Reviews for Sumiya (Orchard Central)

3.7

AsianJapanese
Address: #12-02, Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road, 238896

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

best Mochi everrrrrrrrr

How do you express about the best Mochi ever? It was like biting into a green tea reservoir coated with a layer of cream.... (Yes, sounds so drama but I would really just come here for the mochi) Other than the over the top good Mochi, lunch sets are affordable and top quality. I have to admit dinner prices are really not the most affordable for most people; but is great for the once in a while special occasion. Staff are helpful also, and professional. Only feedback is they should smile a little. Bit more... They have been around and gets many loyal customers. So I suspect much of their service is well-practiced/ professional but standardize, which is good but lacks the extra touch.
• 22 Jul 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

best Mochi everrrrrrrrr

• 20 Jun 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Great place, great food

Overall
I happen to be in Somerset area quite often and I have to say that Sumiya is my favourite place for lunch and also for dinner. The food is always very good, the service attentive and the view is great. The chairs are not the most comfortable but I guess that's the style of the design. The portions are good but not too big so if you are hungry the bill can go up :)
Anyway, I'll keep returning also because the staff is very nice and attentive.
• 09 Jun 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Poor service

Overall
Poor service encountered at the orchard central outlet. Waited for very long for my grilled fish set when it was already ready at the food counter. However, none of the food counter staff nor the servers took the initiative to check on my orders or the prepared food at the counter. Was very disappointed with their service. There were so many servers walking around but none actually checked on individual tables' orders nor refill drinks. Would not visit the restaurant again.

Need a table now? Book these restaurants in less than 2 minutes