Steamed Seabass in Chili Lime7 votes
Birthdays4 votes

ieatandeat
 • Monday at 11:17pm 83 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Entering the restaurant, you’ll get an immediate feel of how the food’s going to be like – with modern, sleek and all-black furniture, Siam Society’s no ordinary neighborhood joint. Naturally, the food dished out matches the aesthetic of the interior – a modern, yet still casual and accessible take on classic Thai.

Overall, we can see that Siam Society @ Jalan Riang definitely makes a concerted effort to ensure that there’s fresh and high quality ingredients in every one of the dishes. Not only were the mains on the whole good, the sauces that complemented the dishes were also stars in their own right. We highly recommend the Yellow Curry Prawn, Seabass, Tom Yum and Fried chicken skin – all absolute must tries!

Please refer to www.ieatandeat.com for details review.

Must tries: Steamed Seabass in Chili Lime, Tom Yum Soup, Deep fried chicken skin, Yellow Curry Prawn

After Work, Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays, Boys Night Out
  • Tom yum soup
  • Steamed Seabass in Chilli Lime
  • Yellow curry prawn
  • Fried chicken skin

howinston
 • Monday at 12:13pm 87 reviews 0 follower
Overall
After dining at the usual food outlets around the office, I would try to persuade my colleagues to go yonder and try out new dining places.

They were motivated one day and we visited this Thai restaurant located at Jalan Riang, in the middle of a landed residential estate.

We were glad we made the trip, cos the food were good!

Here are the highlights of our meal:
- Green Curry Chicken: This is one of the standard dishes that I will order when in a Thai restaurant. It didn't disappoint.
- Tom Yum Soup: chock-ful of squid, prawns and mushrooms. You can ask for different level of spiciness to suit your own tastebuds. Good.
- Fried Chye-poh Omelette: A thai take on the Chinese version. This was scrambled and had a lot of chye-poh (pickled radish) cooked in the omelette. Yummy!
- Yellow Curry Prawns: This is a must-order. Unlike the usual Thai green and red curry, it had a nice flavour and put on top of plain rice, it went well together. Loved it.
- Grilled Pork Neck: This was very good and we loved this dish. A Must-order, if you love pork.
- Grouper Fish: A whole fish in a fish-shaped metal pot and heated from below. The soup was tangy and sour, giving the dish a good 'kick'. Good to order if you have a  group of at least 4, to share,.
- Deep fried chicken skin: This was also good. Crispy and crunchy. If not for my collleagues, I would have finished everything and feel guilty afterwards.
- Stir-fried Kang Kong: Greens stir-fried with garlic and oyster sauce.
- Mango and Glutinous Rice: The glutinous rice was warm and the mango was fresh. topped with coconut milk, a good end to the meal.

This is a nice place that you can come to enjoy authentic Thai food in a hidden location.

Must tries: Green Curry Chicken, Tom Yum Soup, Fried Chye-poh Omelette, Yellow Curry Prawns, Grilled pork neck, Grouper Fish, Deep fried chicken skin, Stir-fried Kang Kong, Mango and Glutinous Rice

Ala Carte, Birthdays, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch

furball
 • 14 Sep 2014 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Just visited Siam Society yesterday with a bunch of friends for a birthday. The staff was so friendly and helpful the service is definitely commendable!

We had salted egg with squid, basil chicken, stir-fried morning glory, tofu with thai sauce, green curry chicken, tom yum soup, phad thai, and a mango salad. The food was great! Our serving of green curry was thick and creamy and what hits the best note of the dinner for me was the basil chicken and tom yum soup, probably since the spiciness was amazing! Everything else was delicious too but a couple of dishes could be improved. No complaints though! The value was fine but servings weren't big enough perhaps since we were big eaters?

It was a pity some of my friends weren't fans of pork so I think I'll be back to try the raved pork dishes!!

Must tries: Basil Chicken