Review for SKIRT

AmericanSteak and GrillsWestern
feleats • 13 Jul 2014 • 11 Reviews • 0 Follower

Date night

Foccacia bread

A warm foccacia bread roll was served after our orders were placed and it came with a seaweed dip and chorizo lard oil. I must say that I really prefer this to the usual olive oil. I may be bias to anything seaweed - just like how I love Macdonald's seaweed shaker fries! The dips were so good that we finished the entire loaf!

King Prawns Split and Peppered SGD25

I was happy that the prawns were fat and juicy enough, such that it still remains delicious after being split up. As a result of grilling, the prawns were slightly charred and gave a tinge of smokiness to the taste. In addition, the natural sweetness of the prawn was retained and was overall, a delightful and enjoyable appetizer.

BBQ Sauce | Apple Bourbon
Rosemary Salt | Roasted Garlic Salt | Smoked Salt

A traditional BBQ sauce to go with the steaks, and also 3 variations of salt were served just before our mains. They also had an apple bourbon shot which functions as a palate cleanser and it was very refreshing!
Skirt 3 Mustards

At SKIRT, they have 12 condiments which are available for you to go with your steak. We requested for 8 different types to have a try and these included the Skirt 3 Mustards, Chocolate Bourbon Sauce, Horseradish Cream, Red wine and Marrow Sauce, Four Peppercorn Sauce and Taragon Bearnaise.

I had the Tajima Australian Sirloin (medium) as my main, and it came beautifully grilled. My boyfriend had the signature Skirt Steak (medium rare) and it was slightly more charred than the sirloin. Both the steaks had perfect amounts of marbling that rendered each bite a juicy and heavenly experience. The steaks were quite tender and had just enough fats. The Skirt Steak had a tinge of the intentional charred flavor and a richer taste, and was my choice steak between the two. Trying my steak with the different condiments was quite an experience, and I've found my personal favorites to be the smoked salt and four peppercorn sauce. Nevertheless, the other condiments such as the chocolate bourbon sauce were also great pairings with the steak.

Each steak was served with a clove of soft garlic, which enhanced the flavor of the steak. Definitely not to be avoided, especially for those who are skeptical of the strong garlic-y taste!

We had the asparagus and mushroom as sides to share along with our main. The asparagus were fat, crunchy and had the fragrance of the burnt butter. However, I felt that the dish could do with a tad more seasoning. The portobello mushroom on the other hand, was full of flavor - definitely not easy to whip up such a deceptively easy-looking mushroom dish!

Full review at FelEats
Recommended for
After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Business Dining
Overall
    The management of SKIRT responded to this review:
    15 Jul 2014
    Dear feleats,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad to learn that you have such a wonderful dining experience in SKIRT. Your generous and detail comments about our cuisine are much appreciated and we are looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Regards