Review for Swensen's (ION Orchard)

3.1

AmericanDessertsFusionHalalPizzaWesternHealthy
Address: #B1-31, ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, 238801
14 Jul 2014
Overall

Always value for money :)

Always my top choice for a value-for-money meal with friends.
Love the comfy booth seat at Swenson's Ion that can easily accommodate 4 pax.

This time, we tried their Healthier Dishes menu as they are low in calories and highly recommended by the staff.

We were quite skeptical at first as healthy doesn't mean tasty most of the time but they turned out really delicious!

We had the Grilled Chicken Salad as appetizer. The portion was great for sharing as it was quite big. Love the variety of fresh vegetables included - romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, cherry tomatoes, olives, carrot shreds, walnuts and grilled chicken! :)

The Pesto Salmon dish was done very well. :) It was a big slab of Grilled Salmon made very tender and juice and the skin was crispy yet not oily. Love the perfect combination with the mashed potato with boiled vegetables!

The Victoria Chicken was surprisingly our favourite. Though the use of chicken breast meat, it was still juicy and tender. The Victoria sauce was really light yet tasty too. :)

Will be back for the Pesto Salmon & Victoria Chicken!

More reviews of Swensen's

Love Swensens!

Say swensens, and everybody knows it - It's at almost every location and I absolutely love it! Though it is one the pricey side, it's pretty worth it. I love their dishes and it comes in big portions. Perfect for family dinner - birthdays or anniversary. I love their fish and chips too! Can really tell that their fishes are fresh and well cooked. The Swedish meat ball is also really recommended. I love Swensens ice cream and love how they give free serving of ice cream if it's your birthday!

Boston lobster roll

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2014/10/17/swensens-ion-orchard/

The Boston Lobster Roll ($21.80) – A decadent creation featuring generous chunks of succulent lobster meat dressed with a touch of honey lime. To complete the experience, a perfectly toasted pillow soft butter bun was specially created so that every bite is unforgettable! Got to admit I’ve this so very the soft spot for LOBSTERS MEAT! SO JUICY!

Years of comfort food

Swensen's has been around for years, with many outlets around Singapore. What usually comes to mind when one mentions the name of this All-American chain restaurant here, ice cream? i don't know about you, but since young I have always enjoyed their delicious Fish & Chips with the firm dory flesh that doesnt fall apart at knifepoint, or the absolutely scrumptious Crayfish Pasta.   Today, however, I would like to mention my absolute favorite here - the Salmon and Mushroom Baked Rice (SGD$12.90).   So how this dish is formed is, a delicious brown mushroom sauce and cheese are slathered generously over over an eye-shaped bowl of egg-mushroom fried rice. Then it is set to bake, along with the salmon. It may be a simple dish, but the flavor is absolute.   The rice is not just plain rice, but its fried with egg, button mushroom and I believe there's garlic as well. The tasty brown sauce is thick, and comes with generous slivers of shiitake mushrooms, thus adding bounce to the entire dish. The smoked salmon itself is saccharine in its own sea-worthiness, and topped with melted cheese, is completely wholesome.   For full review, please visit http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/11/lunch-at-swensens-comfort-food-for-years.html

Don't Bother

Overpriced, for what it actually delivers.

* Presentation - highly unappetizing.
*Taste - something you can easily conjure yourself while trying to      UNsuccessfully experiment anything
*Ambience - very little, similar to a spartan cafeteria trying hard to be look contemporary and maybe even artsy (I am being generous) but failing very miserably
*Service - minimal

Dissapointing to say the very least, for a $75+ meal for 3 people.
3 pasta mains and 1 dessert.

Even the funkier foodcourts or good pasta deli takeaways have way more presentation and taste, for less.

From fond child~teen Singapore memories with friends and bf ... I recall Swensen's being the 'go to' place to ice-cream - Earthquakes etc. Having been dissapointed with all 3 pastas, I thought this Ion one deserved at least a redeeming chance with a dessert order. Despite everyone's protests, I went ahead with ONE order.

*Dessert - a pathetic looking 2 scoops dunked on a waffle, nothing more nothing less ... really sad.
I could have done the same at home without having to pay $11!

Zero effort to even jazz up overall presentation with a drizzle of caramel/fudge/whipped cream with a cinnamon stick or something.

Healthier Choice dishes available at Swensen's for the family

Full review at http://www.alexischeong.com/2014/07/restaurant-review-swensens-healthier.html

Many people cringe when they think of “healthy food”. I know I did, because the typical image that comes to mind is a celery and spinach-chomping person with no joy in eating. Some readers who visited my blog recently saw all the posts in conjunction with the HPB’s Healthier Dining Programme told me my blog posts are “too healthy, I don’t think it’s for me”. Before you leave this blog from the sheer ‘healthiness’ of my blog posts, I just need to proclaim that I am as unhealthy as every one of you. I enjoy my occasional fast food and usual hawker fare, and wouldn’t want to stop any time soon.   BUT!   Being healthy is not about drastic measures of abstinence from junk food or eating mountains of salad. Keyword is in being informed, and taking everything in moderation. For example, I know now that there are more options when dining outside for me to choose from that is equally yummy but healthier, and I would like to share some of these options with you.

But while that’s still available on the menu, Swensen’s has actually gone through a lot of changes to their dining menu. Instead of just ice cream, they’ve expanded to offer savory meals. And beyond just savory meals, they’ve gone the extra step to offer Healthier Choice dishes to join the #eathealthySG programme!

Read my blog to find out more on what are the dishes.