Review for &SONS

EuropeanItalian
Address: #01-19, China Square Central, 20 Cross Street, 048422
05 May 2014

good experience

I personally do not write reviews but i really enjoyed &sons and its service.

While the portion is small, but its delicate. the service is also good, and totally not like how the reviews below have stated.

I feel that the price is also reasonable for italian food, and everything was just really nice!

i will recommend people to eat here! :) ive eaten here twice already within this year :D and i loved it! Must try their pork dishes!

More reviews of &SONS

Good for lunch :)

Full review HERE

Good place for lunch - affordable and good food. We had pasta and salmon and both were enjoyable.
Will be back. Enterainer offers also available so we're looking forward to trying dinner too.

value for money lunch

&SONS Bacaro, located at China Square, offers hearty good value lunches.

At a recent visit, I had the Carbonara ($8) - done in a Singaporean way - lots of sauce and cream, which was fine except that it had a lavendar after taste to it that I did not quite like which could have been due to the use of some olive oil.

Also from the pasta menu was the Beef Cheek Ravioli ($10). This dish was wonderful and is a must try at the restaurant. The beef cheek melts in the mouth and pairs well with the rich cream sauce.

For my main course I had the Beef Sirloin ($12),a relatively large 250 g piece of beef done medium that retained its juices. Not the best quality of meat but at this price point one cannot complain.

I got upsold on a drink of Amalfi Lemon Lemonade ($6) which was just diluted lemon juice.  Beware of the drinks upsell.

Overall though, not the most fantastic of food, but at this price point it offers really good value, which is why it can be very popular at lunch.

still waiting...

Wife raves about it. Her food was fine but i sent mine back twice: once for cold potatoes and second as the chicken was burnt and tough as old boots. Yes they took it off the bill but im left holding my knife and fork and nothing else. Lunch time over....next time ask me if i want it replaced or if i want to order something else.

Perfect for small-eaters

For a full review, please visit: http://foodiepink.com/2014/11/13/sons-bacaro-china-square-central/. Enjoy :)

"During lunchtime, SONS Bacaro is crazily-crowded, thanks to their irresistible set lunch menus. While I never seem to have any luck in getting a table during lunch, I was here for dinner instead. I love the atmosphere of the restaurant in the evening – dim lightings and an air-well that lets the soft light reflect against the monochrome-checkered floor; the entire space looked like the interiors of a contemporary, upscale hotel. The concept of the restaurant is all about small plates. The menu is categorised into harvest, bread, pasta and so on. It’s like tapas, but in modern Italian style."
Overall

CHECK YOUR BILL CLOSELY!!!

Went there afterwork with a group of friends, had some drinks and food.
Had good moments until the bill came.
We noticed we were overcharged. Just two of us had some homemade coffee liquor shots: they charged 32 of them, but in a sneaky way, under some different names.
Even the manager seems to be part of the fraud:
- First words were ok we can cancel some drinks but not more than 7. As if we was used to those requests.
We went over the bill with the whole staff but even if they knew some of the drinks were not ours they just didn't care.
I've never been treated that way.

Place might be just fine for lunch but they really do not deserve any dollar.

Should have called the police to sort the all story out but who wants so waste it's Friday night?

DO NOT GO!