Reviews for Spizzico

EuropeanItalianWestern

Book a Table

Huey

Value for money Executive Lunch

I have been a regular of Spizzico but it's my first weekday lunch - specially here to check out the Executive Set Lunch menu after spying the lunch menu during dinner 2 weeks ago, and to celebrate my sister's birthday. ;) Ordered 4 executive set lunches, which is a steal at $23,90 each, comprising starter, main and coffee/tea plus house dessert (panna cota or choc ice-cream). We had the signature mushroom soup, soup-of-the-day cream of broccoli, caesar salad, mains 2x ribeye (v tender and juicy in mushroom sauce), softshell crab pasta (v tangy - thumbs-up!) and Spizzico pizza (generous topping of parma ham, rocket n cheese on tomato base). We also ordered a super-value lunch pasta Penne Sausage Arrabiata at $8.50 that was delicious! Definitely a satisfying and good value quality lunch! Great service makes the meal extra pleasant. :)
03 Feb 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

WARNING: DO NOT COME HERE.

DO NOT COME HERE.

I bought the groupon voucher, hoping to use it on valentine's day because it did not specify any terms about not being able to use it on14th February. However, when I called on 3 Feb at 2.15pm, one of the service staff said that the voucher could not be used on that day. He communicated as the middleman between his boss and me. I explained to him that the terms of the voucher did not specify that restriction. However, the boss did not try in any way to explain in any way to me, THE CUSTOMER, any legitimate reason for not being able to use the voucher, except that it was simply, "cannot use". Even when I asked to speak to the boss, he refused to speak to me. WHAT'S MORE, he even said that I could return the groupon voucher to get my money back if I "wasn't happy". That attitude is utterly dreadful and disgusting. Do not come to this restaurant if you want to be treated like a customer. Terrible experience.
07 Mar 2014 • 27 reviews • 1 follower

Value for money Executive Lunch

• Ribeye
19 Jul 2013 • 252 reviews • 8 followers

simple yet delightful end-of-meal tiramisu

Click here: http://dairycream.blogspot.sg/2013/07/spizzico-ristorante-italiano.html for full post Spizzico is a cosy Italian restaurant located at UE Square which has been established since 2000. I was quite surprised by its extensive selection of food and it even has an alfresco dining area for those who prefer outdoors. The menu stays close to a traditional Italian style, from soup, salad, cold appetizer, hot appetizers... to risottos, pastas, seafood, carne (meat) and of course desserts.   But we could not wait and jumped right into the hot appetizer section. Nothing could go severely wrong when fresh squid is used to make this Golden Calamari rings ($18) instead of rubbery frozen kinds. These lightly-battered sotongs are better off on its own instead of being dipped into the Diabolo sauce, which may overpower the original taste the meat. Not sure if the flat pasta was undercooked as it was rather tough and not anywhere near "char kway teow" nor "hor fun" like the owner humorously quipped. However, the saffron sauce with sundried tomato was not too cheesy along with some fresh, bouncy scallops & prawns. For my main course of seafood, I tend to avoid cod fish but this was not overwhelming rich with nicely browned edges. The Cream Wasabi Sauce was slightly too sweet and would prefer it to be sharper. From the Meat, the highly anticipated beef tenderloin was too thick and thus there was not much taste from the meat or the little sauce. At $42, the quality was not convincing and thus I would still recommend their thin crust pizzas. We were surprised when the Smoked Salmon Pizza ($20) looked like it had just travelled out from the forest with the lush canopy of wild rocket. It was not spicy as I expected, but the bright flavors of capers and onions complemented the smoked salmon very well. Not everyone might be fond of the wobbly Pannacotta ($12) but I do. It was not sweet at all and the dark golden brown caramel sauce was bitter, just the way it should be. On the hindsight, the Cassata($12), a traditional Italian dessert of semifreddo, dried fruits and chocolate sponge was nothing very special. Think ice cream parfait with harder texture. After coming across many mediocre tiramisu at restaurants, Spizzico's version ($12) was a pleasant surprise with moist sponges and traceable amounts of coffee liquor. A simple yet delightful end-of-meal desserts to have. Overall, the food here is relatively sound and I would stick to the pizza, pastas and desserts instead of the seafood/meat course. But what is heartening to know is that the ingredients used at Spizzico are fresh and the sauces are made from scratch. While this place gives me a prim and proper feel with neatly ironed table sheets and heavy utensils, I can imagine it to be a suitable location for families and couples to enjoy quality fare away from the crowds.
  • cream wasabi fish @dairycream.blogspot