Summary

The Suprette Burger, Chicken Pot Pie, Hanger Steak with Bone Marrow, Ken's Heart Attack burger, Mini lamb balls, Mocha, Muesli, chicken wings / burgers, fresh fruit icream, shakshuka, spiced french toast View all
Brunch, After Work, Breakfast, Chillout, Dinner, Hidden Find, Relaxed View all

a Top 3 Burger for sure

For droolworthy photos of the burgers, visit my blog

The end of my burger drought came in the form of a Suprette Burger ($20, +$3 for extra bacon), this was not just another pretty looking burger stack as it seems like, and somehow I can't get it out of my mind. Here at Suprette, the kitchen doesn't stinge, loading the wax-paper lined platter with an initially intimidating mountain of fries that would unknowingly disappear in a matter of time; seconds optional and highly dangerous. The cook on the beef patty was spot on, a slight pink in the middle teasing me with it's moist innards. The melted gruyere cheese forming a nappage over the patty, lending that edge of complex savoury notes to the construction.

First trip was a charm. Now it was time to put it to my test of 'repeated visits'

The Ken's Heart Attack Burger ($45) is the most dressed-up  version of a burger I've ever laid eyes on. Reaching staggering heights with a double patty, bacon, gruyere and mushrooms all layered by a master builder in the confines of his kitchen. The strips of perfectly fried bacon with the gooey cheese making it a comforting mess of umami and saltiness with a touch of earthiness from the mushrooms. As much as the monster burger carried sensible flavors, it would be crazy not to share this with someone.

My verdict  on this burger aligned with the many opinions I've heard thus far, this is your secret go-to burger. One that fills the voids of broken dreams and horrid days. The cat's out of the bag.

Most helpful reviews for Suprette

Just another brunch spot with mediocre food

For full review and pictures, please visit makeyourcaloriescount.

Greeted by a table in the middle of nowhere and a huge sign that says Kam Leng Hotel, we were initially dubious and then found the entrance to be on the left corner, with pretty limited and small spaces available. We would have preferred the 'outdoor' seating of course, after seeing how cramped it was on the inside, but it was occupied by a group gathering.

Settling down, we took a while before registering that there wasn't much on the menu to choose from, given that we weren't exactly looking for a heavy lunch, hence forgoing the Suprette Burger which seemed to be their signature.

Besar Breakfast ($21)
Pretty fanciful name for its 'big breakfast', there was the usual eggs (choose from scrambled, poached or fried), bacon, ham, sausage, mushroom, roasted potatoes and homemade baked beans. I've never used to think much of scrambled eggs until I've had my fair share of mediocre ones and sad to say this was another one of those. A tad too watery, it didn't have the rich fragrance of scrambled eggs and was slightly too liquid for my liking. The rest were just normal, though my companion thought that the bacon was too salty and it wasn't the juicy flavourful sausage she was expecting.

Breakfast Set ($12)
A smaller version of the Besar Breakfast for those who'd like a light brunch, this was a portion with 2 eggs (choice of fried/scrambled/poached) and 2 sides.

I chose the pork sausage and roasted potatoes to go along, the simplest breakfast can get. The scrambled eggs were the same as the one for Besar Breakfast, a disappointing attempt, while the pork sausage was slightly too savory for my liking. I didn't like how it had too much water on the inside as well, whereby every slice results in an oozing sausage and when the water got into contact with the paper lining they had on their plates, it wasn't quite an appealing sight. I'd nonetheless enjoyed my portion of roasted potatoes and only wished that I had that as my 2 sides instead. Slightly spiced, it was cooked to the right softness, not too mashy yet not too hard on the jaws. But then again, I'm a potato lover, so try it for yourself!

Its items were all served on a piece of white paper lining the old school kinda yellow metal plates. I loved the rustic feel, just not sure if that is the best form for the items we had as the fluids/oil from the sausage and eggs soon surfaced and started soaking up the piece of paper, a reminder of the unhealthy oils going into your stomach. Not exactly the most appetising sight!

Just another one of those brunch hipster cafes, this didn't manage to impress us. Perhaps it was just the items we've ordered that didn't quite match up to what we were looking for, but with the pretty cramped interior, we didn't feel that the ambience was a nice hangout spot for chillin', hence quite unlikely to return again!

First review for this place

First review for this placegood place for listening music, have a breakfast, dinner and relax.let come and enjoy.

Good burger? More like danger burger!

I went to Suprette for lunch today to try their Suprette Burger and went away quite disappointed.

When I arrived one table was occupied and the service staff were sitting behind the service/bar area, both on thier mobile phones. I had to call out to get thier attention. But hey, we're all on our phones these days and the place was almost empty so this is minor - but a sign of things to come.

Ambience? Not much, it had cheap tables and decor and looked a bit grubby. Maybe it's better without daylight.

The burger for lunch is $22+++ and is served with fries. The waitress asked me how I like my burger done and I asked for medium. You'd think this was a good sign but wait... About 20 minutes later my burger and fries arrived and they looked good. The fries were crispy and my first bite of the burger was juicy BUT about three bites in I realised the burger was a lot rarer than I expected for medium doneness. I'm OK with medium-rare so I didn't immediately mind. However my next bite nearer the burger's centre led me to do something I rarely do - I had to spit it out. It was cold. I'm not talking about room temperature cold, I'm talking about it-came-from-the-fridge cold.

I get it that the place wasn't busy and the meat has to come from the fridge when a customer orders but the chef should have compensated for that during the 20 minutes it took to prepare this burger. He/she knows the burgers come from the fridge and should be experienced at dealing with that fact - not serving mostly raw/inedible burgers to customers.

I had to leave about 3/4 of the burger and I frankly lost my appetite at the idea I could get food poioning. The waitress, when I called her over, didn't seem surprised but to her credit asked if Iwanted anything else. I said no.

At this point I decided to conduct a test as I asked for the bill without specifically asking for a discount or suggesting the burger should be free (I'm sure however I looked quite unhappy). Before, I've been in a US food chain here in Singapore when one of my party of 4 had an undercooked item and they refused to let us pay for anything (OK, props to Chili's - and everything else was good). Would the waitress waive my bill or would she just charge me the full amount (not unusual in Singapore even when you point out something was inedible and in fact uneaten)? Well, she gave me a 20% discount so again some credit to her for trying. But is was still a bit insulting when I left so much of the burger and my lunch was spoiled.

My review could have been very different if the burger was cooked well enough, but not today.

Forget it...Don't even bother....go somewhere else. They changed its chef and menu...

This place was one of our first dating place for me and my then-boyfriend (now husband). It was also our favourite. Their panseared salmon, pork chop, burgers was superrrr-ette! Until this week when we went there again to re-live good moments shared in that quaint cafe for the past 2 years, the food was the most horrible you can imagine.

Had a pork chop. Large slab of meat dry and unflavourful, side with too much fries....it look totally unappetizing. The only good thing going was its nachos with melted cheese. But then again, i could make it myself too. Buy nachos, buy a jar of cheese with Jalepeno (yummyyyy), pop it into microwave and pour melted cheese onto nachos. viola!

I had a bowl of salad...pfftt!

Still My Favourite Burger In Singapore Thus Far

I was craving a good burger and the wife happened to be on leave so we headed down to Suprette for lunch one weekday afternoon. Our last visit there was absolutely delicious so it was the natural choice for a burger fix.

Chunky Chicken Chowder - This was part of the set lunch that the wife had and it came across as creamy but a wee bit too salty. However the chicken chunks were plentiful which was rather unexpected.

Chipotle Chicken Sandwich - I had a bite of the chipotle chicken sandwich and it proved to be very decent; a tad creamy with a tinge of spiciness and sandwiched between two crisp bread halves. Served with shoe string fries and salad - all for $15 nett inclusive of a soup and a drink. A pretty decent deal if you ask me.

Suprette Burger - And my sole reason for coming to Suprette, the namesake Suprette Burger ($20 for lunch, $25 for dinner), topped with bacon (+$3) and mushrooms (+$3). The hand chopped patty was done to medium well even though I had requested for medium rare but still came across as flavourful and juicy with bits of fat for texture. Add plentiful mushrooms, crisp bacon strips, a layer of gruyere cheese and two wonderfully buttery and crisp buns for the ultimate enjoyment. Oh and let's not forget the mountain of crisp shoestring fries (free flow if you visit during dinner but a single serving is more than enough for me).

Lunch cost the both of us to the tune of $42.54, which was well worth the money in my humble opinion. A pity there is no option to have the burger as part of the set lunch (even with a top up) but in itself, the set lunch does represent decent value for money. But the draw (to me at least) is still undeniably the burger.