Back to SprucePhoenix Park, 320 Tanglin Road

Weddings3 votes

theengineerchef
 • Thursday at 12:58am 13 reviews 0 follower
For full review, please visit my blog The Engineer Chef:

My Cajun Prawns Benedict ($25) was beautifully stacked and decorated with edible flowers. In terms of taste, I thought my dish was not bad, just not exceptional. The bagel was okay, the poached egg was good, but the prawns was rather off. They were seasoned well and I could taste the cajun zing, but the prawns were not as fresh as they should be. Overall, perhaps an addition of a side vegetables would complete the dish.

My friend's Spruce Signature Steak Benedict ($31) indeed deserved the "signature" title. I was salivating just by looking at the succulent steak chunks. This was a clever play of steak in breakfast. The dish as a whole package tasted pleasant, and I love the juicy beef cubes! If I had to come back, this would be the dish I would order.

Both of us were still hungry after finishing our benedicts, so we decided to order the Mac and Cheese ($10) which was sold as a side dish. The Mac and Cheese had a nice golden brown crust on top, and creamy runny cheesy blend at the bottom. My friend who is a big fan of cheesy dish love the dish, although in my opinion I would prefer more cheddar in my mac and cheese.

I would have to say that the drink selections at Spruce is less than other places. No fancy milkshake, no fancy hot drinks. I had Iced Tea ($6) as drinks and my friend had the Spruce Lemonade with Mint ($6).

Overall, my experience at Spruce was not bad. The dishes were creative and different from your typical brunch restaurants. They were pleasant to eat but perhaps not the best of the bests. The downside was the al fresco seating that did not exert a positive sunny brunch aura. Will I come back? Yes.

Must tries: Spruce Signature Steak Benny

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Breakfast, Brunch, Business Dining, Children/Family, Lunch, People Watching, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates

Hye Young Kim
 • 16 Apr 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The ambience is nice by surrounging forrest, and it would be good place fore brunch or dinner with wine.
I am kind of health concerner so the burger and risotto was too salty to me, but gingseng dessert was so good!

Must tries: ginger pudding with toffee

• Ginseng pudding
  • Mushroom risotto
  • Recommended burger

stephanie banas
 • 07 Mar 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Best place for small, exclusive gathering. We reserved thier function which is good for 16 pax for our dinner with our friends to celebrate our civil wedding. Thier food was absolutely awesome and worth the price. Thier sommelier (elgen which is the asst. mgr) made a very nice wine suggestion for our group. Thier staffs are professional and never make any disturbance while serving our group. All of them are attentive, friendly and polite. Because of this, our simple quiet (not literallyQuiet!Became memorable and amazing experience not only for us but for our friends also.

They help us to call for a cab that night. special mention for mr. Elgen and his staffs.

Thank you for a wonderful experience, you'll never regret to be In this place!!

Must tries: spruce signature burger

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, Birthdays, Brunch, Hidden Find, Private Dining, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists