Reviews for Szechuan Court & Kitchen

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Awesome Presentations

Szechuan Court probably has one of the best chinese cuisine presentations in town. Their food is prepared and presented immaculately and you can see the effort put into making them.
• 02 Jun 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

I wouldn't waste my time here

Overall
I am an avid szechuan cuisine fan.
 But in Szechuan Court, I'm not really sure what's going on.
 There were 2 classic items I ordered which i'm sure is suppose to taste nothing as such.
 Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fusion, contemporary cuisine and what not's, i'm not adverse to changes.
 BUT, if you plan to change a classic dish you must at least have the decency to mention it in your menu that it's a 'special style created by the restaurant' or have the servers advise your customers what to expect. To top it off, the 'special style' created, did not taste good at the end of the day.

The two dishes were SzeChuan spicy dan dan noodles and 'kou shui qi' (not on menu).

The saving grace of the day was the Beijing duck (ironic since the restaurant is suppose to specialise in Szechuan) and double-boiled soup.

The only reason that i gave it 1 more star is because the ambiance is nice.

I wouldn't waste my time and money here, go to a nearby coffeeshop.
• 25 Jul 2014 • 9 reviews • 0 follower

Overpriced, Terrible Food with Thawed out taste

Overall
  The food here was true as ha gao and siew mai tasted frozen factory-made. Har kau's skin was thick and yellow in color - never tasted such bad har kau, you can get better at Cold Storage. Xiao long bao came with skin broken and mushy.

The usuals like siew mai, ha-gao, shrimps in beancurd skin were disappointing. The century egg porridge was decent though. The ee-fu noodles were sad too, dry and bland.    Not advisable to visit the restaurant if you are looking for good dim-sum. other restaurants has exceedingly better and well-priced dim-sum dishes.

• 25 Jul 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Will I return here again? Never.........

Overall
Don't ever waste your money on such lousy, over-priced and over-rated Chinese restaurant.
I have visited Szhchuan Court today for lunch. I've ordered several dishes and few dim sums. The Roasted Char Siew is so tough to chew and the fried rice is so soggy and salty that It is so hard to swallow. The other dishes are also just so and not worthy of mention. I have expected the 5++ Star restaurant to have certain minimum standard and are so disappointed with the quality of food they provided. I will definitely not return.