry, it had a nice flavour and put on top of plain rice, it went well together. Loved it.
- Grilled Pork Neck: This was very good and we loved this dish. A Must-order, if you love pork.
- Grouper Fish: A whole fish in a fish-shaped metal pot and heated from below. The soup was tangy and sour, giving the dish a good 'kick'. Good to order if you have a  group of at least 4, to share,.
- Deep fried chicken skin: This was also good. Crispy and crunchy. If not for my collleagues, I would have finished everything and feel guilty afterwards.
- Stir-fried Kang Kong: Greens stir-fried with garlic and oyster sauce.
- Mango and Glutinous Rice: The glutinous rice was warm and the mango was fresh. topped with coconut milk, a good end to the meal.

This is a nice place that you can come to enjoy authentic Thai food in a hidden location.
  • Green Curry Chicken