Review for Stateland Cafe

AmericanAsianEuropeanFrenchIndianWestern
Address: 30 Bali Lane, 189866
25 May 2014

Lunch at Stateland Cafe

rRead more at http://paradiseger.blogspot.sg/2014/05/andrews-birthday-lunch-at-stateland-cafe.html

The cafe has numerous food selection ranging from American style to French, Italian that will suit the different taste buds of individuals. Most importantly, it serves all-day breakfast. Just looking at the menu made me drool.

I ordered Eggs Style. The scrambled egg was delicious. The texture was soft and slightly running. Just perfect for me.

We also tried the signature Red Velvet Waffle with cream cheese and vanilla ice cream. This was one of the best waffles I ever had, The waffle was crispy on the outer and fluffy on the inner. Every mouth was full of flavour.
Red Velvet Waffle

More reviews of Stateland Cafe

Good flavours, bad waffles

Whoever who claims that the waffles here are good must be referring to the combination of toppings/ flavours, because the texture of waffles leaves very much to be desired.

I couldn't tell that these were meant to be Belgian waffles at all - a proper Belgian waffle would consist of a nice, crisp exterior and a soft, eggy interior. While not the toughest waffles I've eaten, the waffle by itself is bland and a little hard.

That being said, plating is beautiful and the combination of flavours marvellous. I enjoyed the S'more waffle with melted marshmallow and speculoos biscuit, topped with a lovely dark chocolate sorbet which was unquestionably the star of the dish. The sorbet provided much needed moisture to the waffle, softening it up and melding the flavours of marshmallow, biscuit and crisp cocoa waffle base together.

Come here if you enjoy a nice hideout from the hordes of tourists swarming Haji Lane. Currently, Stateland is home to Brother Bird as well, which serves nice (but not excellent) soft serve on rice donuts. Convenient if you want to sample desserts from the two different franchises in one place.

Standard has dropped drastically

A more comprehensive review can be found at SWEET ADDICTIONS!

I had different experiences going to Stateland Cafe twice.

Back in 2014, my sister, her boyfriend, my cousin and I were very impressed by the Red Velvet Waffles and Classic Honey Toast served there. We also enjoyed the cozy ambiance filled with comfy couches and fun plushies to play with.

However, when I went back with my close friend three months back, we totally decided not to come back to this cafe again. The taste of the S'mores Yeasted Waffles and Matcha Honey Toast were to overwhelming and dry for us and we could not finish it. It was too much for us to bear. We wished we did not pay SGD$14.90 each for it. The only saving grace was the sweet server who gave me a complimentary scoop of matcha ice-cream as I requested for it since the original scoop was melting quickly on top of the warm toast.

We Should Get a Calorie Refund for Things That Don't Taste Good

When first walking into Stateland Cafe, I absolutely fell in love with the decor. However, after the initial 5 seconds, our visit quickly went downhill. We stood by the entrance for a good couple minutes with no greeting and no place to sit because most of the empty tables hadn't been cleared. Even asking for a table prompted a quick "Yea, sit anywhere."

So, we sat and decided to order a Mentaiko pasta and Truffled spaghetti alfredo. At this point, we were both hungry and a little peeved with the service so far, so for the price of about $41 I had high expectations.

To get to the point, This entire meal was the picture of disappointment.

The Mentiako couldn't be detected over the overwhelming taste of chili, and the truffled alfredo was oily and bland. Trying to wash it down with their lemonade couldn't even help as it led to an awful mix of aftertaste and artificial flavor.

At this point, the love I had for the decor was slowly dwindling and I placed the last of my hope on their classic waffle and ice cream which in itself wasn't so bad but not enough to make up for the lackluster meal.

Giving credit to where it's due, the plates are rather Instagram-esque  and the decor makes an impactful first impression. So if you're all about the image this could be a cool spot to "discover" but as a person with a great appreciation for good food, this is one of those places I would've been okay not visiting.

Stateland Cafe: Waffles, Sweet Treats & Many More

Full review at http://lepakwithyaops.com/stateland-cafe-waffles-sweet-treats-many-more

Follow Lepak With Yaops on Instagram and Facebook

Tucked along Bali Lane, Stateland is one café that's not to miss if you are around Bugis. Started by a group of young entrepreneurs about 2 years ago, Stateland Cafe has come a long way and proven itself as a worthy competitor among the café scene in that district. This vintage industrial themed café has an extensive yet concise menu that serves mains (pasta and All Day Breakfast), dessert (waffles and toast) and beverages.

I ordered the S'more Waffles which had chocolate ice cream and toasted marshmallows on the dark chocolate infused waffle($14.9). To add-on the chocolatey craze, dark chocolate dark was drizzled for final touches. Basically, whatever that can be paired or filled with chocolate wasn't spared in this case.

Despite of the overload of chocolate, it surprisingly wasn't jelak at all. The only fuss that I had over this waffle was its lack of crisp. It was soft and had a bit of fluff.

Generally, given the hype about Stateland Cafe, I wasn't that impressed after my visit. However, I wouldn't mind heading down again to try other flavoured waffles and their toast too! By the way, this café opens till mid night, so it's a perfect spot to chill after a long day at work!