Back to SKIRTW Singapore - Sentosa Cove, 21 Ocean Way

Birthdays5 votes

Natalie Kim
 • 14 Jul 2014 25 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Came with my girls on a friday night, the place was not very packed and we were all excited to dine at skirt.

We were seated in a cosy booth seat, loved the ambiance and we also love the view from the restaurant.

We ordered a few sides, some meats to share and 2 cocktails each.

The cocktails were potent! We loved it with the freshly baked bread. it was superb.

The service was swift and our food arrived promptly.

The steaks however were a let down, they were small, and rather over cooked, as we all ordered medium rare, it was actually more on the medium side. I still prefere cut for steaks, the steaks at skirt lacks flavour and dept.

Overall a great girls night out, wouldent come back for the food, but for a nice time in sentosa, this is a great choice.

Also good for endless summer after parties!

Dear Natalie Kim,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are delighted that you have much enjoyed the ambiance and the service from our team and especially our hand crafted cocktail that compliments your overall dining experience.

Your concern about the food has been addressed to our chef and culinary team for improvement. We hope that you will take this as an isolated issue and ensure that such experience will not re occur. We apologize and looking forward to serve you in the near future.

15 July 2014

feleats
 • 13 Jul 2014 11 reviews 0 follower
Foccacia bread

A warm foccacia bread roll was served after our orders were placed and it came with a seaweed dip and chorizo lard oil. I must say that I really prefer this to the usual olive oil. I may be bias to anything seaweed - just like how I love Macdonald's seaweed shaker fries! The dips were so good that we finished the entire loaf!

King Prawns Split and Peppered SGD25

I was happy that the prawns were fat and juicy enough, such that it still remains delicious after being split up. As a result of grilling, the prawns were slightly charred and gave a tinge of smokiness to the taste. In addition, the natural sweetness of the prawn was retained and was overall, a delightful and enjoyable appetizer.

BBQ Sauce | Apple Bourbon
Rosemary Salt | Roasted Garlic Salt | Smoked Salt

A traditional BBQ sauce to go with the steaks, and also 3 variations of salt were served just before our mains. They also had an apple bourbon shot which functions as a palate cleanser and it was very refreshing!
Skirt 3 Mustards

At SKIRT, they have 12 condiments which are available for you to go with your steak. We requested for 8 different types to have a try and these included the Skirt 3 Mustards, Chocolate Bourbon Sauce, Horseradish Cream, Red wine and Marrow Sauce, Four Peppercorn Sauce and Taragon Bearnaise.

I had the Tajima Australian Sirloin (medium) as my main, and it came beautifully grilled. My boyfriend had the signature Skirt Steak (medium rare) and it was slightly more charred than the sirloin. Both the steaks had perfect amounts of marbling that rendered each bite a juicy and heavenly experience. The steaks were quite tender and had just enough fats. The Skirt Steak had a tinge of the intentional charred flavor and a richer taste, and was my choice steak between the two. Trying my steak with the different condiments was quite an experience, and I've found my personal favorites to be the smoked salt and four peppercorn sauce. Nevertheless, the other condiments such as the chocolate bourbon sauce were also great pairings with the steak.

Each steak was served with a clove of soft garlic, which enhanced the flavor of the steak. Definitely not to be avoided, especially for those who are skeptical of the strong garlic-y taste!

We had the asparagus and mushroom as sides to share along with our main. The asparagus were fat, crunchy and had the fragrance of the burnt butter. However, I felt that the dish could do with a tad more seasoning. The portobello mushroom on the other hand, was full of flavor - definitely not easy to whip up such a deceptively easy-looking mushroom dish!

Full review at FelEats

After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Business Dining

Dear feleats,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad to learn that you have such a wonderful dining experience in SKIRT. Your generous and detail comments about our cuisine are much appreciated and we are looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

15 July 2014

Bryan Lim
 • 05 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
my wife and I love steaks and we usually go to morton's, cut, no menu restaurant and others to have steak.

Brought my wife to Skirt for her birthday after reading positive reviews from ladyironchef on their steaks but what a mistake we had made.

We we had the Blackmore skirt steak($68 - which you would assume is their signature given that they named the restaurant after it) and a sirloin steak ($106).  Sides include a cheesy Gratin and mushrooms.

long story short, the skirt steak was almost inedible. I had ordered a medium steak but when it came it was like rubber. I was struggling to chew through the steak.

About the sirlion, it was okay but lacked flavor. Overall, for the price paid, you would be getting a great fillet migon and porterhouse at mortons. I would never come back again.

When i brought up the issue to the waiters. They assured me that they informed the chef but nothin was done.  So thumbs down again. Service overall was attentive but still when such a serous mistake is done you would expect something in return.

Dear Bryan Lim,
Thank you for taking your time to share your dining experience with us at SKIRT.
Please accept our apologies and we had addressed your valuable feedback with our Chef and culinary team.
We hope that you would consider this as a one off experience and will come back to dine with us again.

07 May 2014