Summary

Service3
Belgium Waffle with ice cream, Red Velvet Waffle, Blackforest Waffle, Earl Grey Babyccino, Honey thick toast with ice cream., S'more Waffles, Stateland Honey Toast, Toffee Nut Waffle View all
Brunch, After Work, Chillout, High Tea, Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy, Ala Carte, Breakfast, Hidden Find, Nice Deco, Relaxed View all

Lunch at Stateland Cafe

rRead more at http://paradiseger.blogspot.sg/2014/05/andrews-birthday-lunch-at-stateland-cafe.html

The cafe has numerous food selection ranging from American style to French, Italian that will suit the different taste buds of individuals. Most importantly, it serves all-day breakfast. Just looking at the menu made me drool.

I ordered Eggs Style. The scrambled egg was delicious. The texture was soft and slightly running. Just perfect for me.

We also tried the signature Red Velvet Waffle with cream cheese and vanilla ice cream. This was one of the best waffles I ever had, The waffle was crispy on the outer and fluffy on the inner. Every mouth was full of flavour.

Most helpful reviews for Stateland Cafe

Bad service, low-quality food

I'm writing this review from right inside the cafe. The red velvet waffle was dry. There clearly wasn't enough batter and it was clearly left in the waffle iron for too long. Not impressed. We ordered the big breakfast which was a joke. How can you call a breakfast "big" with only one strip of bacon? In any case, since we were sharing this meal, we ordered extra egg and three strips of bacon... Which they forgot to serve. To top it off, the chicken sausage was not thoroughly cooked. That's the best way to give you customers salmonella. Not worth it. There are better brunch places in this area like Artistry and The Beast.

Disappointed service

Double standard practice seen at Stateland cafe on 14 April.

Initially sat on the ground floor. Despite having 2 aircons in the cafe, it is still very stuffy. Upon seeing other customers head up to the upper level, my friend proceeded to check if second level will be cooler. It was indeed way cooler and she saw seats that cater to 4 pax.

We brought our glasses along and while we are walking towards the staircase landing, we are stopped by the staff. She claimed that second level is strictly reserved for big groups. We are in a group of 3 and since there are seats that cater to 4 on the upper level, I don't understand why we are forbidden to head up. We were later told that her boss doesn't allow us to walk up.

Doesn't really matter.. So, we kindly approach the same staff to ask if she could adjust the aircon temp to a little lower but her response was "it is already the coolest". Tone used was not appropriate to customers. When the meals were served, she then said her boss decides to allow us to change seats to upper level? While the food and drinks have all arrived? Wow. -.-

That aside, the mentaiko pasta was way too salty for our liking.

I doubt I will patronize again.

BAD SERVICE AND AMBIENCE

Weather is so hot and the cafe is so stuffy, I wanted to move to level 2 where it's cooler but staff forbid me. When asked to blast to air con they reply it's already the coolest. Food is also too salty. Not gonna patron this cafe again!

Good flavours, bad waffles

Whoever who claims that the waffles here are good must be referring to the combination of toppings/ flavours, because the texture of waffles leaves very much to be desired.

I couldn't tell that these were meant to be Belgian waffles at all - a proper Belgian waffle would consist of a nice, crisp exterior and a soft, eggy interior. While not the toughest waffles I've eaten, the waffle by itself is bland and a little hard.

That being said, plating is beautiful and the combination of flavours marvellous. I enjoyed the S'more waffle with melted marshmallow and speculoos biscuit, topped with a lovely dark chocolate sorbet which was unquestionably the star of the dish. The sorbet provided much needed moisture to the waffle, softening it up and melding the flavours of marshmallow, biscuit and crisp cocoa waffle base together.

Come here if you enjoy a nice hideout from the hordes of tourists swarming Haji Lane. Currently, Stateland is home to Brother Bird as well, which serves nice (but not excellent) soft serve on rice donuts. Convenient if you want to sample desserts from the two different franchises in one place.

Standard has dropped drastically

A more comprehensive review can be found at SWEET ADDICTIONS!

I had different experiences going to Stateland Cafe twice.

Back in 2014, my sister, her boyfriend, my cousin and I were very impressed by the Red Velvet Waffles and Classic Honey Toast served there. We also enjoyed the cozy ambiance filled with comfy couches and fun plushies to play with.

However, when I went back with my close friend three months back, we totally decided not to come back to this cafe again. The taste of the S'mores Yeasted Waffles and Matcha Honey Toast were to overwhelming and dry for us and we could not finish it. It was too much for us to bear. We wished we did not pay SGD$14.90 each for it. The only saving grace was the sweet server who gave me a complimentary scoop of matcha ice-cream as I requested for it since the original scoop was melting quickly on top of the warm toast.