Summary

Thai Style Chicken Satay, stuffed chicken wings, tom yum, mango salad, Deep Fried Egg Beancurd, beef with cashew nut, Basil Chicken, Mango Sticky Rice, Pad Thai, Pandan Leaf Chicken, Steamed Fish, Thai Papaya Salad, Thai fish maw soup, fired basil meat, green curry, stir fried mixed seafood with basil and long beans, tapioca View all
Buffet, Dinner, Lunch, Children/Family, After Work, Quiet, Vibrant/Noisy, Large Groups/Gathering, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining View all

$13 set lunch

The food here is ok, and they have a $13 set lunch that gets you an appetizer, main, ice lemon tea and dessert. I like to order the set, since it gives me access to free flow tapioca, although the food here isn't great. Overall, its a fun place to cone when you want to stuff yourself with dessert.

Most helpful reviews for Suanthai Restaurant (Killiney Road)

Better go to kopitiam

From the outside this restaurant looks appealing and it is in a great location not far from Orchard. On the inside, things are less great. The decor is littered with awards from before 2009, and I doubt today this place would win any. Apart from the plastic tableware that really needs replacing, the food we had here yesterday was not worth the price - or any price. Green curry as watery as the green tea; chicken clearly just defrosted; lemongrass tea with more sugar than coca cola; green mango salad apparently not fresh as it had started to turn brown. What's more, Thai food is supposed to be spicy, but this restaurant prefers sweet and sour. Altogether I counted two chili's in alin our dishes combined.
On the upside, the waiters and waitresses were friendly, no complaints about that. But the owner and the chef of this place might want to consider a career change.

Cheap Thai food

Had high expectations but very very average food. Worth the price you pay for. Ala carte buffet food therefore if you want more of it you gotta keep asking them to give you. Certain dishes can be ordered once.

Disappointment

Definitely not value for money and not worth a visit at all. I bought 3 lunch vouchers for $45. However, the small notes on the vouchers were ambiguous. As my friends and I could not find a day to make it for lunch, I called the restaurant to ask if I could use the vouchers for dinner. They said yes. But when I showed them the vouchers, the waiter insisted that it's a lunch voucer and can't be used for dinner. They would only treat it as cash vouchers. So in the end, the dinner for 3 cost over $90. Felt so cheated!
They don't serve water, only bottled water at $2 per bottle. If not, it will be free flow ice lemon tea for $3.99++ or calamansi for $4.99++
There was only a very limited choice of food and the taste was horrible. I've never tasted tom yum soup that looked and tasted like plain water with some spiciness and sourness. The soup was completely "clean" and transparent. Even the tom yum flavour instant noodles taste much better!The beef was really tough! The seafood was not fresh at all. The taste of the food was lousy. The steam tapioca for dessert was very hard!  I've never tasted such bad Thai food at all. I would never visit it again even if it's a $10 buffet, not to mention we spent over $30 per pax

CRAPTASTIC

c***. c*** food. c*** service. c*** "ambience". c***, c***, c***.
We got here at 2.20pm today and were rushed to order because the kitchen was closing at 2.30. Ok fine, I understand. But what they didn't tell us was that the restaurant itself closed at 3pm. At 2.45, 2.50 and 3pm, we were rudely told thrice by the extremely unpleasant head waitress that we should eat quickly and get out soon. They even switched the restaurant lights off at 3pm. Never coming back here for the oily, greasy food and lousy lousy service again. should have read all the other negative reviews first.