Summary

Isabella pizza, Barbara, Commodo salad., Lasagna, Olivia pizza, Salads, calamari (Caligola), quinta View all
Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Children/Family, Take Away, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, Quiet View all

Good Italian Food At Affordable Prices

Full Spizza review here

A popular Italian restaurant, Spizza attracts the crowds with their thin crust, wood-fired pizzas, big and bold flavours, and affordable pricing. I'm impressed that Spizza is able to keep prices slightly lower than other Italian restaurants, despite using specially crafted wood-fired ovens, importing their ingredients from Italy, and hand-making some items in-house.

Spizza staff are professional and efficient, though the younger / newer staff have trouble with menu / product knowledge. In general, I find the service at Spizza to be good, and staff are able to handle special requests well.

The Beef Carpaccio with Rucola Salad and shaved Parmesan Cheese has nice, thinly sliced beef with a light marinade of lemon juice and olive oil. Slight twist on the vegetables, with rucola instead of the standard arugula. This traditional Italian dish is a good appetizer to start off the meal.

The Ursula Pizza consists of a pizza base topped with tomato, mascarpone, spinach, smoked salmon and capers. The smoked salmon and capers lend a burst of briny saltiness to each bite of the pizza. Nice, but a little overwhelming in a large quantity.

The Tiramisu here is a house made special, and is rich and decadent. Really good! Differs from the traditional Italian dessert with the use of sponge cake instead of biscuit fingers.

Most helpful reviews for Spizza (Jalan Kayu)

Unacceptable delay for food self collection

Food/Drink 1 | Value 1 | Ambience N/A | Service 1

Ordered self collection pizza combo for lunch at Jalan Kayu outlet today.

I was told to pick up 30mins after order confirmation.

Halfway through the wait, Spizza staff called to ask for 15mins more to prepare the food. I said ok.

I arrived at the outlet exactly 45mins after i placed my order to collect and were informed that my order is not ready and ask me to wait a while more.

This "a while more" turns out to be another 30mins.

There was no dine in customer at that time I asked why is it taking so long. The staff said that there was some problems with the oven earlier. But I saw that the oven preparing my pizza is charcoal fired. So not sure what kind of problems the oven is having earlier, like no charcoal to burn?

So after collecting the food after a 1hr 15 min wait (originally told 30mins + 45mins late), I rush home to feed my hungry young child and wife but found that the garlic bread has turned cold and rubbery. The crispy chicken wings side order had turned cold and hard as well.

I believe the garlic bread and chicken wings must have been prepared much earlier and waited together with me in the restuarant for 45mins while waiting for the pizza.

We ended up throwing all the garlic bread away.

This is my first time ordering from them and very sure it will be the last.

If in the first instance they informed me that it will take 1hr 15mins instead of the original 30mins, I would have just cancelled the order.

I was first recommend by a friend to order from Spizza, unfortunately now I am going to recommend the rest of my friends NOT to order from them.

Way too overpriced and food sucks

my meal for 3 at Ippudo was $130. my meal here was $90 and the food sucks. it's wayyy too overpriced. hawker western food is better.

Wonderful First Visit

Wonderful first time experience here at Spizza Jalan Kayu. We were served by a wonderful lady server, who informed us of the promotions available for lunch - our first time here.

Had a bruschetta paired with a medium seafood pizza at a lunch promo price. The 1 for 1 iced-lemon tea was a welcome. The service was quick and the pizza was delicious. Crispy thin crust with seafood freshness oozing out of every bite. One of the few pizzas that did not require any additional Parmesan cheese or tobacco sauce. Would definitely visit again during lunch.

Needs to improve

Expensive for an out of town pizza parlor. Water glass not that clean. construction worker's dormitory nearby. not worth paying the price.

Look elsewhere for pizza

Seriously? I know it's touted as an up-market pizza joint but frankly I can get better food and service at Pizza Hut just down the road. Miserable service, no customer engagement, frankly appalling food and, when we complained to Spizza, we got a lame reply saying they were busy with take away orders and will do better next time. Here is the news..in todays super competitive F & B market, there is no next time, especially if you are charging top dollar.