Stammtisch has closed.

Summary

Raclette (melted swiss cheese), pork knuckle, Cheese fondue, Crispy Pork Knuckle, Beef Fondue, Lamb Chops, Pickled Pork Knuckle, Sliced Dried Beef, Sliced chicken with rosti potato and salad, barley cream soup, cheese fondue, goulash soup, sausages, sliced veal cooked zurich style with rosti, soups View all
Dinner, Children/Family, Quiet, After Work, Hidden Find, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, Live Band, Lunch View all

Stammtisch has closed

We've been going back for 12 years. Regrettably, Stammtisch has now closed. Bernard and his family have relocated back to Switzerland.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Stammtisch

Best pork knuckle in singapore!

Good Pork knuckle at a good price. The meat is soft enough to be comparable with herbal chicken and skin similar to roast pork. Well suited for the Singaporean taste. At just 36 dollars, The pork knuckle is also large enough to be shared by 2 guys or 3 girls.

Unless of course, you are a very big eater.

Ambience is pretty good with very typical furniture that you will find in Swiss and german restaurants. However , I am not sure if there isn't aircon or It just happen to be switched off. Spoilt Singaporeans do not like that aspect of authenticity if it is.

Service was extremely fast, maybe due to the aspect that I went there at 6 and was the only customer around. The restaurant owner is also around available for a chat. Then again, it could still be attributed to the none-peak timing.

An advice for those on a budget would be to just order a dish to share. I find the price pretty reasonable. Of course, if you were to order a sampler or a platter, you would get variety at the expense of cost.

Yummy food

We ate dinner here tonight and really enjoyed the food. We had the fried mushrooms, really tasty. I had pork schnitzel, my husband had chicken cordon blue. We also had the raclette. Our food was all very traditional, and reminded me of my grandmother's cooking, and of food we tried on a trip to Geneva. It was hearty and tasty, a real treat for when you can't look at another rice dish.

Solid Swiss restaurant

Good Swiss food, not over the top, but reasonably priced. Friendly, not pushy service, nice athmosphere.

I like Swiss dishes sometimes, and this is my first choice.

cheese heaven

Used to study in one of the schools down the road and every bus ride home, I'd pass by stammtisch and the whole row of other restaurants (which i have yet to try but would love to eventually). It's been a few years since I graduated and after all those years of looking at the sign board and banner advertising cheese fondue longingly, I finally got to try it! :) trooped down last Sunday evening with my family for a meal. Made reservations first just in case, and I believe it was the owner who took the reservation. He asked if I would like the pork knuckles straightaway (think it's customary.. it probably gives them some ahead time to prepare the dish and the waiting time wouldn't be too long - quite a win-win right? but that's only if you call up to make reservations!)

The rain stopped by 7pm, and it was just lovely walking in and seeing this really friendly face (the waiter) who ushered us to our seats. we had a nice booth to ourselves.. quite big for 5 ppl actually, but nice soft cushions so i'm not complaining. Water served immediately. The menu was thankfully not too long :) We ordered 3 soups, one of each on the menu to share. The hungarian goulash was chunky and hearty, tomato cream had a nice sour punch to it, and the cream of mushroom was just delightful! loved it. Soup was served with bread and butter! We all agreed the bread was lovely.

Main courses: cheese fondue!! (min for 2), pork knuckles, rib eye, sliced veal cooked zurich style with rosti. Got to sample all of the main courses. The ?head chef i believe, came checking on us every few moments and taught us how to enjoy the fondue :) The fondue was my main course so i was stuffing myself with bread and cheese. For a cheese lover like me, I was in pure heaven. The cheese was just the right creaminess, with lovely white-wine flavour coming through. Too bad there wasn't a single serving for cheese fondue. The min was two orders.. and since mom and dad aren't huge cheese lovers, and my sis and bro both had their main course, it was quite difficult to finish the fondue. somehow I just felt I should finish it, to show the chef how much I liked it. And I did! But next time, I will be ordering the sliced veal cooked zurich style with rosti potatoes. It is YUM! the rosti was so much better than the ones at marche. And I really liked the cream sauce with the veal. Another item on the menu I hope to try is the beef fondue.. it sounds gooooood.

My family was impressed the pork knuckle. I really liked it too. Soft, tender meat, crispy and tasty skin, dipped in gravy... very comforting to eat. The rib eye was not too bad as well.. can't compare to Morton's of course, but it's pretty good, though I think my bro should have ordered medium rare instead of medium well.. it might've been more tender.

We were too stuffed for dessert. Maybe next time! 15% discount for UOB card holders I think? In total, it was about $30 per person. Not too expensive for a nicer than usual meal in a small but cozy restaurant with good service and an attentive chef who comes to check on us to make sure everything's ok :) Hope to go back again!