Review for Sofra Turkish Cafe & Restaurant

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884
28 Apr 2012 • 40 Reviews • 1 Follower

Don't let the quality drop!

Overall
I've been going to Sofra for years, and continue to do so. Great food, reasonable prices, good service, good variety.

A couple of disturbing things though, and I'm mentioning this so that the management can do something about it:

Portions and prices: Recently the prices went up slightly, that is understandable. But when one of my favourite dishes, the Chef's Plate, became smaller at the same time, that is Not A Good Thing. At the very least it should be the same size if you're charging more.

Used to be that I could barely finish the Chef's Plate; the last two times I had it I came away still hungry.

Management - your response please.

Cleanliness: Sofra is a clean place. However, one time I went, probably around November of 2011, I went to the cash register to pick up my change, and I saw on the wall behind the register, which leads to the kitchen, 4 or 5 cockroaches scrambling around. It was shocking, and as that was in plain sight where the staff are all day, they had to know.

As a result I as really put off on the place and didn't return for a few months.

Last time I went, a couple of weeks ago, I checked and didn't see it, I just hope they did a good job of getting rid of them.

Management - your response please.