Reviews for Symmetry

AustralianEuropeanFrenchWestern
Address: #01-01, 9 Jalan Kubor, 199206
23 Jan 2016
Overall

Very cool place to chill and have a drink (coffee or otherwise)

Tired of Starbucks we wanted some place new to chill and have coffee. Symmetry is about as far from Starbucks as you can get. A bohemian hipster vibe filled the brim with ambience in a lightly lit setting.

The hold chocolate and cold brew coffee were fantastic.
Cold brew coffee

More reviews of Symmetry

Overall

Delicious food in a cozy atmosphere

Came on a Saturday afternoon - cafe was super crowded but we managed to get seats in 5 mins. As I was nursing a hangover, I ordered a flat white while my good friends ordered the big breakfast and the eggs sur le plat.

1. Coffee
 Lovely latte art, however the flat white tasted more like a latte. Foam was too stiff, but good crema. Disappointing for $6.50 - perhaps I'll order a latte next time.

2. Eggs Sur Le Plat

Lovely tomato-based dish with bits of sausage and meat, with artisanal toast (read: big hunk of white bread) served to the side. I loved the tanginess of the dish, absolutely scrumptious.

3. Big Breakfast

The plating was really beautiful and instagrammable. Scrambled eggs were a little hard - was expecting something creamier. However, the truffled mushrooms and the mixed berry butter were nice touches. The sausage, though, tasted like something from a supermarket.

Overall, Symmetry is a nice place to chill with friends over the weekend, provided that you are well-prepared to spend more than $26 per main dish.  I would return to try their other acclaimed dishes, like the Symmetry Benedict.

nice food

i have always heard about this cafe and have decided to try it out.
this place is actually one of the best cafes for the perfect brunch as recommended by sethlui.
this is a place whereby you could indulge yourself for a treat.
i would definitely return for the truffle eggs mushroom as it is a soft and wet scrambled eggs, coupled with a subtle truffle oil.
the other is the classic eggs benedict whereby the english muffins were well toasted and it is the crisp on the outside soft and chewy on the inside.

coffee place

in between on my breaks , chance upon this cafe and I came over here and had a try at their coffee! nice coffee especially when the aroma raise up to ur nose when the coffee is served. and it was so cute to have the lil cookie next to it! shall head over again when I am available with my kids , they would definately be overwhelm to see the menu and enjoy that little cute cookie over there. to add on, they have really nice staffs there
Overall

Too eclectic for my taste

While I commend the service staff for their wonderful service, the dishes itself was too eclectic for my taste. The starters had mainly Japanese dressing when an Italian, Cesar or even simple vinaigrette would have been more welcome to our salads. Morever, these Japanese dressings clashed with the truffle fries which were excellent by the way.
Now for the mains. While the duck confit itself was very good, again pairing it with risotto spoiled the dish. Similarly, pairing the pork cheek with a creamed pasta was quite excessive. The lamb shank was a bit on the dry side for me but this may be to retain its middle eastern authencity. While this went well with the baba ghanoush, pairing it with couscous was a downer for my group.
Pour overall food experience would best be described as mixed. Individually, the duck comfit and pork cheek and pasta and cream we're excellent but with the pairing it just overwhelmed the taste buds.