Back to Sugisawa Japanese Restaurant#01-16, Riverside View...

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining3 votes

PURPLE
 • 02 Mar 2014 233 reviews 10 followers
Overall
Decided to pop by for dinner on a Friday night. Didn't do any reservations but was lucky as we got a table within 10 minutes.

Opted for beef yakiniku bento set. Waiting time for this was about 13 minutes. Bento set was served with rice and miso soup. Had some sashimi to share as well.

Friend had the beef paper hotpot. It's without rice. The soup was clear, light and sweet. Tasty. Ingredients were pretty simple, with some vege and thin beef slices.

For more pictures, you may wish to click on this link.

After Work, Dinner
  • beef kaminabe
  • sashimi
  • beef kaminabe
  • sashimi

Hoongy !
 • 15 Jul 2013 1840 reviews 253 followers
Overall
Decided to pay a visit to Sugisawa Japanese Restaurant recently as I wanted to take a post relaxing stroll by the river. As it was rather crowded, I got relegated to the outside seatings, which came out fine given that it was a rather cool night that evening.

I started with the Kaki Fri ($10), five plump oysters that were deep fried.

I then tried the Unagi Bento ($25), consisiting of two slices of salmon and tuna sashimi, a boiled tiger prawn which had sweet meat, miso soup, rice and two slabs of unagi. Good enough to fill up a hungry diner.

I also tried the tempura from the Tempura Udon ($14) and liked that fresh oil was used to fry the prawn.

I also tried the sushi from the Sushi Bento A ($24), which had salmon, squid, tuna, flying fish roe, chicken egg, yellow tail and freshwater eel.

Overall, I felt that the bentos are quite fairly priced, given the casual dining environment. If you are looking for a simple meal to fill you up, this would be an ideal place for you.

After Work, Ala Carte, Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch, People Watching
  • Sushi Bento A
  • Kaki Fry

PURPLE
 • 14 Apr 2012 233 reviews 10 followers
Overall
Visited on a Friday evening, without reservation. Was there at 730pm and there were many empty tables inside and outside of the restaurant. Was told to sit outside as the indoor dining was 'full'.

Ordered a bottle of Asahi (@$8++), and for food we had the Sakana Teriyaki Bento (cod fish) and a saba shioyaki.

The cod fish was of a good size, plump, moist and melt in your mouth kind. The bento also consist of a small mound of mashed potato salad, a slice of konyaku, a medium sized cooked prawn, some vinegared item and few slices of salmon (2) and tuna sashimi (3). My friend commented that the cooked prawn was very fresh.

The saba shioyaki looked nicer than it tasted.

For more pictures, you may wish to visit here.

• dinner