Summary

Service3
Truffle Fries, Eggs Benedicts, Beef Short Ribs, Flan, Truffle Egg Mushroom, Waffle, Blueberry Ice Cream, Egg Florantine, eggs sur le plat, Baby Squid with Black Pepper Aioli, Big Breakfast, Bloody Mary, Big Breakfast, Truffle Fries, Mushroom Eggs, Carbonara Pasta, Cold brew coffee, Crispy Squid, Croque Madam, Duck egg, Egg Mushroom, Flat White, Hickory Corned Beef & Hash, Hot Chocolate, Oysters, Pork Collar Croissant, Portobello and Cheese, Symmetry Eggs Sur Le Plat, Truffle Eggs Mushroom, Truffle Mushroom Carbonara, Tuna Ceviche, Waffles, Yakult Sake, poached eggs, prawn nugget, seafood frittata, tiger prawn aglio olio View all
Brunch, Chillout, After Work, Breakfast, Ala Carte, Lunch, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Trendy, Relaxed, Vibrant/Noisy, Nice Deco, Birthdays, Hidden Find, Anniversary, Girls Night Out, Night Out, Boys Night Out, Romance/First Dates, High Tea, Large Groups/Gathering View all

Long wait, overpriced fair

Went here for brunch today around 1PM. Waited about 1 hour for a table, then after ordering, another half hour before our food arrived. So the total waiting time before eating was an hour an a half. Our table was outside, basically just off the sidewalk where buses and cars are driving by, with some pigeons wandering around, far from relaxing or comfortable. Food was nice enough, but honestly, brunch for two was close to $70, and that's just one dish each and one coffee each. For that kind of money, I think I prefer a seat at a nice restaurant in a hotel. If the tab came out to around $40-50, I think it's reasonable enough, but seriously, this place is overpriced and, sorry, simply not worth it. Nice to try it once, but there are better cafes with far better value for the money.

Most helpful reviews for Symmetry

Delicious food in a cozy atmosphere

Came on a Saturday afternoon - cafe was super crowded but we managed to get seats in 5 mins. As I was nursing a hangover, I ordered a flat white while my good friends ordered the big breakfast and the eggs sur le plat.

1. Coffee
 Lovely latte art, however the flat white tasted more like a latte. Foam was too stiff, but good crema. Disappointing for $6.50 - perhaps I'll order a latte next time.

2. Eggs Sur Le Plat

Lovely tomato-based dish with bits of sausage and meat, with artisanal toast (read: big hunk of white bread) served to the side. I loved the tanginess of the dish, absolutely scrumptious.

3. Big Breakfast

The plating was really beautiful and instagrammable. Scrambled eggs were a little hard - was expecting something creamier. However, the truffled mushrooms and the mixed berry butter were nice touches. The sausage, though, tasted like something from a supermarket.

Overall, Symmetry is a nice place to chill with friends over the weekend, provided that you are well-prepared to spend more than $26 per main dish.  I would return to try their other acclaimed dishes, like the Symmetry Benedict.

Too eclectic for my taste

While I commend the service staff for their wonderful service, the dishes itself was too eclectic for my taste. The starters had mainly Japanese dressing when an Italian, Cesar or even simple vinaigrette would have been more welcome to our salads. Morever, these Japanese dressings clashed with the truffle fries which were excellent by the way.
Now for the mains. While the duck confit itself was very good, again pairing it with risotto spoiled the dish. Similarly, pairing the pork cheek with a creamed pasta was quite excessive. The lamb shank was a bit on the dry side for me but this may be to retain its middle eastern authencity. While this went well with the baba ghanoush, pairing it with couscous was a downer for my group.
Pour overall food experience would best be described as mixed. Individually, the duck comfit and pork cheek and pasta and cream we're excellent but with the pairing it just overwhelmed the taste buds.

way too long !

It took 30 minutes to get our starter and another 30 minutes to get my plate while my friend was eating ! Also I found the place really over priced ! And the service was not nice at all! I will not go back ! And don't recommend the place at all ! It is becoming ridiculous ...

Almost Perfect

Click HERE for full review and photos!

We dropped by on a Saturday afternoon to try their weekend brunch menu (Symmetry also offers a separate menu for both lunch and dinners on weekdays) and fell in love with the place just walking in... Coupled with the fact that it was raining that day as well and having window seats to watch the raindrops beat against the glass as we ate made the whole setting for us quite complete.

Prawn Popcorn $14

Not to be mistaken for popcorn chicken, this starter was unlike its greasy and oily distant cousin. The fresh succulent prawns inside had a nice bouncy and natural sweet bite, while the thin layer of light batter gave the exterior that perfect crunch. Served with wasabi seaweed remoulade that was positively addictive and went well with almost everything we had dipped it with, this was a great introduction to the next few dishes to come.

Flan $23

A cute twist to the usual pastry shortcrust flan that we usually see in desserts, this was instead a very unique and interesting savory item of sauteed mushrooms soaked in a glorious mixture of onions, cream and pommery mustard, hinting of a Carbonara-like creaminess to it. Break the poached egg and stir in the runny yolk for added textures. The two chunks of Pork cheek confit had great marinate and flavour while the generous topping of salad greens on top was a nice simple contrast and balance to the saltiness contributed by the cream sauce and pork cheeks. And the best part? Eating the flan after it had soaked up all that sauce and softened to almost a chewy soggy consistency that was surprisingly the highlight.

Big Breakfast $24

Symmetry does the Big Breakfast effortlessly and satisfyingly. A plate of everything such as scrambled eggs, maple glazed bacon, chicken cheese sausage, hashbrown, mushroom, jam & toast is more than enough to make your tummy happy and especially so, when all the individual components were well executed. I especially loved those candied bacon strips that tasted like bak kwa and the cheese sausage that got a little too oozy when bit into.

Very cool place to chill and have a drink (coffee or otherwise)

Value 3| Ambience 4| Service 4

Tired of Starbucks we wanted some place new to chill and have coffee. Symmetry is about as far from Starbucks as you can get. A bohemian hipster vibe filled the brim with ambience in a lightly lit setting.

The hold chocolate and cold brew coffee were fantastic.