Summary

Thai Style Chicken Satay, stuffed chicken wings, tom yum, mango salad, Deep Fried Egg Beancurd, beef with cashew nut, Basil Chicken, Mango Sticky Rice, Pad Thai, Pandan Leaf Chicken, Steamed Fish, Thai Papaya Salad, Thai fish maw soup, fired basil meat, green curry, stir fried mixed seafood with basil and long beans, tapioca View all
Buffet, Dinner, Lunch, Children/Family, After Work, Quiet, Vibrant/Noisy, Large Groups/Gathering, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining View all

Disappointing

Was looking so forward to all you can eat brought by deal.com

Only the fried spring roll and minced chicken w basil were good.

Nothing else was worth eating.

Fortunately , we had good company who more than made up for the disappointing food.

Most helpful reviews for Suanthai Restaurant (Killiney Road)

Worst worst WORST Food I ever ate!

PLEASE DO NOT EVER TRY THE BUFFET! Not to even talk about the cost, the Dishes served are COLD & AWFUL! We have to force those disgusting cold pieces of meat into our mouth, trying so hard to convince myself to swollow it! Especially the prawn in the Tom Yam soup, I know it 's very unpleasant to do that in a restaurant but I've no choice but to spit it out! No differences between the 1 time dishes and other dishes, because you definitely wont be ordering it for the 2nd time. Eating those food is d*** TORTUROUS! Good atmosphere but I seriously wonder how they survive up to today with this kind of food standard. GOSH! I won't be eating those "food" again even if you pay me for it. We stepped out that restaurant and went home for instant noodles, taste so much better. At least I wont feel like vomiting. PS to restaurant: YOU CALL THAT FOOD!?!? Pls stop wasting our money plus bringing down the image of thai food!

worst thai restaurant i've ever eaten at

worst thai food i've ever eaten. feels more like eating free flow mixed veg rice at the coffee shop. don't bother waiting your time. have no idea why it is recommended by trip advisor. if you want thai food make your way down to golden mile.

Average Thai, good value buffet/set

Went to our local Thai. Realised we have been avoiding Killiney Rd lately, since the arrival of OC/313 have created many new options to indulge. Also the emergence of a Domino's on Killiney is a disappointing development... Anyhow I digress, as usual here we opted for the $12 net set meal (available for lunch or weeknights, not Fri-Sun). It includes ice lemon tea, starter, main, veg side and the dessert buffet. Most choose the all you can eat buffet, but the set seems to have more than enough food/choice to keep us happy. For starters my wife has the thai spring roll (nice) and i take the tom yum with chicken. The soup is spicy/pungent even though I ask for minimal spice, but I guess it's a given for tom yum. After the initial spoonful the taste buds adjust and it's ok from there. For the main we both chose the green chicken curry. I've definitely had better and to be honest would assess this as below average. Not much flavour/spice and too much coconut milk. Colour is also somehow wrong, the green is too bright/artificial. I suggest the basil chicken or beef as better options for main. We stick to the fresh fruit for dessert to keep it healthy. Overall it's an average meal, adequate for a weekday dinner and at $12 nett I have to say the value is reasonable/good.

food poison aft seeing cockroach

I used to go there quiet often, but about a year ago I saw a cockroach in my table during eating. And I thought they are clean now, but that was HUGE mistake. I had Pad thai, Yam yoon sen and green curry few days ago,  OMG I and my hubby got food poison seriously.
Dont have their food never again.

BAD SERVICE

BAD EXPERIENCE, LOUSY FOOD BAD ATMOSPHER, FAKE THAI FOOD TASTE MORE LIKE VIETNAM FOOD. BOUGHT THE DEAL FROM GROUPON, STILL MUST COLLECT GST SERVICE CHARGE AT CASHER. WHY MAN! DISHONEST OWNER, CAME AND CONFRONT US. SHOUTED AT US AT THE SHOP AND MADE US LEAVE AFTER 15MINS INTO EATING.