Reviews for Sumiya (Orchard Central)

3.7

AsianJapanese

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Great place, great food

I happen to be in Somerset area quite often and I have to say that Sumiya is my favourite place for lunch and also for dinner. The food is always very good, the service attentive and the view is great. The chairs are not the most comfortable but I guess that's the style of the design. The portions are good but not too big so if you are hungry the bill can go up :)
Anyway, I'll keep returning also because the staff is very nice and attentive.
• 20 Jun 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Great place, great food

Overall
Anyway, I'll keep returning also because the staff is very nice and attentive.
• 09 Jun 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Poor service

Overall
Poor service encountered at the orchard central outlet. Waited for very long for my grilled fish set when it was already ready at the food counter. However, none of the food counter staff nor the servers took the initiative to check on my orders or the prepared food at the counter. Was very disappointed with their service. There were so many servers walking around but none actually checked on individual tables' orders nor refill drinks. Would not visit the restaurant again.
• 20 Feb 2015 • 14 reviews • 2 followers

Incredible value in daily set lunches (incl. weekends)

Overall
I have a feeling that one day I’m really going to regret having posted this. Sumiya Charcoal Grill Izakaya has been around for a while but I don’t think many people have discovered it yet – which is why I have feelings of both fear and excitement (which, I know, sounds a little extreme for feelings towards a restaurant but legit nonetheless); fear for when it gets popular, I’m not going to be able to get a seat for a long time to come, and yet, excitement, at how much potential Sumiya has.

Check out my complete review at http://memoirsoftaste.com/index.php/2015/02/18/sumiya-charcoal-grill-izakaya-singapore/, where I provide you a rundown of the ambience, dishes, and share a tip or two.