Reviews for Sushi Goshin – by Akashi (Suntec City Mall)

3.2

AsianJapanese
novemberr

value for money, good for quiet chill out

Upon entering the restaurant, note that the counter is about 5-10 steps in so the service staff may not notice you at times. Once in, seating and tables are spacious, with lots of room to walk and be seated without bumping seats or elbows. For the umpteenth time that I've been to Sushi Goshin, the sushi is always so fresh. Sushis are priced per piece (min. 2 pieces per order), which may seem pricey for most. Salmon sushi is at $1.20 per piece, which is priced averagely as you'll get the same for $2+ for a set of two pieces. But the salmon here is always thick and big, covering the rice fully, as opposed to those thin and stringy salmon you usually get outside. But note that the price goes up from here. My usual eat includes Spicy Salmon gunkan ($1.20), Hotate Mayo Tobiko gunkan ($1.80), Tako sushi ($1.20) and Negi Shake Temaki ($2.20). Ala carte menu, sashimi, soups, rice and sets are out of my price range, so I've never tried ordering. Sashimi (3pcs): salmon (Shake) priced at $3.60 and tuna (Maguro) priced at $6. Ala Carte: Chawamushi for $6 and Gyoza (8pcs) for $10.
18 Jan 2015 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

value for money, good for quiet chill out

Overall
  • From top-left: Hotate mayo tobiko gunkan, spicy salmon gunkan, tako sushi, salmon sushi
22 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Disappointing service, kitchen should step up control on food quality

I would have given a zero in my review, but was unable to. Ordered a tenzaru set from the menu. Comes along with a quail egg that was rotten. Informed the staff and all looked so confused. Can't get the stench of rotten eggs off my hands after repeated washing. Came back to diner and waited for 20 mins, to my amazement no one bothered to come and explain the rotten egg situation. Is the kitchen chef so ignorant, can't seperate the rotten eggs from good ones, perhaps they should Google it. After I asked the staff, then I get a feeble response, manager not here..etc etc... this is one of the most disappointing Jap resturant I have been to, I would strongly advise your management to look into your operations, especially the kitchen..
18 May 2014 • 136 reviews • 0 follower

Delicious and wallet friendly!

Sushi Goshin is a place that I would recommend if you want to have good sushi and not want to pay a hefty price. Paid about $27 for what I’ve had. They have a really broad range of food, from the cheaper ones to the more upmarket otoro and so you can craft your meal according to your craving. Would really recommend that bowl of noodles and rice if you are looking for a carbo rich meal. They also have okayu or Japanese porridge which most Japanese chain restaurants in sg do not have. I almost wanted to give it a try initially as the pictures look so good but decided to go for the rice instead. A really great break from the super hectic week (even though there was vesak day; as it means I will have to finish everything in 4 days!).

For more details, please visit:

Similar Listings