Back to Symmetry#01-01, 9 Jalan Kubor

Anniversary3 votes

Evans and Raevian
 • 12 Apr 2014 6 reviews 0 follower
Who doesn’t love brunch?

Symmetry is a café by day, restaurant bar by night. My bf and I decided to try this famous place for brunch.This place is really popular and I strongly suggest you make reservations prior to making a trip down.Symmetry Café is situated between Bugis and Lavender MRT station at 9 Jalan Kubor Road, opposite Santa Grand Hotel.

Food is definitely good. We start off with Potato Fries with Truffle Oil Emulsion that had black truffle salt and Parmesan cheese evenly sprinkled, recommended for starter.

The Big Breakfast- eggs of your choice, maple glazed bacon, smoked salmon, chicken cheese sausage, sauté mushroom, hashbrown, mesclun, berry butter and toast. Super satisfying, especially the scrambled eggs are so soft and moist.

Tiger Prawn Aglio Olio - To be honest, we had better ones elsewhere, so this is neither yay nor nay. Prawns were succulent and fresh but paste will be better if its softer.

Waffle - Mix berry compote, peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut, maple syrup, chantilly cream, blueberries ice cream. Warmly served waffle with its thick spread of peanut butter and blueberry ice cream/ small berries toppings made this dessert a divine indulgence!

Overall, we really like Symmetry. Decor in the cafe is a mixture of rustic and eclectic elements, food is very good, price is slighly on the high side but the quality of the food makes up for it.

For full review and photos, you can find out more at http://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2013/12/brunch-at-symmetry-cafe/

Must tries: Truffle Fries

Breakfast, Brunch

OYHZ
 • 09 Apr 2014 50 reviews 0 follower
Full review here: http://oyhz.blogspot.sg/2014/03/symmetry-cafe-singapore.html

Symmetry is a cafe by the day, restaurant by night.

I was attracted to its rustic charm immediately when we reached. Nestled along Jalan Kubor, it is reviewed to be quite a popular place for brunch and dinners.

The restaurant is pretty small size, hence do remember to make reservations!

Starters: Grapes!
When we tried this, I was sold T.T
The grapes were so yummy and addictive that we finished them up in a minute.

Pork Cheeks Pasta $26
Tagliatelle pasta, mix mushroom, creme fraiche, parmesan cheese, arugula salad

The cream pasta was really good! Not a fan of pork usually, but the pork cheeks were so juicy and tender that I had quite a huge portion.

Lychee Mint $14
Lychee, fresh mint, lime juice and brown sugar

This is a MUST-TRY!
Super refreshing and it puts you in a completely chillax mood once you take a sip of it.

Full review here: http://oyhz.blogspot.sg/2014/03/symmetry-cafe-singapore.html

make your calories count
 • 05 Apr 2014 121 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For review in full complete with pictures, please refer to http://www.makeyourcaloriescount.com/2014/04/sg-symmetry-striking-right-balance.html

In concurrence with the philosophy of Symmetry that "If everybody learns to share, the world will have enough", we were excited about our planned trip to the cafe. Tucked away in a serene spot within Jalan Kubor (close to Bugis), the cafe turns into a restaurant bar in the evening. Inspired by the Australian casual dining culture and French cuisine, Symmetry places great emphasis on sharing and prides itself for using modern food preparation techniques on fresh produces.

Flat white | S$5.50/++ , Long Black | S$4.50/++

We felt that the latte art on the flat white was something that could be improved but in terms of flavours, it had a relatively good balance between the acidity of the coffee beans and the foamed milk though the after-taste had a strong creamy and milkyfinish.

The long black coffee on the other hand carried a sharp acidity which puckered my mouth. I am in general, very particular about my brew and on this particular occasion, it did not quite go my preferred way.

Symmetry eggs benedict | S$22/++

Served with diced portobello mushrooms and bacon, the classic English muffins played host to the soft-boiled eggs cooked at low temperature. The technique used was largely similar to the eggs ben tried at The Missing Pan though this rendition had melted aged cheddar to top off the dish. Due to the preparation technique, the eggs were wobbly soft, tasting almost like your soft-boiled eggs.

We enjoyed the crispness of the freshly toasted muffin and the beautiful caramelised onions that introduced a hint of sweetness to complement the savoury bacon. The freshness of the ingredients was guaranteed when the viscous bright orange egg yolk started flowing out upon the first slice of the knife.

We would however have preferred a more generous portion of the classic Hollandaise sauce as that was an element sorely lacking in the dish to define a classic eggs benedict.

Symmetry eggs sur le plat | S$24/++

Recommended by the serving lady as one of Symmetry's signature dishes, we unveiled the toast to reveal a mixture of pork sausages, smoked paprika, cherry tomato coulis, creamed baby spinach and eggs topped with cheddar cheese.

Expect some rich flavours in that thin tomato purée which had been infused with the savouriness of the pork sausages. Paired with the creamed baby spinach, it went well with the crisp toast and portion of greens to cleanse one's palate.

Due to word constraints, please visit us at http://www.makeyourcaloriescount.com/2014/04/sg-symmetry-striking-right-balance.html for the rest of the review.

Must tries: Eggs Benedicts