Back to Symmetry#01-01, 9 Jalan Kubor

High Tea3 votes

Captain Tastyp
 • 12 Jul 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went here for brunch today around 1PM. Waited about 1 hour for a table, then after ordering, another half hour before our food arrived. So the total waiting time before eating was an hour an a half. Our table was outside, basically just off the sidewalk where buses and cars are driving by, with some pigeons wandering around, far from relaxing or comfortable. Food was nice enough, but honestly, brunch for two was close to $70, and that's just one dish each and one coffee each. For that kind of money, I think I prefer a seat at a nice restaurant in a hotel. If the tab came out to around $40-50, I think it's reasonable enough, but seriously, this place is overpriced and, sorry, simply not worth it. Nice to try it once, but there are better cafes with far better value for the money.

purpurme
 • 08 Jul 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I had a reservation at 4pm on a Sunday. Before making the reservation, I was still wondering if it is necessary since it is at a non-peak time slot. Boy was I wrong.

When I arrived around 4pm, the place was so crowded. There are even a couple of patrons waiting outside for their turn (wo reservation). So just make a reservation before heading down so as to eat asap!

The ambience is the exact feel I had when I was in Melbourne cafe-hoping. It really feels like I'm back in Melbourne.

Ordered the following :

Potato Fries : Just fries with truffle oil. No one would come here and not order this! It is quite a lot for 2 pax. But it was so delicious! Each fry is coated with truffle oil which you just can't help but finish them all.

Smoked Turkey Ham & Cheese Croquette : This is a deep fried ball made of mash potato with ham & cheese. IT.IS.SO.SINFUL. But good!

Waffle : For me this is the best dish I had here. Ice cream is really good and unique. Waffle is not bad but not tasty enough.

Iced Latte : Very good. Nuff said

Iced Mocha : Average.

I was too full to try other brunch favourites. Probably on the next visit.

However, the only bad critic I have for Symmetry is that it is so darn expensive. I paid $70 for the above dishes, even when none is a main.

For such setting and simple ingredients, it is indeed way overprice.

I would just save this place for a special occasion.

Must tries: Truffle Fries, Blueberry Ice Cream, Waffle

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Brunch, High Tea, Lunch, Nice Deco, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, Trendy

SCS C
 • 06 Jun 2014 229 reviews 1 follower
Overall
hotos and more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/symmetry-jalan-kubor/

good, delicious brunch, in a very cool hipster hangout in the still-cool neighborhood of kampong glam. so this place, it’s imminently likable. is it weird that I think that someplace this cool ought to be rather irritating? it’s done up in concrete, the hostesses are young trendy females, the baristas wear baseball hats and graphic tees, and the menus are all done up illustration-style. but the food is delicious, the wait isn’t long – and there’s a good, orderly queue system.

very, very likable.