Back to Spices CafeConcorde Hotel Singapore, 100 Orchard Road

Buffet12 votes

Amanda Tran
 • 14 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
So suprised that this buffet could touch my taste. I do not like the bufffet with many food but all are just so so. This place is different. They do not have huge range of food but its really great. I have 1 half grilled lobster and free flow of 5 different cooked crab dishes served by order. I voted for this because of these:
- Fresh seafood: even the cooked food like prawns and crabs. I were so impressed with the herbal soup with very fresh prawns, must try this.
- Nice cooked food. I rarely eat cooked food at buffet coz they were so oily but i did try most of food here. Less choice but good food.
- Here does not have many kind of salad, bread and chesse, but i think its enough, coz i dont come to buffet to eat those things.
- Very nice staff, especially the waitresses. I am a woman but i have to say so. They are pretty, warm and professional.
- One more point for the buffet table area. You come and see.

Must tries: Herbal soup with prawn

After Work

Frozen
 • 15 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We celebrated our girl's birthday there in June. We were pleasantly surprised by the marked improvement in the quality and variety of their buffet spread. Even the service standard has improved since our last visit two years back.

Certainly an ideal place for a family lunch within orchard but away from the crowd.
Buffet

XinLi88
 • 06 Sep 2013 130 reviews 8 followers
Overall
The Harvest of the Sea Buffet features an a la carte buffet menu of crabs and one serving of complimentary lobster prepared with Cheese, Thai BBQ or XO sauce. Of the three options for the lobster, the cheese was the most popular among my family. Both the Thai BBQ and XO were rather disappointing.

As for the crabs, the sauce was spot on but among the 4-6 crabs we had, most of them weren't fresh. The flesh was powdery in stead of succulent which was a major damper for the crab feast.

The actual buffet line was slightly better compared to the a la carte buffet menu. Although the items available was limited for its price, some of the items were not bad at all. Items such as the Herbal Prawns at their only live station was worth trying, we had seconds if not thirds of it.

The appetizer or salad bar area was not bad too with tasty and savoury salads. The mains which include grilled lamb was good as was the Chinese styled cooked vegetables with scallops.

The desserts however was just so so however. Only the burbur chacha was good.

The staff cleared our plates pretty quickly.

Buffet, Children/Family, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering